Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

7 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

Some HAMAS mouthpiece denying that they killed any civilians at the music festival on Sky News.

The problem with the post truth world we are in today is that half the folk hearing it will think its lies and the other half will think -  Aha, I knew it wasn't them. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

As grim as what’s already happened is, you’d think so-called civilisation would be a wee bit more cautious about a country announcing that it’s going to “effectively obliterate” a densely populated area of 2.5 million people.

Nope, “full support” all the way.

Sieges are only disgraceful war crimes that the International Community Must Universally Condemn when white Europeans are the ones under the gun. Ditto the two-tier handling of refugees from conflict zones. 

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

On the slightly brighter side of the coin, this exposes everyone, particularly the younger generations, to the horrors of war (without having to live it) - and should give much more reason to push for peace, and a better world overall.

Pretty sure I saw an advert on ITV X for a new series of Big Brother.  I reckon that’s likely to grab far more of the attention of the ‘younger generations’.

Spoiler

Apologies for the sarcasm, flippancy and cynicism.  I wish people, particularly younger people, would pay more attention to these events but I don’t see it happening unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Pretty sure I saw an advert on ITV X for a new series of Big Brother.  I reckon that’s likely to grab far more of the attention of the ‘younger generations’.

Hide contents

Apologies for the sarcasm, flippancy and cynicism.  I wish people, particularly younger people, would pay more attention to these events but I don’t see it happening unfortunately.

I think it’s the opposite to be honest. Apps like telegram make horror content like this readily available and easy to share around. It happened when I was at school and it will be happening now. 

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

I think it’s the opposite to be honest. Apps like telegram make horror content like this readily available and easy to share around. It happened when I was at school and it will be happening now. 

Sharing horror content for cheap thrills and learning from it are different things.

18 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I just can't get my head round Zelenskyy's reaction to this. I mean, I understand why he's done it but still.... the brass neck

In an existential struggle your enemy's enemy is your friend. Iran has been backing Hamas alongside supplying Russia with drones and missiles. Israel has been a bit reticent about helping Ukraine, it's a no lose situation for Ukraine to back Israel given the situation they're in, also in regards to the doubts about continued American support. Moral nuances go out of the window when the shit hits the fan. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Hamas have said they will execute a hostage every time Israel targets a civilian house without warning. They’ve said they’ll release audio and video of the executions.

Was about to say the very same.

Looks like the Israelis stopping roof knocks in Gaza has consequences now.🙁

7 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Looks like the Israelis stopping roof knocks in Gaza has consequences now

If roof knocks means bombing apartment buildings, when did that stop? 

Edited by welshbairn

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sharing horror content for cheap thrills and learning from it are different things.

Yes but your point was that they wouldn’t pay attention to it. For what it’s worth I think you’re doing the yoof a bit of an injustice. 

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Hamas have said they will execute a hostage every time Israel targets a civilian house without warning. They’ve said they’ll release audio and video of the executions.

Guess that explains why they were going to all the trouble of taking old Israeli grandmas and mothers with young children back into Gaza. Seriously doubted it was for humanitarian reasons given what happened at the rave with the big Buddha statue. Netanyahu probably wasn't going to lose any sleep over a few hippies but a holocaust survivor would be hitting the jackpot on this for Hamas on international news coverage and in emotional blackmail terms unfortunately. Complete and utter scum to stoop to that level but you can see the rationale behind it.