Snooker

RedWeb

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Watching Robertson v Maguire in the tour championship and now we're talking. Great standard so far.

4 each and 4 centuries in the match. Really top stuff.

Interesting stat at the start of the 12th frame. Robertson has currently only missed 4 shots in the match and is 6-5 down. Tough game.

11 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Interesting stat at the start of the 12th frame. Robertson has currently only missed 4 shots in the match and is 6-5 down. Tough game.

.. and another century. 6 centuries in total now in 11 frames.  4 for Maguire and 2 for Robertson. Saying that there are big pockets would be generous though. Some shots bouncing off the cushion 2 feet from the pocket and going in.

44 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

The sound is not in sync with the broadcast. 

Annoying. 

What were you watching on? I just had ITV4 on the telly and it was fine.

Weird. Anyway that's the best I've seen from Maguire the last few years, up there with his 6-0 demolition of Mark Allen at the UK in December. 

6 tons in a best of 17 is top tier snooker. 

Maguire struggles past an angry Trump :lol:

Into the final and can still lift the Coral Cup for an extra £100k on top of his tournament winnings if he wins the Tour Championship itself. He shouldn't even have been there and only played because Ding withdrew.

Plays the winner of Selby and Allen which is tomorrow. Hopefully it's Allen, the two of them are mates and both play baws oot attacking snooker.

So Maguire is guaranteed £60k (also counts towards ranking points) but can get up to £150k plus another £100k for the coral cup if he wins. One best of 19 match worth £250k. Nice work if you can get it.

Maguire shows up in the 2nd session of the final to win the £150k tourny prize, takes the £100k coral cup bonus and £5k of the high break prize out of Judd Trump's pocket 😂

Trump had a go at him as well before Maguire knocked him out. So, so savoury.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it horrendous to see numerous individuals overrating Judd Trump and claiming he is a better player than Steve Davis was. At their best Davis would destroy that poor excuse for a champion who lacks a snooker brain in a modern game completely bereft of personality and entertainment. 

1 hour ago, Silvino Francisco said:

I find it horrendous to see numerous individuals overrating Judd Trump and claiming he is a better player than Steve Davis was. At their best Davis would destroy that poor excuse for a champion who lacks a snooker brain in a modern game completely bereft of personality and entertainment. 

You don't have to be a Trump fan to acknowledged the ridiculous standard he's been at for the last couple of years. He's not just a potting machine either he's a complete player.

Still a knob but I think in a few years' time he'll certainly be in that conversation. Also the no snooker brain comment is just wild.

On 05/07/2020 at 10:50, GiGi said:

You don't have to be a Trump fan to acknowledged the ridiculous standard he's been at for the last couple of years. He's not just a potting machine either he's a complete player.

Still a knob but I think in a few years' time he'll certainly be in that conversation. Also the no snooker brain comment is just wild.

Davis vs Trump both at their best in a best of 19 match what's the score? 

27 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Davis vs Trump both at their best in a best of 19 match what's the score? 

I think Trump at his best would skelp him with a few frames to spare. I look at what he did to Higgins in the world championship final last year, Higgins was actually playing really well and was lucky to get 9 frames in a best of 35.

When Davis ruled everything between now and then hadn't happened yet. The game was completely different. If Davis had played in this era he would have been a far better scorer (even though he was a very good one) and the best before the arrival of Hendry as the modern game caters much more to this. Added to his far superior tactical game and the bald denier who lacks the class, intelligence or attitude of the nugget would be in serious bother.