One F In Falkirk Website

I'd like to point out that I have never moaned about the fanzine before and probably never will. This doesn't mean that i view it as essential reading however. If it continues the way it's headed it will be nothing more than a newsletter with a once-a-year poll. I just wouldn't buy it.

I probably wouldn't submit anything to it though as I'm a lazy fecker. Nor would I go to the bother and hassle of trying to start one myself. That said, I still think there is a place for a paper-based fanzine in football. Another fanzine with a different slant on events would seem to be able to flourish if the stupid arguing on One F is anything to go on (one for the half full folk and one for the half empty).

My only pre-requesit for a fanzine would be more cartoons!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to point out that I have never moaned about the fanzine before and probably never will. This doesn't mean that i view it as essential reading however. If it continues the way it's headed it will be nothing more than a newsletter with a once-a-year poll. I just wouldn't buy it.

I probably wouldn't submit anything to it though as I'm a lazy fecker. Nor would I go to the bother and hassle of trying to start one myself. That said, I still think there is a place for a paper-based fanzine in football. Another fanzine with a different slant on events would seem to be able to flourish if the stupid arguing on One F is anything to go on (one for the half full folk and one for the half empty).

(one for the half full folk and one for the half empty).

Copyright SavageCabbage. ;)

We could Have a dear Olaf section where all folks problems could be dealt with in a professional manner,friendly matter. ;)

More cartoons would be the thing but there are more piss artists than artists. :lol:

Guest Bairns-r-us
That said, I still think there is a place for a paper-based fanzine in football. Another fanzine with a different slant on events would seem to be able to flourish if the stupid arguing on One F is anything to go on (one for the half full folk and one for the half empty).

Fair points but what do you mean one with a different slant? Are they too pro-club, too anti club? Seems to me that tyhere is a lot of infromation contained in the fanzine that should be in the public domain and is because of them. Equally there was criticism of the club on pricing and other aspects of the running of the club but I thought put over in a constructive manner. Some of it I agreed with some of it I didn't.

We have to remember that there are still a lot of people out there who dont have internet access so the fanzine is the only unofficial outlet they have.

The fanzine and the one-f site are different,As someone said, the internet is where you get information now.THe fanzine is retrospective in a way.

I think the folk running both the fanzine and the site do an excellent job.Without them some people wouldnt have a platform for their opinions.Good or bad,Moan or clap they all have a place.(some just take it too far)

Fair points but what do you mean one with a different slant? Are they too pro-club, too anti club? Seems to me that tyhere is a lot of infromation contained in the fanzine that should be in the public domain and is because of them. Equally there was criticism of the club on pricing and other aspects of the running of the club but I thought put over in a constructive manner. Some of it I agreed with some of it I didn't.

I'm happy with the fanzine, perhaps it could be a bit funnier. I realise there is a lot of important issues surrounding the club that need to be addressed and the fanzine has done a good job bringing these issues to the fans attention. The fanzine is directly linked to our fortunes on and off the pitch. I know I stated that I wouldn't buy it but things are looking bright and the fanzine will move away from the heavier issues once more stands go up and we win the league :D

It just seems from some of the comments here and the bickering that goes on at One F there would be a market for a second fanzine. If anyone is not happy with either fanzine or website they have 3 options - try to change it by getting involved, don't buy/read it or start one for themselves.

Having a boo boy corner of the fanzine is actually a very good idea (imagine it'd be very funny) if folk want to contribute anything that's fine.

A bit dissapointed this wasn't posted on the forum as unlike what folk say it would not have been deleted on sight as constructive critisism is always welcomed. It's also a bit off that this was posted here on a forum which no one from the fanzine hardly visits <_<

As for the website well I'm afriad that I was the only one avialable to do it at the time and I simply do not have the know how to make it as good as P&B for example though I think next year at uni we're learning a bit more about web programming which will help me I hope.

At the end of the day if you don't like the fanzine don't buy it and if you don't like the website don't visit it. There has been a good number of fanzines sold every time a new edition comes out and because of this the club have got...

new gym equipment

new tools for the groundsman

the youth team were sponsored to play in the gothia cup

we've donated money to the trust to buy shares in the club

we've sponsored players jerseys (the jerseys are donated back to provide prizes at future fund raisers)

we enjoy doing it, a fair few folk enjoy reading it and the club get money out of it, not really such a bad thing after all then... :ph34r:

This started of as a thread about some of us moaning about moaners on another site. Now the people who the moaners on here are moaning about are moaning about us moaning about them moaning. Meanwhile the moaners on the other site are blissfully unaware of all the moaning the moaners are doing behind their backs.

I think :blink:

Seriously though, I have noticed for a while there seems to be two factions in the Falkirk support I was unaware of until recently, any idea why?

This started of as a thread about some of us moaning about moaners on another site. Now the people who the moaners on here are moaning about are moaning about us moaning about them moaning. Meanwhile the moaners on the other site are blissfully unaware of all the moaning the moaners are doing behind their backs.

I think :blink:

Run that past me again :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, I have noticed for a while there seems to be two factions in the Falkirk support I was unaware of until recently, any idea why?

I suppose a lot of teams will have the same no matter how wel or bady they are doing.

I suppose a lot of teams will have the same no matter how wel or bady they are doing.

Airdrie and St Mirren certainly do. I haven't visited the Raith forum for a while as I feel as it would be like intruding on a funeral ;) The Partick fans seem to be hanging together on ptfc.net although a crack has appeared over the Bell's cup game against Albion Rovers. I reckon they'll be at each others throats by 4.45 on Saturday :ph34r:

Bairmail was different, Bairmail was a forum, of sorts. The criticism I have made of that is that it was intolerant and sneering in a way that I found distasteful so I left it, maybe something you should consider yourself for the One F site.

Just LOVE the internecine squabbling!

The Bairnmail brains only sneered at the trolls, and they deserved it, anyway.... B)

If you want to see fans inter-fighting, check out MortonUnofficial. Long-time posters are now leaving because it's become so severe.

Mind you, trendsetters like AyrshireTon decided to bail out long ago (although he's made a comeback recently ;))

Honestly, if unbridled negativity and in-fighting is your thing, bookmark that site.

If you want to see fans inter-fighting, check out MortonUnofficial. Long-time posters are now leaving because it's become so severe.

Mind you, trendsetters like AyrshireTon decided to bail out long ago (although he's made a comeback recently ;))

Honestly, if unbridled negativity and in-fighting is your thing, bookmark that site.

:(:bairn he is right, I mod it and I have no idea how to fix that issue.

Good call.

If i ever see the arsehole that posts those messages i'll punch him.

:P:lol:

It's quite simply to direct more people to the site, thus increasing the hits, thus making it more attractive to advertisers. Should've put a link probably, but I see the list administrator has dropped a subtle :lol: hint that he's also in the cream puff about it.

That'll be the last then, you'll all just need to keep visiting to see if there's any new news, so get it right up the lot of you. :D

Archived