Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

19 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

People on here are gutted. That's why.
They've drowned themselves in anti-Semitic propaganda on X.

A good sign you're wrong is agreeing with the likes of Al Jazeera, George Galloway or some 'journalist' who has been arrested for treason.

How come we never get any clever trolls on here, why are they always so thick. 

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

IDF completely out of the Americans control now.

UNIFIL seems a totally pointless thing tbh. 

Clearly neither Hezbollah nor the IDF are particularly bothered by their presence because they know they'll do absolutely f**k all other than a strongly worded tweet.  

15 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

UNIFIL seems a totally pointless thing tbh. 

Clearly neither Hezbollah nor the IDF are particularly bothered by their presence because they know they'll do absolutely f**k all other than a strongly worded tweet.  

It is kind of important there are people there to document war crimes.

Although the justice system at play seems incredibly slow to act.

Every day I just see something even more horrific from Gaza and I just can't reckon with the fact that this is allowed to continue.

I think people who have seen the same things and are outright supporting them continuing have no depths to where they won't sink and are pure evil at this point.

Not really a surprise but I see that Israeli hardliners (Channel 4 news, not me) are looking to move into Gaza, mostly fixer-uppers I gather.

Strikes in Northern Gaza were watched by a group of hardline Israeli settlers, gathered for a two-day event where they drew up plans for their future homes in the Gaza Strip.

The ‘Gaza resettlement conference’ took place in Masof Ha’bazak, just four kilometres from the border.

Edited by btb

A thing the news aren't really reporting is that Israel ran out of meaningful Hezbollah targets outside the de facto war zone in Southern Lebanon days ago, at least. The stuff they're hitting in Beirut has only the most tangential connection to Hezbollah - like the banks, which had no more involvement than holding the current accounts of some people who are members. On that basis they could be bombing banks in Geneva and London.

They got through their list generated by actual intelligence a while ago. Now it's nothing but terrorism and violence for the sheer hell of it, to keep up the pretence of fighting an enemy. They're just lying, because enough people want to believe the lies.

Obviously their story for the vast majority of targets in Gaza has been sheer fiction for many, many months.

Edited by GordonS

3 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

For about the 20th time this year I'm thinking that THIS IS THE ONE that leads to a full on world war. Not sure if I'm being dramatic but this one feels a bit scary to me

We all knew this ‘retaliation’ was coming I suppose, but also quite concerned about what happens now. 

The one country that pisses me off more than any other is Russia. If they hadn't invaded Ukraine they would be the good guys today. Protecting everyone against Israel. If I was Putin I would be protecting Iran and threatening to nuke Israel.

Reports in the US said the White House was warned shortly before the strikes began.

A Whitehall source told Sky News that the strikes, "on the face of it", looked to be in line with expectations given that Israel had launched strikes on "military targets" rather than the country's infrastructure or senior leaders.

And a government spokesman said: "We support Israel's right to self defence and to protect itself in line with international humanitarian law. Further escalation is in no one's interest."

3 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

For about the 20th time this year I'm thinking that THIS IS THE ONE that leads to a full on world war. Not sure if I'm being dramatic but this one feels a bit scary to me

It could be...it depends what Israel has struck. It seems many believe that Israel wants to provoke a war with Iran before they get nukes. It has been reported that Iran's nuclear sites are not likely to be destroyed, and so Israel is getting desperate:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/irans-latest-subterranean-nuclear-site-likely-impenetrable-to-us-bunker-busters/

That could be part of the rationale behind taking on Hezbollah just now, too.

If Iran really is on the verge of getting nuclear weapons, then their reaction may just be nominal to pacify their people until such time as they can demonstrate their nuclear capability. 

Russia's an ally of Iran's, of course, which isn't good. It has been suggested that if the US/Israel wants to seriously attack Iran, they could/should make a deal favourable to Russia regarding Ukraine. 

It's all very interesting, but I'm not unscrewing my doors just yet.