Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

A question for the terrorism supporters - what do you think the Israeli/Palestinian problem will look like in 50 year's time? Not what you would like to happen, what do you realistically expect?

I'm not sure there is anybody to answer that question here. Perhaps you can give your opinion.

A question for the terrorism supporters - what do you think the Israeli/Palestinian problem will look like in 50 year's time? Not what you would like to happen, what do you realistically expect?

That's impossible to know, because new problems might crop up, which we cannot conceive of right now. However, I'm fairly sure Israel won't exist (if at all) in it's current form. Certainly not as a "Jewish state".

So a poll shows that people want to see these kind of things happen. That means they're not already happening now does it not?

Apartheid - according to your own definition - is "[/size]committed for the purpose of establishing and maintaining domination by one racial group of persons over any other racial group of persons and systematically oppressing them"

How does that apply? Which racial group is being 'systematically opressed'?

Fox news would be embarrassed to come out half the guff you spout.

Some more anti semetics to dismiss.anyone heard of these guys?........

Sigmund Freud:

I concede with sorrow that the baseless fanaticism of our people is in part to be blamed for the awakening of Arab distrust. I can raise no sympathy at all for the misdirected piety which transforms a piece of a Herodian wall into a national relic, thereby offending the feelings of the natives..............

Albert Einstein:

The (Israeli) state idea is not according to my heart. I cannot understand why it is needed. It is connected with many difficulties and a narrow-mindedness. I believe it is bad.

Erich Fromm, social psychologist:

The claim of the Jews to the Land of Israel cannot be a realistic political claim. If all nations would suddenly claim territories in which their forefathers lived two thousand years ago, this world would be a madhouse.

Primo Levi, writer and Auschwitz survivor:

"Everyone has their Jews. For the Israelis they are the Palestinians."

Marek Edelman, last surviving leader of the 1943 Warsaw uprising:

Edelman wrote a letter in support of the Palestine resistance, comparing them to ZOB, the Jewish fighters in Warsaw. He opened with, "Commanders of the Palestine military, paramilitary and partisan operations - to all the soldiers of the Palestine fighting organisations.

Isaac Asimov, novelist:

I find myself in the odd position of not being a Zionist ... I think it is wrong for anyone to feel that there is anything special about any one heritage of whatever kind. It is delightful to have the human heritage exist in a thousand varieties, for it makes for greater interest, but as soon as one variety is thought to be more important than another, the groundwork is laid for destroying them all.

Hannah Arendt, political scientist:

The trouble is that Zionism has often thought and said that the evil of antisemitism was necessary for the good of the Jewish people. In the words of a well-known Zionist in a letter to me discussing the original Zionist argumentation: 'The antisemites want to get rid of the Jews, the Jewish State wants to receive them, a perfect match.'

Edited by THE KING

Fox news would be embarrassed to come out half the guff you spout.

What, you mean facts? I'm sure they would be embarrassed by that.

Still waiting to hear how Israel is apartheid according to the definition you provided. "committed for the purpose of establishing and maintaining domination by one racial group of persons over any other racial group of persons and systematically oppressing them"

I really don't see how it's so difficult considering how often you have claimed it. Surely it should be very easy to prove?

Although, remember you did claim earlier that being Jewish is basically no different from supporting East Stirling. If Jews are responsible for apartheid in Israel does that mean East Stirling fans could also be responsible for apartheid?

Another UN committee. .......

Between mid-February and early March 2012, the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination held its 80th session, in which it evaluated the compliance of several states with the 1966 International Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD). Among these states was Israel, which became a party to the Convention in 1979. The Committee’s concluding observations and recommendations are notable because they establish that Israel’s policies in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT) are tantamount to Apartheid, and additionally determine that many state policies within Israel also violate the prohibition on Apartheid as enshrined in Article 3 of the Convention.

That's impossible to know, because new problems might crop up, which we cannot conceive of right now. However, I'm fairly sure Israel won't exist (if at all) in it's current form. Certainly not as a "Jewish state".

Is that a reference to the changing demographics within Israel leading to a possible Jewish minority in the country?

Isaac Asimov, novelist:
I find myself in the odd position of not being a Zionist ... I think it is wrong for anyone to feel that there is anything special about any one heritage of whatever kind. It is delightful to have the human heritage exist in a thousand varieties, for it makes for greater interest, but as soon as one variety is thought to be more important than another, the groundwork is laid for destroying them all.

Isaac Asimov was president of the American Humanist Association until his death. He didn't believe in organised religion and was a committed atheist, and didn't believe in nation states of any type as he wanted us all to be one people. I'm not entirely sure why his views are relevant here.

EDIT: In fact, just the most superficial bit of research on him reveals that:

"Though Jewish by birth, Asimov appeared to hold an equivocal attitude towards Israel. In his first autobiography, he indicates his support for the safety of Israel, though remaining careful to insist he is by no means a Zionist."[81] However, in his third autobiography, he clarifies his position by stating his opposition to the creation of a Jewish state, on the grounds that he is opposed to the concept of nation states in general, and supports the notion of a single humanity. He especially worries about the safety of Israel given that it has been created among hostile neighbours, and that Jews have merely created for themselves another "Jewish ghetto""

(Wikipedia)

It's almost like you're just copy-pasting shit completely unread from other "balanced" websites and assuming it supports your point of view

Edited by madwullie

I never mention East Fife?..making shit up again?.... Anyway heres dozens of Israeli laws commited to keep one racial group dominate. http://adalah.org/eng/Articles/1771/Discriminatory-Laws

Sorry, it was East Stirlingshire. That makes it ok.

better check with the Zionist apologists if Shire is the promised team first?

Again - why can't you just explain simply to us how there is apartheid in Israel. All you seem able to do is link to other people saying it. If you are so confident that there is apartheid in Israel surely you must understand it and be able to explain?

Isaac Asimov was president of the American Humanist Association until his death. He didn't believe in organised religion and was a committed atheist, and didn't believe in nation states of any type as he wanted us all to be one people. I'm not entirely sure why his views are relevant here.

EDIT: In fact, just the most superficial bit of research on him reveals that:

"Though Jewish by birth, Asimov appeared to hold an equivocal attitude towards Israel. In his first autobiography, he indicates his support for the safety of Israel, though remaining careful to insist he is by no means a Zionist."[81] However, in his third autobiography, he clarifies his position by stating his opposition to the creation of a Jewish state, on the grounds that he is opposed to the concept of nation states in general, and supports the notion of a single humanity. He especially worries about the safety of Israel given that it has been created among hostile neighbours, and that Jews have merely created for themselves another "Jewish ghetto""

(Wikipedia)

It's almost like you're just copy-pasting shit completely unread from other "balanced" websites and assuming it supports your point of view

I always like how they quote Albert Einstein. He had different political views to many of Israel's founders but ultimately he was a zionist.

In 1947 Zionist leaders asked Albert Einstein to work a miracle and persuade a sceptical India to support the birth of a Jewish state. His fascinating correspondence with Jawaharlal Nehru has recently surfaced in Israeli archives. Benny Morris analyses their exchange

Albert Einstein was a somewhat reluctant Zionist. To be sure, he often referred to himself as a proud Jewish nationalist, and declared that though the Zionist enterprise was threatened by "fanatical Arab outlaws" (as he phrased it in 1938) the country would become "a centre of culture for all Jews, a refuge for the most grievously oppressed, a field of action for the best among us, a unifying ideal, and a means of attaining inward health for the Jews of the whole world". In a letter to the Manchester Guardian in 1929, he lauded the "young pioneers, men and women of magnificent intellectual and moral calibre, breaking stones and building roads under the blazing rays of the Palestinian sun" and "the flourishing agricultural settlements shooting up from the long-deserted soil... the development of water power... [and] industry... and, above all, the growth of an educational system ... What observer... can fail to be seized by the magic of such amazing achievement and of such almost superhuman devotion?"

Einstein's four-page letter of June 13 1947 to Nehru focused on moral and historical arguments. He opened with praise for India's constituent assembly, which had just abolished untouchability. "The attention of the world was [now] fixed on the problem of another group of human beings who, like the untouchables, have been the victims of persecution and discrimination for centuries" - the Jews. He appealed to Nehru as a "consistent champion of the forces of political and economic enlightenment" to rule in favour of "the rights of an ancient people whose roots are in the East". He pleaded for "justice and equity". "Long before the emergence of Hitler I made the cause of Zionism mine because through it I saw a means of correcting a flagrant wrong."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/feb/16/israel.india

Edited by adam4267

Sorry, it was East Stirlingshire. That makes it ok.

Again - why can't you just explain simply to us how there is apartheid in Israel. All you seem able to do is link to other people saying it. If you are so confident that there is apartheid in Israel surely you must understand it and be able to explain?

I do, youre the one that says you know fuk all about apartheid?

Segregated schools for Jews and Arabs with less funding and facilities for Arabs ..of course..

http://www.equaleducation.org.za/article/2014-03-10-no-to-apartheid-education-in-israel-separate-educational-facilities-are-inherently-unequal

No to Apartheid Education in Israel -- "Separate educational facilities are inherently unequal

Sigmund Freud:

I concede with sorrow that the baseless fanaticism of our people is in part to be blamed for the awakening of Arab distrust. I can raise no sympathy at all for the misdirected piety which transforms a piece of a Herodian wall into a national relic, thereby offending the feelings of the natives..............

Albert Einstein:

The (Israeli) state idea is not according to my heart. I cannot understand why it is needed. It is connected with many difficulties and a narrow-mindedness. I believe it is bad.

Erich Fromm, social psychologist:

The claim of the Jews to the Land of Israel cannot be a realistic political claim. If all nations would suddenly claim territories in which their forefathers lived two thousand years ago, this world would be a madhouse.

Primo Levi, writer and Auschwitz survivor:

"Everyone has their Jews. For the Israelis they are the Palestinians."

Marek Edelman, last surviving leader of the 1943 Warsaw uprising:

Edelman wrote a letter in support of the Palestine resistance, comparing them to ZOB, the Jewish fighters in Warsaw. He opened with, "Commanders of the Palestine military, paramilitary and partisan operations - to all the soldiers of the Palestine fighting organisations.

Isaac Asimov, novelist:

Hannah Arendt, political scientist:

The trouble is that Zionism has often thought and said that the evil of antisemitism was necessary for the good of the Jewish people. In the words of a well-known Zionist in a letter to me discussing the original Zionist argumentation: 'The antisemites want to get rid of the Jews, the Jewish State wants to receive them, a perfect match.'

All of which you have cut and pasted directly from the Stop The War website:

http://stopwar.org.uk/news/from-albert-einstein-to-noam-chomsky-famous-jews-who-have-opposed-israel#.U_2q5mOged0

This is the problem I have with most of your posts - they seem little more than frenzied regurgitation of whatever you last read that reinforces your existing beliefs that Israel = baddies, Palestinians = goodies.

All of which you have cut and pasted directly from the Stop The War website:

http://stopwar.org.uk/news/from-albert-einstein-to-noam-chomsky-famous-jews-who-have-opposed-israel#.U_2q5mOged0

This is the problem I have with most of your posts - they seem little more than frenzied regurgitation of whatever you last read that reinforces your existing beliefs that Israel = baddies, Palestinians = goodies.

That's unfair, The King has already revealed that he has a completely balanced view of this conflict - it's just coincidence that every single post he makes is critical of one particular side

Segregated schools for Jews and Arabs with less funding and facilities for Arabs ..of course.. http://www.equaleducation.org.za/article/2014-03-10-no-to-apartheid-education-in-israel-separate-educational-facilities-are-inherently-unequal No to Apartheid Education in Israel -- "Separate educational facilities are inherently unequal

You're right the school system in Israel is seperate and unequal. There are Arab schools which teach Arab children their language, history and culture and there are Secular schools which teach Jewish children their language, history and culture. (There are also schools for ultra-orthodox and people with special education needs)

Is that it? Is that your evidence of apartheid?

Considering the government;

have made "closing the educational gaps between Arabs and Jews the top priority for the ministry." http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/a-new-look-at-arab-education-in-israel.premium-1.526713

are increasing the number of teachers in Arab schools while the number of teachers in secular schools is falling http://www.haaretz.com/business/number-of-computer-teachers-at-secular-schools-fell-42-in-decade-1.453704

have made Arabic studies compulsory in all schools http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11075326

and allow Arabs to volunteer to do national service in their own communities and receive the same benefits as discharged soldiers http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3974580,00.html

And don't forget that education in universities is integrated. Yet not everyone agrees with that. Why don't you watch a video of an Arab-Israeli who says she wants more segregated schooling. She wants the Arab communities to choose their own curriculum's rather than have national curriculum's and she wants segregated universities. (She also says Israel is an apartheid country - yet can't think of any examples)

http://youtu.be/rEp-kWWXat4?t=1m12s

Also remember that Israel is the second most educated country in the world - more educated than the UK http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israel-ranked-second-most-educated-country-in-the-world-study-shows-1.410415

I'm utterly shocked that a balanced, honest and articulate poster like The King has behaved in such in a fashion.

His C+P skills really are first class though.

Edited by AberdeenBud

The Al-Qaeda linked Al-Nusra front is reportedly in control of the Syrian side of the Israel-Syria border. http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Lebanon-News/2014/Aug-27/268671-syrian-rebels-seize-control-of-qunaitra-crossing-into-golan-heights-activists.ashx#axzz3BarggC5n

While ISIS could be in control soon. http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.612621

Two months ago an Israeli teenager in the Golan Heights was killed by cross border fire. Israel returned fire.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/10918265/Israeli-boy-of-13-killed-in-Golan-Heights-blast-from-across-Syria-border.html

That's unfair, The King has already revealed that he has a completely balanced view of this conflict - it's just coincidence that every single post he makes is critical of one particular side

which is why I have constantly referred to Hamas as terrorist scum.