Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Huntly 2-2 Wick Academy

Scottish Cup weekend and back in the Highland League. 

Original plan was to go to Banff but decided to pick one of the classic Highland Legaue grounds. Christie Park, Huntly. Also meant we were seeing Wick Academy for the second time in a month which was unexpected but how the fixtures played out. 

Midges aside, Christie Park in the Autumn sunshine is one of the best places I have ever watched football. Huntly were tailing off from their complete dominance of the Highland League when I got into football so have always been a "proper" club. So delighted to find out how brilliant the ground is. Magnificent setting with high trees (hence midges) a quite adorable stand

Huntly 2-2 Wick Academy

Scottish Cup weekend and back in the Highland League. 

Original plan was to go to Banff but decided to pick one of the classic Highland Legaue grounds. Christie Park, Huntly. Also meant we were seeing Wick Academy for the second time in a month which was unexpected but how the fixtures played out. 

Midges aside, Christie Park in the Autumn sunshine is one of the best places I have ever watched football. Huntly were tailing off from their complete dominance of the Highland League when I got into football so have always been a "proper" club. So, delighted to find out how brilliant the ground is. Magnificent setting with high trees (hence midges) a quite adorable stand with plenty infrastructure. A modern toilet block is a welcome and not always guaranteed luxury. 

The game itself was a back and forward. The hosts lead twice and Wick equalise. Both of Huntly's goals were superb. A magnificent header from a floating cross and a magnificent touch to leave the keeper on his arse and slot home just on half time. Wick's second comes against the run of play and takes us into extra time 🙄.

I hate extra time. To the surprise of absolutely no one, nothing happened in the first period. The second half sees Huntly hit the bar and post with the same shot apart from that extra time does as it usually feels it does and we go to penalties.

Wick miss their first kick and five perfect penalties from Huntly take them through. A drawn out end to a fantastic afternoon's entertainment 

20240928_160857.jpg

20240928_155015.jpg

20240928_150629.jpg

20240928_144339.jpg

20240928_161325.jpg

An attempt to recomplete the 92 begins at the amazing rebuild on White Hart Lane for Spurs v Quarabag in Europa Lge.£30 ticket.Terrible drive from the M25 and cancelled trains (after a death) sees me sat-nav to ground and lucky parking space for £30. Decent game, end to end after the early red card for the Spurs. Decent away following - probs all local's living in London.Back in Bristol at 2a.m for work at 7. Now just 10 to complete.