Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I was a ticket off winning the £5.00 half time draw second prize too! 

Don’t give up! My old Dad started going to the football around 1960 and won his first ever half time draw just this season. A crisp £15 note*, which I think he is framing.

I even captured the very moment he was presented with his winnings. 

* Not really. It was a crumpled tenner and fiver combo. 

IMG_8905.thumb.jpeg.2b246cce67725a0e66723fd921afdef2.jpeg

Kings Lynn Town v Boston Utd today at 3.

Local derby with both teams fresh from decent wins in their last match. 

Expecting a bumper crowd, goals, a few bookings and a red card. 

Edinburgh University 1-4 University of Stirling 

Lowland League is the only place to be today for the Uni Derby between Edinburgh and Stirling. The hosts are at the arse end of the League and the visitors have not hit the heights that saw them threatening the title and a cup tie at Tanadice last season. The joys of your strikers availability being dictated by how he gets on in his BA in Biology.

Edinburgh's defence is the difference here. He makes Bryn Halliwell's footwork look like Prime Manuel Neuer. A high line and playing out from the back leads to waves of Stirling attacks and the goals eventually follow. A goal for the hosts early in the second half gives hope but this is quickly extinguished.

A special mention to the scorer of the opening goal for Stirling, Abel Manomy. A Ghanian who advocates that footballers should earn a degree, according to Wikipedia anyway, he also apparently has a masters degree so a far cry from the younger ones training to be PE teachers. A message we can fully get behind, the best of luck to Sir Dr Right Reverend Manomy MBE in his future sporting and academic endeavours.

I like Peffermill, fantastic club house and fantastic folk. Good modern, if basic, set up. Chances are Edinburgh could be in the East Premier next year but the ground is a credit to the club even if the players aren't at the moment.

20231226_162145.jpg

20231226_154504.jpg

20231226_145934.jpg

Edinburgh Uni 1-4 Stirling Uni Lowland League. Another who was at Peffermill today. Comfortable win for Stirling who probably should have won by more. Edinburgh Uni kept trying to play football but with their current squad they might better served trying to go a bit more direct even if only to get the ball away from the defence. Didn’t get any cake today as only noticed they had some after I had bought a pie. 

IMG_9424.jpeg

IMG_9425.jpeg

IMG_9426.jpeg

Kings Lynn Town 1-2 Boston Utd 

Att: 1604

Two goals in two minutes at the beginning of the second half win it for Boston. Lynn rallied late in but in the end not enough quality going forward. Former Lynn manager Culverhouse has Boston playing some nice football and they are buzzing with energy in midfield and press high up. Similar to the football Lynn played under him that I enjoyed in many occasions. 

Lynn are clearly struggling. Off the park as well as on it apparently. The loss of key players last season really having an impact. 

Edited by Trackdaybob

Gartcairn 0 Cumnock 0 HT.

My first visit to MTC Park (Metcetera Park?) in Airdrie. If the Excelsior was the highest altitude stadium in Scotland (citation needed), this place is much higher still, as I parked my car down at the Excelsior and walked uphill with my cup of coffee.

Coming to the highest stadium on a December evening on the cusp of a yellow snow warning hasn’t been my smartest ever move. It is brutally cold. 

So far, Cumnock are on top but there have been very few decent chances for either team.

If this does end up a draw, that will be my fifth consecutive drawn game in December. An improbable run.

IMG_9591.jpeg

IMG_9594.jpeg

IMG_9587.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Gartcairn 0 Cumnock 0 HT.

My first visit to MTC Park (Metcetera Park?) in Airdrie. If the Excelsior was the highest altitude stadium in Scotland (citation needed), this place is much higher still, as I parked my car down at the Excelsior and walked uphill with my cup of coffee.

Coming to the highest stadium on a December evening on the cusp of a yellow snow warning hasn’t been my smartest ever move. It is brutally cold. 

So far, Cumnock are on top but there have been very few decent chances for either team.

If this does end up a draw, that will be my fifth consecutive drawn game in December. An improbable run.

IMG_9591.jpeg

IMG_9594.jpeg

IMG_9587.jpeg

Why on earth did you park there?

19 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

If the Excelsior was the highest altitude stadium in Scotland (citation needed), this place is much higher still, as I parked my car down at the Excelsior and walked uphill with my cup of coffee.

Excelsior is at 135m, which I think makes it the highest ground in the SPFL. Gartcairn is about 160m. I think the highest ground in the pyramid is Forth at 280m, followed by Fauldhouse 245m, Shotts 232m, Linton Hotspur 230m, Carluke 220m, Muirkirk c.220m (hard to tell from the contours), Strathspey Thistle 216m, Lanark 205m and Harthill 200m. I don't know any others above 200m.

Edited by GordonS

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Excelsior is at 135m, which I think makes it the highest ground in the SPFL. Gartcairn is about 160m. I think the highest ground in the pyramid is Forth at 280m, followed by Fauldhouse 245m, Shotts 232m, Linton Hotspur 230m, Carluke 220m, Muirkirk c.220m (hard to tell from the contours), Strathspey Thistle 216m, Lanark 205m and Harthill 200m. I don't know any others above 200m.

Brilliant! I was going to suggest Penicuik for your list but it’s sub 200m.

Muirkirk ground is at exactly 220m!

IMG_9597.thumb.png.6e2e283de1b14abdf5dc81f56c5572cf.png