Bobby Robson

Steve McQueen

Relieved of his duties, apparently. Bit early for that is it not? And where will that leave the Rooney bidding war.

Incidentally, off topic but : BA & Kev, get it right up you! Sam Allardyce is the man! :D

gotta feel that he was gettin too old, think he was beginning to dement a little (mistaking ledley king and john terry at euro 2004 etc). has done ok but with the money behind him he should have done better.

any early ideas of who is to replace him?

Sam Allardyce is on a ten year contract at Bolton, so I doubt he's going anywhere.

But finally the old timer has got his comeuppance for years of chronic mis-spending. Read Football Against The Enemy for what people within the game really think of Bobby Robson.

I,ve never felt as sorry as i did for anyone losing his job as i did for Sir Bobby on Sky News, i agree he should have done better with the money he spent, but i think interference from upstairs hasnt helped him much.

Player power again getting somebody sacked maybe ??

That smug t**t Dyer and his pal Shearer probably have something to do with it, as soon as Ruud Gullit dropped the prima donna Shearer he was gone too, this player power has to stop.

I,ve never felt as sorry as i did for anyone losing his job as i did for Sir Bobby on Sky News, i agree he should have done better with the money he spent, but i think interference from upstairs hasnt helped him much.

Player power again getting somebody sacked maybe ??

That smug t**t Dyer and his pal Shearer probably have something to do with it, as soon as Ruud Gullit dropped the prima donna Shearer he was gone too, this player power has to stop.

Ruud Gullitt resigned on his own behest. There has been no decision on who's taking over. Speculation suggests Terry Vennables with Shearer as an assistant.

Archived