Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

The Yanks used to blame anti aircraft shells for falling back to ground and bunker busting through three levels of underground public shelters in Baghdad. By the time they had admitted it they'd done something worse so nobody was interested.

Tha Gazan health ministry supplied a list of the dead to al Jazeera - http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/07/gaza-under-seige-naming-dead-2014710105846549528.html

Over 80% are male and most of those 20-30 years old. That's not indiscriminate killing, that's targeted.

I processed the list to get the ages and got the following totals

126(20%) Under 20

229(36%) 20 to 30

147(23%) Over 30

126(20%) Age Not available

I've not broken it down by gender because I'd have to be able to quickly recognise Arabic names. And I've not got the demographic data for Northern Gaza to compare it with

But nonetheless it looks as if you may have read a misrepresentation of the data.

If the point you're making is that the killing isn't entirely indiscriminate then Al Jazera does indeed back your point but it's a pretty weak point.

Certainly a comparison with the list of Israeli dead shows that Hamas have managed to be a lot more Selectivein terms of hitting the Male 20-30 demographic

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Very impressed with brand in that wee clip. Anyone who thinks this whole thing is not the fault of Israel should be made to watch that. I'd love to see anyone try to defend that stance

It doesn't say anything about Israel, just how bad an advocate they have in Fox News.

We've got one!

Kindly answer the following.

Also yes, as you say, Hamas are scum. However, as you're well aware, criticising Israel does not equate to supporting Hamas, so that's a completely irrelevant response to criticism of Israel.

Never said I wasnt criticising Israel , think you'll find I hve, FFS.

By firing rockets you dont have a clue where they;re landing, FFS,

That isn't targeting something, that's just firing at random. You are aware that the US funded iron done system, wipes out the majority of rockets launched from Gaza?

No, I see IDF horrible attacks, and I see Israeli kids as undeserving of being targeted randomly. What bit dont you get?

Don't worry Keith, I get it. You have some very warped views in relation to this conflict.

The actions of Israel over the past few weeks are indefensible - and that is me commenting only on Israel's actions, and not in any way making Hamas out to be good guys.

The middle-east has a number of incredibly complicated problems (including the fate of minority Christian populations), often overlapping, none easily solved. The blame for these various problems lies with numerous sources, of almost all political and religious sides, and certainly including Britain and the US.

For what its worth I'll leave you with the views of Mehdi Hassan, someone who can explain how Israel is getting away with this far better than I can:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mehdi-hasan/gaza-israel_b_5624401.html

Edited by pandarilla

That isn't targeting something, that's just firing at random. You are aware that the US funded iron done system, wipes out the majority of rockets launched from Gaza?

I.m sure if I fire 2000 rockets at someone the chances are I,m gonna kill someone innocent, WTF dont you get about that?

Don't worry Keith, I get it. You have some very warped views in relation to this conflict.

The actions of Israel over the past few weeks are indefensible - and that is me commenting only on Israel's actions, and not in any way making Hamas out to be good guys.

The middle-east has a number of incredibly complicated problems (including the fate of minority Christian populations), often overlapping, none easily solved. The blame for these various problems lies with numerous sources, of almost all political and religious sides, and certainly including Britain and the US.

For what its worth I'll leave you with the views of Mehdi Hassan, someone who can explain how Israel is getting away with this far better than I can:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mehdi-hasan/gaza-israel_b_5624401.html

Mehdi Hasan who thinks you are an animal, Good one, And the rest of us,