Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

• 1 year later...

My house mate is a Man Utd fan, 2 of his mates from Ireland are season ticket holders but can't attend this Sunday's match v Arsenal. So when he was back home last weekend he collected the season ticket. He offered me a ticket, I was planning to sit on the sofa and enjoy the game as a neutral to both clubs.

However since I am now going and in the man utd end, I had probably best not cheer if Arsenal score now :lol:

So to cut a long story short, random game I am attending is Man Utd v Arsenal on Sunday. Done over 50 football grounds in England, but due to Swindon mainly being in the lower divisions in my time following them away from home, I have not been to many prem league grounds. So looking forward to my first visit here, although not the same when not your own team playing, but I will still be able to add Old Trafford now to the list of grounds visited for football.

• 1 year later...

Northampton v Wolves tonight.

Swindon play on sunday to Preston, so going with a mate on Saturday to watch West Brom v Everton. Only problem is mate is a big Everton fan and we are going in the home end.

am catching carlisle-crewe on tues 18th sept.no reason,other than that im off on leave from that day.

curiously enough,despite being from inverness,was at carlisle-ipswich on tuesday as was down there with my mrs as she had something on down there,amn't a supporter or anything though.probably a few guys go down there from scotland id have thought,being so easy to get to from the central belt

Heading to Doncaster v Stevenage on 22/09. Got hospitality at the game.

One of my mates is originally from Doncaster and a big Donny fan. Usually head down once a year to take in a match and then hit the nightlife.

Donny is suprisingly quality night out!

Never got to the Sixfields stadium as I left the area just as it was being built. Would be interested on the lowdown on the place. The old County Ground was a poor place to watch your football

Been there a few times before when watching Swindon.

Odd ground, fine for Northampton who struggle to pull 4,000. Northampton very much a rugby town, although not posh as you would imagine for a rugby town :lol:. I always laugh at the ground as built at the bottom of a hill, so when it rains, the ground floods. Behind the goal, on the hill you can see 90% of the ground. Local kids always seem to gather there and watch the games for free, Police never move them along. Sixfields is a mini complex like most the new football grounds, so surrounded by Gyms, Cinema's, resteraunts, Ten pin bowling etc... Area decent enough there, Just puzzels me at the building of a football ground at the bottom of the hill. Loads of free parking if willing to walk for 10 mins. Only 1 pub by ground though.

Last night a really poor atmosphere, didn't think much of Wolves either. On plus side, was in mainstand so had a good view. Went there last year to watch Swindon, we sold out away end. My seat behind the goal was in line with the crossbar. Could not see a thing down the other end. Luckily both Swindon goals down our end.

Edited by DJP

Three of us went to Bobby Geddes's testimonial in February 1989, Dundee v Liverpool despite having no particular attachment to Liverpool and certainly not Dundee. It was a Sunday and we had to get a train through quite early as IIRC tickets were only on sale up until noon or something for some reason. We then had to hang around Dundee until 3pm kick off and it was absolutely baltic and windy as fook. Standing near Dens, a couple of very shifty looking Scousers approached us and asked us if we were looking for programmes, opening his coat slightly to reveal a packet of programmes still in a brown paper parcel and he clearly had something like a iron bar or such like up his sleeve. :o

We bought one each. Still got mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Planning on getting to quite a few games while staying down South over Xmas. Starting with Boxing Day - got a home end ticket for Nottingham Forest v Leeds @ 12.15 before in the away end at Stoke v Lpool at night. Might even squeeze a game in between at 3pm.

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

I'm going to the Man Utd v Real Madrid game. I've managed to get in there first and claim my sister's season ticket. I was at the 4-3 game a few years ago when the real Ronaldo scored a hat trick. Possibly the best game of football I have ever attended. Hoping for a repeat this time round. Especially the aggregate result, obviously.