Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

With a bit of justice in the world the surviving Jews of WW2 would have been given Bavaria, and the residents ethnically cleansed to tower blocks on the outskirts of Glasgow.

In which case Scotland might have got some decent brewers and a successful car industry instead of ice cream parlours and chippies.

Fair point! Their genius for business appears to have no boundaries.

However,

"Everything begins in mysticism and ends in politics."

There is a fine line between genius and madness because they share the same genes, scientists have found.

With a bit of justice in the world the surviving Jews of WW2 would have been given Bavaria, and the residents ethnically cleansed to tower blocks on the outskirts of Glasgow.

In which case Scotland might have got some decent brewers and a successful car industry instead of ice cream parlours and chippies.

Glasgow has der West brewery now. Pleasing.

Looks like Palestine's application for upgraded membership status to the UN is going to be approved despite the UK governments likely abstention in the vote. One of the things that William Hague appears to be against is the Palestinans application for membership of the International Criminal Court.

Seems strange that the UK government is opposed to Palestine seeking membership of a body they themselves recognise and are signatories to. I'm sure the unwillingness of the US to recognise the ICC has nothing to do with the UK's stance. :rolleyes:

Looks like Palestine's application for upgraded membership status to the UN is going to be approved despite the UK governments likely abstention in the vote. One of the things that William Hague appears to be against is the Palestinans application for membership of the International Criminal Court.

Seems strange that the UK government is opposed to Palestine seeking membership of a body they themselves recognise and are signatories to. I'm sure the unwillingness of the US to recognise the ICC has nothing to do with the UK's stance. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it doesn't - when did the Yanks worry about what we did or didn't do (except in Northern Ireland, of course.)?

I'm sure it doesn't - when did the Yanks worry about what we did or didn't do (except in Northern Ireland, of course.)?

I wasn't suggesting that, I was implying that the UK government's stance on this issue is being influence by US government policy.

I wasn't suggesting that, I was implying that the UK government's stance on this issue is being influence by US government policy.

Aye, right, seems much more likely - I'm a bit slow today, have the makings of a cold. sad.gif

Imagine if instead of Palestine the English had gifted Scotland (or even just Ayrshire) to the Zionists in the Balfour Declaration.

Or New Zealand to some random Brit settlers, or Australia or America.

So why do we need to 'imagine' that Israel is any different to those states?

Or New Zealand to some random Brit settlers, or Australia or America.

So why do we need to 'imagine' that Israel is any different to those states?

those were crimes as well which have been recognised and the indigenous populations have received some compensation. the difference is that the palestinians were ethnically cleansed less than 80 years ago and the damage can still be undone.

Great day today for humanity. However fox news is a little biased towards israel and that annoys me. Just watching a 8 year old child prodigy on fox play a piano like hes be doing it for 30 years, made his song and can sing and play piano, wow sure are some special people in this world, its a good song hes wrote too. Mind he cant really sing... How can some people support israel when they have called for a Holocaust against the Palestinians? Also Nethanyau calling it "democratic terrorism" wtf is democratic terrorism?

Palestine is a countrysmile.gif

The UN general assembly has just voted overwhelmingly to recognise Palestine as a state. An astounding 138 nations chose to support the path of peace and justice.

palestinevote2d.jpg

Just weeks ago, the vote was expected to be much closer, with Israel and the US lobbying hard to deny Palestine key European support. But in the face of major public pressure and vigorous campaigning by the Avaaz community, countries such as France, Spain, Belgium and Sweden decided to vote yes to statehood for Palestine. In the end, just nine countries ended up on the wrong side of history: Israel, the US, Canada, the Czech Republic, Panama, Palau, Nauru, Micronesia and the Marshall Islands.

Celebrate this historic moment, share this map with everyone.

Edited by THE KING

Palestine is a countrysmile.gif

The UN general assembly has just voted overwhelmingly to recognise Palestine as a state. An astounding 138 nations chose to support the path of peace and justice.

palestinevote2d.jpg

Just weeks ago, the vote was expected to be much closer, with Israel and the US lobbying hard to deny Palestine key European support. But in the face of major public pressure and vigorous campaigning by the Avaaz community, countries such as France, Spain, Belgium and Sweden decided to vote yes to statehood for Palestine. In the end, just nine countries ended up on the wrong side of history: Israel, the US, Canada, the Czech Republic, Panama, Palau, Nauru, Micronesia and the Marshall Islands.

Celebrate this historic moment, share this map with everyone.

Nah. Everyone I know is aware of the map of the world. Nothing has changed in that regard.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this should be going in here or in the normal politics thread but anyway, Lib Dem in trouble for comments on Israel: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21194991

I get that saying 'the jews' is extremely clumsy at best, but beyond that I don't see what's he said that's offensive. He hasn't said there's a moral equivalence or that human rights abuses directed at Palestinians are as bad as the Holocaust, just that these abuses happen.