Next Premiership Manager To Be Sacked

ICTChris

Who will be the next Premiership Manager to be sacked?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it will be Keegan, although Man City's finances effectively make them the new Leeds so that could have a bearing on the decision.

Megson is on a tightrope as well, due to boardroom pressure and Harry Redknapp has had arguements with his board. Fulham haven't started the season well althoguth I think they will come good and there is a suggestion that Moyes could be looking on the way out of Goodison, despite the Toffees win over Man Shity and their superb start to the season (first game aside).

Who will be first to go?

Man Citeeeh had one shot on goal on Saturday whereas Everton were denied by three stunning James saves :o;)

I think that Citeeh have a lot of overpaid underachievers at Eastlands - Fowler, McManaman, Sinclair, Anelka, Barton are all hyped up but haven't achieved a great deal, aside maybe from Anelka. Their financial trouble (I believe they've done a similar deal to Leeds in that they have mortaged their future season ticket sales and also pay Manchester council a percentage of their gate reciepts) means that any bids for Wright-Phillips or Anelka may have to be considered, leaving them looking pretty fooking ropey.

Of course, they do have Danny Mills :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why Davie Moyes when his team are sitting 5th, and why Harry Redknapp when his team are sitting 9th? Their teams are performing better than they were expected to, so what's the problem? It's between Keegan and Coleman, as West Brom were always going to struggle. At a push, I'd say Keegan, as his team are under-performing and Coleman needs more time.

Why Davie Moyes when his team are sitting 5th, and why Harry Redknapp when his team are sitting 9th? Their teams are performing better than they were expected to, so what's the problem? It's between Keegan and Coleman, as West Brom were always going to struggle. At a push, I'd say Keegan, as his team are under-performing and Coleman needs more time.

I put Moyes and Redknapp in as they have both been involved in disputes with their chairmen (allegedly). Moyes, to my mind, is one of the best managers in the Premiership - the Toffees start to the season is testament to that, with two away wins being secured as well as EFCs first point at Old Trafford in eight years. He appears to have made a couple of good signings in Cahill and Bent (although thanks to stupid rule changes Cahill will now be suspended :angry: ).

However, considering the boardroom ructions at Goodison in the summer, the manager is always at risk. Some even said that a breakdown in Moyes relationship with Rooney was a big factor in his leaving (if true that's disgraceful, an 18 year old thinking he knows better than his manager). There was also a story that he refused to sign a contract extension until Kenwright gave him assurances that he'd get significant funds in the transfer window.

I do think that Moyes will stay but he is certainly not in entirely calm water (at least not until the 11th of December when the Blues shoot down the Reds at Goodison ;):P )

Of those listed only Keegan is in danger of the sack, others might quit but not get sacked.

Moyes might walk but I don't think he'll be sacked unless the board do change.

I would place Arsene Wenger above Redknapp on the sack board (& I'm an Arsenal far) no chance.

Chris Coleman - barring a disasterous run no chance

Gary Megson - No chance either.

Iain Dowie? Is he safe.

Alex Ferguson - IMO a poor Champions League & he'll be under pressure.

Given Gary Megson tempesteous nature and none too smooth relationship with his chairman I can see Megson following Keegan out of the game and giving Mark Hughes his Premiership return.He was approached by the West Brom chairman last season but advised them that he wouldn't leave Wales unless a Premiership club came looking for him.

Thre are rumours eminating about a press conference at Eastlands tommorow morning at 9.30am so we might see our answer sooner than we think..

It has to be Keegan. Man City are doing very poor with the team that they have. I would have many of their players in my team if I could. Agree that Moyes and Redknapp will not get the sack unless their clubs have a serius run of bad form.

Guest MichaelCollins

Well, from what I hear the Mandoric-Redknapp relation is not the smoothest, so when that explodes Harry will be gone. Also, Fulham - Coleman might need time, but Premiership teams are not known for their understanding when they are bottom end of the league. If his luck doesnt change soon he'll go. I could see this becoming like the 95-96 season (the year Norwich were relegated) where only Sir Alex and two others i think kept their jobs.

Its a mad life. I hear through the grapevine that Craig Levien and Alex McLeish are intresting Premiership clubs. This is where some Rangers fans start to cheer on the next Premiership departure, and others actually question what Big Eck has done to merit a promotion.

Still, Keegan wants to stay. I say the next to go will be Jacque Santini. No, seriously. Today on Soccer Saturday it was revealed there was a bust up between him and Arnason (sp), the Director of Football, who apparently made most of the signings without Santini's approval. And the board seem to prefer the Dutch man over the Frenchman. It could be a short explosive reign at Spurs before they sink down to their usual doldrums.

• 4 years later...

Archived