One F In Falkirk Website

If folk dont like the site fair enough,just dont spoil it for those that do.Personally i think the majority of one-f is ok, the rest is :unsure: Heres more of a wind up etc and a great laugh. :lol: Why cant folk use both and enjoy the banter on both sites.For some One-f is the only avenue they've got,cut them some slack.

Sav, you and I have talked in the past about the site. I went over to it this morning (as a guest ;) ) and it was as bad as ever.

The holier than thou attitude still exists. <_<

Unless you are in the magic circle your argument is shot down in flames, you get dismissd as a crank or you get a smarmy response, always followed by a :P

Unless those running the site have an attitude adjustment it will die off pretty quickly in my opinion. Its OK saying it caters for the children, but in my world children should be seen and not heard :D *

*Only joking, but no way should a football site bend over backwards to the detriment of the majority of the posters to cater for kids who are more streetwise than you and I probably.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point taken BA.

I think some people take things too far and too personally.It then ends up in a slanging match.

I think the forum should be closed to guests viewing and e-mail addresses verified prior to membership.That way not every tom dick and Harry can see the forum and it would make it harder for the wind up merchants and the numpties to get away with what they do.

Folk end up concentrating on the negative posters.I've no problems with some of the boo boys. Olaf,hes consistent (cant blame him for that, but i dont believe guys like him are the problem.) Its the ones with the multiple identities that have confabs between themselves.

The "magic circle" as you put it is just another term for the half full pint bairns.The others see it as half empty.

There are things that could be done better and sites al go through tough times.Its how its deat with that counts.Falkirk mad is an example of how a site failed to develop. I believe honestly that one -f can be a decent site.You just have to ignnore some of the crap.

If some posters would stop with the personal verbal abuse of others then it wouldnt be half as bad.

Guest The Navy Blue

Yeah but u lot r a bunch a dick jockeys, go look at the amount of registered users on the site, and that tells u that there are a hell of alot of peeps who enjoy reading the fanzine and interacting with others who enjoy it :D

Tell you what Sav, I will start going over to the dark side again, and even post my opinions.

I will bet that within three days I stop again, you want to lay odds on it.

I always feel that that my problem is I do not stay in the area, havent got a clue about all the local politics, nor do I care.

I only care about watching my team playing and I dont want or need to get involved in petty squabbles I know nothing about.

I reckon thats why I prefer here, its all general and non specific discussion.

I still want Waxy shown up for the diddy that he is in the next fanzine though, an eight year old :lol:

Sav, i actually think you are one of the decent posters on one F and i hear what you are saying about looking past certains things but as BA says, it's not even worth it.

Nobody has 'got to me' and i dont have any personal vendettas but after a conversation during the day about the site (and a few drinks) i decided to post something. (Although the original post may have came over slightly harsher than intended ;) )

However, i still think that the content of the site is totally OTT. At the end of the day, it's up to people whether they want to visit the site but i guess my original point was that the attitude of many of the sites regulars makes it hard to generate decent debates and doesnt make the site particularly appealing. ....add to that the fact that there are a fare share of bellends and some right self indulgent twats. ;)

Yeah but u lot r a bunch a dick jockeys, go look at the amount of registered users on the site, and that tells u that there are a hell of alot of peeps who enjoy reading the fanzine and interacting with others who enjoy it :D

Oooh... the banter.

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest Waxoyl Fan Club

I still want Waxy shown up for the diddy that he is in the next fanzine though, an eight year old :lol:

Dont worry BA, at least im consistent. Beaten by an 8 yrold at the P&B 5's then a 10 yr old at the FFC 7's :o:lol:

Tell you what Sav, I will start going over to the dark side again, and even post my opinions.

I always feel that that my problem is I do not stay in the area, havent got a clue about all the local politics, nor do I care.

I only care about watching my team playing and I dont want or need to get involved in petty squabbles I know nothing about.

I'm no bookie,but they'll be short odds

Just ignore the fuds. (Unless its personal abuse)Folk can have varied opinions and as long as they back them without resorting to abusing other fans fair enough.

Exactly why i havent posted as much in recent times.I believe the sites going through a transitional period and hopefully it will get better.Its up to the folk that are posting to ensure it grows or just ends up pish.I sincerly hope it continues to grow and the wind up merchants get bored.

The pie and bovril tourney helped that. Getting to meet folks like Leith jag,Radford,DavidW et al from different teams and finding that thy were actually alright guys who cared about their teams and loved a laugh certainly helps.You can put a face to the name.Thats where one-f is similar most folk actually know each other personally but the idiots prefer to change alias and pick on other folk.It then turns into a slanging match etc.

Still,Its a been a great method of getting to meet like minded bairns fans and getting information on the team.Its just a continuation of he game on a saturday really.

Nobody has 'got to me' and i dont have any personal vendettas but after a conversation during the day about the site (and a few drinks) i decided to post something. (Although the original post may have came over slightly harsher than intended ;) )

The joys of internet communication where its all too easy to missinterperate what folk are saying. ;)

Sav, i actually think you are one of the decent posters on one F and i hear what you are saying about looking past certains things but as BA says, it's not even worth it.

Cheers, ;) Its everybody's perogative to use a site only if they want to.I cant force folk.I just dont want to see folk being put off of using it because of the dafties.

However, i still think that the content of the site is totally OTT.  At the end of the day, it's up to people whether they want to visit the site but i guess my original point was that the attitude of many of the sites regulars makes it hard to generate decent debates and doesnt make the site particularly appealing.  ....add to that the fact that there are a fare share of bellends and some right self indulgent twats. ;)

Thats why the two sites run well in tangent.Pie and bovril has more banter with other fans and is superb for just having a laugh.I suppose i see onef as similar but thats because I know and have met most of the posters.

Maybe one day you'll come back. ;)

Guest Bairns-r-us

There is a section of the Falkirk support who consider themselves to be intellectually superior to the rest. Joozy just about sums up the arrogance of this particular group perfectly.

Maybe the fanzines of the 80s were better than One F, maybe they weren’t. I have most of the old fanzines and they all have different qualities, strengths and weaknesses.. Tell you what though, I don’t remember anything going back into the club from those that produces Rupert’s Roar and the Falkirk Unofficial in the way that the guys who produce One F have.

I don’t think its fair to criticise if you aren’t prepared to offer an alternative and I haven’t seen Bob of Joozy offer anything up by way of sites or an fanzine

Then again there is an old saying about empty vessels.

There is a section of the Falkirk support who consider themselves to be intellectually superior to the rest. Joozy just about sums up the arrogance of this particular group perfectly.

Maybe the fanzines of the 80s were better than One F, maybe they weren’t. I have most of the old fanzines and they all have different qualities, strengths and weaknesses.. Tell you what though, I don’t remember anything going back into the club from those that produces Rupert’s Roar and the Falkirk Unofficial in the way that the guys who produce One F have.

I don’t think its fair to criticise if you aren’t prepared to offer an alternative and I haven’t seen Bob of Joozy offer anything up by way of sites or an fanzine

Then again there is an old saying about empty vessels.

Don't talk crap

FU and Ruperts Roar sponsored a couple of players a season. There wasn't a trust, teambuilder or back the bairns back then, so any money raised would have went to The Old Board, The Deans or Fulston

FU and RR were 100 times better than One F, it was better written, far more interesting, not so arse licking toward the powers that be and a lot funnier. The free gifts were a boon The badges, The Balloon and the Car Sticker ( I still have mine)

They also had a website before most people had the Internet in 1994

Bairnmail at the time of the administration was the most important and valuable source of information.

One F is rotten, the day of fanzine in gone, The web is where its at and the One F website is stuck in the homemade mould of 2001.

Guest Bairns-r-us

You are living in the past Olaf and clearly fining for the warm summers of your youth when footballers were real men and a fanzines were Yorkies rather than flakes.

They are different types of fanzine and that is how it should be as Rupert’s Roar and the FU had their time and were good for their time, I think One F is equally good. I’ve learned more from the fanzine about what has gone on behind the scenes on the stadium than from any press or official articles in match programmes.

I don’t recall RR sponsoring players but I will bow to your knowledge on that. What I do know is that a fair few quid has been raised for the club from the guys who produce the fanzine and I for one wouldn’t criticise them for that.

As for Bairnmail, sorry that is where I have to disagree completely. A sizeable section of the Bairnmail participants were the same arrogant and intolerant know it alls that Joozy seems to come from. Their constant sneering at their club and its fans was too much for me and I terminated membership of it.

There will be times when negativity is justified but equally a time when praise is due. Nothing wrong with wind-ups but Bairnmail was poison and not for the majority of Falkirk fans although, in fairness it was never meant for the majority of Falkirk fans, only the intellectual elite.

As for the two forums, the moderators of One F have decided that it will be a forum for all age groups. If anyone doesn't like that then I suggest you avoid the forum because its the old adage about paying the piper.

For the sake of a pound the current Fanzine provides excellent toilet reading material for a couple of days after purchase -

I for one appreciate that someone actually goes to bother of putting it together and I generally enjoy reading it although I have to agree with Olaf that the Falkirk Unofficial and Rupert's Roar were better/funnier fanzines .

As for the website ..

I visited it once , for around 2 minutes and I can't be arsed returning .

Has it got any connection with that dreadful ezboard forum from a while back ?

You are living in the past Olaf and clearly fining for the warm summers of your youth when footballers were real men and a fanzines were Yorkies rather than flakes.

They are different types of fanzine and that is how it should be as Rupert’s Roar and the FU had their time and were good for their time, I think One F is equally good. I’ve learned more from the fanzine about what has gone on behind the scenes on the stadium than from any press or official articles in match programmes.

I don’t recall RR sponsoring players but I will bow to your knowledge on that. What I do know is that a fair few quid has been raised for the club from the guys who produce the fanzine and I for one wouldn’t criticise them for that.

As for Bairnmail, sorry that is where I have to disagree completely. A sizeable section of the Bairnmail participants were the same arrogant and intolerant know it alls that Joozy seems to come from. Their constant sneering at their club and its fans was too much for me and I terminated membership of it.

There will be times when negativity is justified but equally a time when praise is due. Nothing wrong with wind-ups but Bairnmail was poison and not for the majority of Falkirk fans although, in fairness it was never meant for the majority of Falkirk fans, only the intellectual elite.

As for the two forums, the moderators of One F have decided that it will be a forum for all age groups. If anyone doesn't like that then I suggest you avoid the forum because its the old adage about paying the piper.

So on the one hand you are criticising the RR and Bairnmail Falkirk fans for thinking they are better than your average punter.

Yet you contradict yourself by making out that One F does such good for the club that the others didn't.

One F relies on toilet humour and trying to pass it off as funny, as someone mentioned earlier find any old unfunny joke and turn it to Fifers and it's in the fanzine.

Bairnmail has been a vital information link for many over the years and has a cross section of fans on it whose overriding concern is the good of the club.

Don't preach about a holier than thou attitude from RR/BM and the like when One F is equally if not more guilty of the very same thing.

Guest Waxoyl Fan Club
I just clicked an old link - it is that old ezboard forum from way back :lol:

looks like I've visited it twice now :P

edited to include :moderated by Middleton Mouse - nuff sed :blink:

Ned click on the llink in my sig. The ezboard was replaced back in January

Archived