Snooker

RedWeb

BBC switching off to show gymnastics mid-147 attempt, FFS!
That was unbelievable.

And now on bbc one 'live snooker' but it's highlights from this morning???

Who the f**k is making these decisions at the bbc? Are they trying to f**k it up? It's like they've got no clue what fans actually want.

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That was unbelievable.

And now on bbc one 'live snooker' but it's highlights from this morning???

Who the f**k is making these decisions at the bbc? Are they trying to f**k it up? It's like they've got no clue what fans actually want.

Been like that for years. They really have no idea. 

Hendry and McManus in the booth together is the jackpot. But aye BBC's coverage is a pain in the arse, I excluvely use the player to pick my table rather than watch the live coverage because it's so bad at just staying put.

I've been watching on iplayer too just so I can avoid these daft decisions. That last frame was really important for Higgins. If he can win the pre-interval 3-1, then he has a chance. If not, sadly I think he'll be heading home. I'm looking forward to this evening's viewing.

Just now, Steve_Wilkos said:

The commentary dream team is John Virgo and Dennis Taylor.

I do enjoy wondering where the cue ball is off to and if it's possible to meet a nicer lad than whoever is at the table right enough.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I do enjoy wondering where the cue ball is off to and if it's possible to meet a nicer lad than whoever is at the table right enough.

It's shite, but they're the classic voices.

Clive Everton & anyone was my favourite tbh.

I've said it many times. 

You used to be able to go red button, then select the table you wanted to view. 

I don't want to watch it on i player. I don't want to watch it on the app. Just fucking give me choice of table on the red button. 

And another thing BBC. Maybe don't show the same match as eurosport. 

Or Eurosport, don't show the same match as the BBC. 

There! Rant over. 

Until next year :)

Even though I was wanting McGill to win last night, I’m sort of gutted we won’t get to see O’ Sullivan playing later in to the tournament, when he’s on form there is nothing better than sitting down in front of the TV watching him effortlessly pot balls that you wouldn’t be able to do down the snooker club even if you had 100 shots at it. An O’Sullivan v Higgins match later in the tournament would have had me clearing my diary to watch every session. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

16 minutes ago, microdave said:

Higgins is playing shite here.

Williams is playing brilliantly, it's great to watch such attacking snooker. He's need a bit of help from Higgins on the odd occasion but it's been a fantastic performance. Some of the pots he's made have been insane. Well deserved victory.

The best commentary team is Hendry and Davis as they are incredibly honest over shots played and really know their stuff. f**k knows why the BBC continue to use Taylor and Virgo when they were shown to be utter pish about 15 years ago.

Edited by meanmistermustard

Higgins was poor there and Williams varied from good to unplayable through the match. Very deserved winner and will be a handful for anyone if he carries that on.