Has P&B Influenced You?

Ludo*1

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple question, has P&B influenced you to vote one way or the other? More so than other sources?

There's been massive amounts of debate and information passed on P&B, surely it must have changed the opinion of at least someone?

ETA: Or is it just a case of posturing your ready made views?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It hasn't changed my opinion at all, but it has informed me on a fair few matters that I hadn't considered before.

This. I would never ever vote anything but YES. But reading the debates has gave me a fair mount of knowledge over certain aspects I feel, good ole P n B.

It hasn't changed my opinion as such but it has definitely helped me change other peoples opinion.

Information I've learned, and references posted on here has given me some fantastic debating points for both pro Yes, and debunking No discussions I've been having over the last couple of months.

Well played P&B.

Yep.

Truth be told I was barely even thinking about the referendum up until I'd guess about 18 months ago (maybe even more?), and then I started reading the discussion on here, first in the Scottish Independence thread, and then the Scottish Independence sub-forum once it opened on White Paper day, or close enough iirc.

Posted a handful of times, but mainly left the debate to people far, far more clued up than myself. Swampy in particular was outstanding in putting across a very convincing series of posts for a Yes vote.

Worth mentioning that it's not just the thread itself, but a good few links to elsewhere that have been posted are excellent as well, with posters giving their views on the implications of the articles on here. The "something for nothing culture has now been elevated to corporate level" one in particular springs to mind.

edit: one thing I'm sure we can all agree on - xbl's tear-filled, mashing-keyboard-in-frustration breakdown on the opening of the sub forum was *hilarious*

P&B is the most one sided website i've viewed on the subject. It's a bubble, the demographics of the website are clearly in line with that of a "yes" vote.

If anyone is taking information or opinion on independence from Pie and Bovril seriously then they spend too much time on the internet.

P&B is the most one sided website i've viewed on the subject. It's a bubble, the demographics of the website are clearly in line with that of a "yes" vote.

If anyone is taking information or opinion on independence from Pie and Bovril seriously then they spend too much time on the internet.

Wouldnt say that, some quite clever people on here IMO.

You seem quite upset champ.

You signed up this site to complain about this site being biased?

It hasn't changed my opinion, surprisingly, but it's energised me when the old belief has wobbled, and I've felt a genuine kinship on here.

People such as our "2 posts in" friend above may say it's just a football website, but I would say that some don't knows have been pushed towards Yes or some No voters may have been given cause to think by some of the more intelligent posters on here such as Strichener.

Overall, I think every Yes supporter on here has played a blinder in their own way. We've propped each other up, had a laugh and got behind the single most important political issue we'll ever face.

I'll be kinda sad when it's all over, tbh.

I was always voting Yes so it hasn't really changed my mind but it has given me lots of information and comments that I can discuss with other people.

From when did this "always voting Yes" start? Prior to the question? As soon as the question was asked?

Absolutely. It has helped form my view on a yes vote but it did so long before the referendum, I came round to supporting independence in the run up to 2007 election and reading the opinions on P&B then really did influence me somewhat.

It hasn't changed my opinion, surprisingly, but it's energised me when the old belief has wobbled, and I've felt a genuine kinship on here.

People such as our "2 posts in" friend above may say it's just a football website, but I would say that some don't knows have been pushed towards Yes or some No voters may have been given cause to think by some of the more intelligent posters on here such as Strichener.

Overall, I think every Yes supporter on here has played a blinder in their own way. We've propped each other up, had a laugh and got behind the single most important political issue we'll ever face.

I'll be kinda sad when it's all over, tbh.

I never said that or implied it.

Archived