Fife Cup 2012-13

HibeeJibee

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ref was ace. Especially when she gave us throw-ins that were't ours and the stand side lino had got them right.

A few players looked decent but f**k me it was East Fife. Even Robbo looked reasonable.

Jamie was gifted his goal by their CH gifting him the ball back after a shit pass from Jaimie.

Hemmings set up Deano's goal. Good hold-up turn and great pass. Deano took it really well and had a good game.

EF No 7 looked good till he got subbed and the big fella they brought on gave our defence some problems. Apart from that they were mince and we should really have buried them.

Ref was ace. Especially when she gave us throw-ins that were't ours and the stand side lino had got them right.

A few players looked decent but f**k me it was East Fife. Even Robbo looked reasonable.

Jamie was gifted his goal by their CH gifting him the ball back after a shit pass from Jaimie.

Hemmings set up Deano's goal. Good hold-up turn and great pass. Deano took it really well and had a good game.

EF No 7 looked good till he got subbed and the big fella they brought on gave our defence some problems. Apart from that they were mince and we should really have buried them.

Glad we still own the widtinks

• 4 months later...

It was the AGM of the Fifeshire Football Association this evening. The 2013/14 Fife Cup competition of course has not yet been completed. The only game played thus far saw Cowdenbeath win 2-1 over East Fife at Bayview. The other clubs though are unable to fit in the remaining fixtures this season so it was agreed that Cowdenbeath would be awarded the Fife Cup for 2013/14 by virtue of their win in the only match played. It is though hoped/anticipated that next season's competition can be arranged in a way that will allow the competition to be fully played out.

Hold on a moment... Cowdenbeath won the Preliminary Round tie - to get into the Semi-Finals - and that means they've won the Fife Cup :unsure::unsure2::blink::lol:?

I suppose congratulations are in order. Well done Cowdenbeath, champions of Fife 2013-14 :huh:...

Of course if you look back over the years several times the trophy has been won in unusual circumstances. Lochgelly United though was the one major Fife senior club to never win the trophy albeit they were awarded the trophy one year by the FFA but refused to accept it!

I've always wondered if there'd be an appetite for the Fife Cup to be staged over one weekend in pre-season? I've got a huge programme collection (many from before I was going) and, in a set for a season in the late 80s, there was an issue when EEP hosted the whole tournament.

Not sure if supporters would buy into the idea, but could perhaps be a better way of having instances like this and others when it's been a struggle to complete the fixtures, or simply not at all?

If you could get around the existence of Burntisland... say pay them off to scratch, or all vote together to withdraw them, or get someone to gub them in an earlier eliminator... it'd make a great pre-season tournament, Saturday-Sunday, for the 4 SPFL clubs.

I've always wondered if there'd be an appetite for the Fife Cup to be staged over one weekend in pre-season? I've got a huge programme collection (many from before I was going) and, in a set for a season in the late 80s, there was an issue when EEP hosted the whole tournament.

Not sure if supporters would buy into the idea, but could perhaps be a better way of having instances like this and others when it's been a struggle to complete the fixtures, or simply not at all?

I attended the Pars v Rovers game. The semis were both played on the Saturday and the final was on the Sunday. Works for me.

I was going by the notes at the foot of the season-by-season pages in John Litster's "Always Next Season".

They did a similar thing in the East of Scotland Cup - aka the 'City' Cup - in the mid-1990s. There were a couple of occasions that Whitehill hosted SFs on Saturday, Final & 3rd/4th on Sunday.

Yes I mean this season alone you had the 3-3 draw and the 4-3 win for Rovers - couldn't get duller games than those! As for that 4-4 draw last season why it surely was yawnsville for Raith fans!

Plenty of goals but awful games. Most fans are not even excited by a league derby game. The Fife Cup should be scrapped.

If you could get around the existence of Burntisland... say pay them off to scratch, or all vote together to withdraw them, or get someone to gub them in an earlier eliminator... it'd make a great pre-season tournament, Saturday-Sunday, for the 4 SPFL clubs.

Forgot about the Shipyard. That would make it problematic unless another club were invited; would be harsh to exclude them from the tourney.

Archived