What Are You Drinking ?

On 09/08/2024 at 19:57, Craig fae the Vale said:

Picking three separate groups of people up at some point tonight so I'm on non alcoholic beers for the time being. This is Overtone's first alcohol free and it's bloody great. 

20240809_195049.jpg

I'm back on the NA stuff for a wee while and my experiences so far have mostly been underwhelming. That looks interesting- where did you find it?

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm back on the NA stuff for a wee while and my experiences so far have mostly been underwhelming. That looks interesting- where did you find it?

Got that one in the Wee Beer Shop on Pollokshaws Road in Glasgow. Really good selection of AF beers in there.

On 12/08/2024 at 21:18, AnderooMFC said:

Bailey's Mint Choc Shake on Saturday. Not bad, but not the best of their limited editions.

20240810_223834.jpg

Then some more standard JD+Coke, with added branded stirrer.

20240811_021330.jpg

Freeway cola, you know how to live!

10 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Freeway cola, you know how to live!

To those of us with a more modest income and a more unrefined palette than yourself, it tastes almost as good.
Or rather for 4x the price, The Real Thing doesn't taste 4x as good.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I was more freaked by the amount of Bailey's in that glass 🤢

If you're gonna finish the bottle (which I did) is there any point pouring less or using a smaller glass? You'd probably be just as freaked by the amount of JD in the smaller glass lol.

57 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

To those of us with a more modest income and a more unrefined palette than yourself, it tastes almost as good.
Or rather for 4x the price, The Real Thing doesn't taste 4x as good.

If you're gonna finish the bottle (which I did) is there any point pouring less or using a smaller glass? You'd probably be just as freaked by the amount of JD in the smaller glass lol.

You drank the whole bottle of mint Bailey's in one sitting?

Never tried it personally but if it's a sickly sweet as the original version then you've some stomach on you.

Edited by jimbaxters

14 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You drank the whole bottle of mint Bailey's in one sitting?

Never tried it personally but if it's a sickly sweet as the original version then you've done stomach on you.

I did, the bottle is just over 2 of those glasses and it's only 15%.

That one was a limited edition, tasted a lot like the original and then in the aftertaste there was just the hint of icecream and a whiff of the chocolate. I do have a massive sweet tooth for a lot of things.

2 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

That one was a limited edition, tasted a lot like the original and then in the aftertaste there was just the hint of icecream and a whiff of the chocolate. I do have a massive sweet tooth for a lot of things.

You’re drinking pints of Baileys? Do you have life insurance?

3 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

Ah well then (it's 17%), if it's only over two of those glasses...

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

You’re drinking pints of Baileys? Do you have life insurance?

Nope just a sweet tooth, a somewhat high tolerance, and a history of binge drinking...

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Ah well then (it's 17%), if it's only over two of those glasses...

If I'd looked at my own picture I'dve been able to see that 🤦‍♂️

Just now, AnderooMFC said:

Nope just a sweet tooth, a somewhat high tolerance, and a history of binge drinking...

Probably your recommended calorie intake in 1 bottle. Never mind the units of alcohol.

There was talk of this monstrosity in another thread recently and the fact nobody here drank it and it’s rarely seen in bottle shops. Well lo and behold it has returned. Despite the guy at the checkout asking if I was sure I really wanted it in the interests of whatever I decided to buy it to see if it’s as crap as I remember. Not to worry though I have some Prancing Pony India Red Ale to wash it down.

IMG_0566.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Eednud said:

There was talk of this monstrosity in another thread recently and the fact nobody here drank it and it’s rarely seen in bottle shops. Well lo and behold it has returned. Despite the guy at the checkout asking if I was sure I really wanted it in the interests of whatever I decided to buy it to see if it’s as crap as I remember. Not to worry though I have some Prancing Pony India Red Ale to wash it down.

Is this one a thing in Oz mate, or is it solely for the daft yanks?

Foster's launches an "ale". "It makes me want to cry, really it does." :  r/beer

It comes in enormous dog food size cans, which you can generally get for $3.50ish a go, but I've never been brave enough (pic sourced from Google). The stuff here is brewed in Fort Worth, but that's the same even for the lager (never been forgetful enough of having that one in Scotland to go again; godspeed your good self). 

Edited by carpetmonster

44 minutes ago, Eednud said:

IMG_0566.jpeg

That would have been me. Tesco et al selling Fosters Shandy. You bought this from the International Beers aisle didn't you?

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

That would have been me. Tesco et al selling Fosters Shandy. You bought this from the International Beers aisle didn't you?

BWS but it was in the cool room not in the display fridges.