Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

So the above is absolutely deranged, and it shouldn't require clarification why using the fucking Nazis as an analogue for the - repellent - government of Israel is unacceptable. But that being said it's interesting to see things I considered to be indicative of anti-Semitism, such as conflating Israel and the Jewish people or talking about good Jews and bad Jews (as below), have become absolutely fair game and it's actually now unacceptable according to many sensible moderate people in the US and Europe to disagree with this

Edited by GHF-23

5 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Israelis have been terrorising, ghettoing , starving and killing Palestinians for years. Yes, what Hamas done was utterly despicable,  but let's not blind ourselves to the fact that Israel have built a more terrible hatred of the younger generation of Palestinians by their actions while the world has looked the other way. Remember that the British caused the middle east mess in the first place.

Hard to disagree with that.  Arabs are routinely referred to as rodents in the Knesset, parliament of Israel .

Can't agree that Israelis are the modern day Nazis, odious though the behaviour of the state of Israel has been for decades.

7 hours ago, GHF-23 said:

So the above is absolutely deranged, and it shouldn't require clarification why using the fucking Nazis as an analogue for the - repellent - government of Israel is unacceptable. But that being said it's interesting to see things I considered to be indicative of anti-Semitism, such as conflating Israel and the Jewish people or talking about good Jews and bad Jews (as below), have become absolutely fair game and it's actually now unacceptable according to many sensible moderate people in the US and Europe to disagree with this

I read the tweets of a few anti-zionist Jews, mostly Americans. This claim over them by Israel really annoys them.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That analogy is as lazy as Blinken's Nazi massacres analogy about the initial Hamas attack.

I agree that it’s a lazy analogy.

I’m sure an analogy could be drawn with other advocates/practitioners of genocide.

Not sure any of them would be getting unconditional support from the US and UK governments AND their main opposition parties all the same.

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I agree that it’s a lazy analogy.

I’m sure an analogy could be drawn with other advocates/practitioners of genocide.

Not sure any of them would be getting unconditional support from the US and UK governments AND their main opposition parties all the same.

Be interesting to hear what Suella has to say about that little difficulty that Rwanda had 30 years ago.

9 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I thought it was the Sykes Picot Agreement whereby Britain and France carved up the old Ottoman Empire that caused all the problems.

It was, as a by product the betrayal of King Faisal also led to Ibn al Saud rising to prominence in the Region with the consequent Fundamentalist issues ever since.

On 02/11/2023 at 16:47, coprolite said:

Don’t you lot have some sort of free speech Tsar that will sort this all out? You know because free and open debate is a cornerstone of democracy or something. Maybe that’s only a trans thing 

No, free speech only works in Universities if you use it to be anti semitic. The Jews are not welcome in higher education ( or anywhere else, according to North London Liberal acolytes)in this little cesspool of a country.

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

No, free speech only works in Universities if you use it to be anti semitic. The Jews are not welcome in higher education ( or anywhere else, according to North London Liberal acolytes)in this little cesspool of a country.

:lol: