P&B General Election - Game

In Dece we are witnessing the return of the clique. Don't accept this turn of events. It's only a hop skip and a jump until members of this sordid wee clique claim they are Box Office. They'll then get to the stage where they are so annoying that Div will become incensed and have to smite a few of them. It will be a humane cull of sorts.

Dece = The New Clique = Not inclusive.

Thank you for your time.

Wee hint for the future. If you don't want someone or something to be regarded and referred to as "box office", don't constantly talk about it in every post.

I'd like it not to be all about Dece, but it's not us that's making it so. In fact, here's an example right now:

Reported for being homophobic.

I actually second that.

"poofy"? Really?

DECE coming out with homophobic remarks?! A truly forward thinking, progressive party they are not.

I for one am not impressed with these homophobic remarks from DECE and look forward to a statement of apology.

Congratulations lads. Perhaps all four parties have indulged in a bit of mud slinging in this election, but this is the lowest anyone has gone so far. The fact that everyone has jumped on the bandwagon is sad but predictable.

As others have said, my remark was a satirical dig at the mindset of some posters who say things like "Dece Boys all want to look like they're in 1Direction or Geordie Shore LOLOL", implying we're all bellends because we aren't beige, middle aged fuds. The word "poofy" was quite clearly used as an example of what others (unpleasant people) would say, not me.

Why would I describe my own appearance as "poofy"? What a pile of nonsense. When I'm deciding how I want to look (be it hair, clothes, whatever) I make my choices based on what I think looks good and not stereotypical/offensive stereotypes about how gay and straight people are supposed to look. My comment was a dig at those who do (the same people who'd think we're bellends) and every one of you knows that. Are left wing comedians like Stewart Lee bigots when they use racist/homophobic/sexist terms to make a mockery of racists/homophobes/sexists? There's an Andrew Maxwell sketch where he talks about being harassed by Rangers fans who try and rile him by screaming at him (warning, offensive words here that aren't my own:

"you're a girl, you queer, you spastic, gay paedophile Paki nigger"

Is Maxwell parodying the bigoted nature of Rangers fans, or by mentioning them is he being a sexist, homophobic, racist that makes light of disabilities and paedophilia? We all know the answer, so please don't insult me any further.

I support a full and independent enquiry into whether my post was homophobic, and when as I expect it's found not to be I want a full apology from everyone who used a serious issue like homophobia to score petty points.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using homophobic language absolutely should result in an apology. In much the same way using racist language would.

Absolutely. I encourage an apology.

Interesting to see the Klopp Party sticking the boot in. Their leader refused to apologise (despite Swampy's best efforts) after he once posted a gif that could be interpreted as "racist".

This gif:

HEOJs.jpg

Now Albino Rover does not strike me as a racist. He's a good guy but if we're going to go down the route of calling EGB a homophobe then we need to be consistent.

Btw, if there's an investigation from a mod (and I hope there is) who still deems my post to be homophobic, then I want every single person who posted actually homophobic statements in my man crush thread (remarks aimed at others in an insulting fashion, not aimed at themselves to parody hateful behaviour) banned from this website with immediate effect.

If that doesn't happen I will consider boycotting this election for prejudiced, biased treatment of the Dece Party.

Wee hint for the future. If you don't want someone or something to be regarded and referred to as "box office", don't constantly talk about it in every post.

I'd like it not to be all about Dece, but it's not us that's making it so. In fact, here's an example right now:

Congratulations lads. Perhaps all four parties have indulged in a bit of mud slinging in this election, but this is the lowest anyone has gone so far. The fact that everyone has jumped on the bandwagon is sad but predictable.

As others have said, my remark was a satirical dig at the mindset of some posters who say things like "Dece Boys all want to look like they're in 1Direction or Geordie Shore LOLOL", implying we're all bellends because we aren't beige, middle aged fuds. The word "poofy" was quite clearly used as an example of what others (unpleasant people) would say, not me.

Why would I describe my own appearance as "poofy"? What a pile of nonsense. When I'm deciding how I want to look (be it hair, clothes, whatever) I make my choices based on what I think looks good and not stereotypical/offensive stereotypes about how gay and straight people are supposed to look. My comment was a dig at those who do (the same people who'd think we're bellends) and every one of you knows that. Are left wing comedians like Stewart Lee bigots when they use racist/homophobic/sexist terms to make a mockery of racists/homophobes/sexists? There's an Andrew Maxwell sketch where he talks about being harassed by Rangers fans who try and rile him by screaming at him (warning, offensive words here that aren't my own:

Is Maxwell parodying the bigoted nature of Rangers fans, or by mentioning them is he being a sexist, homophobic, racist that makes light of disabilities and paedophilia? We all know the answer, so please don't insult me any further.

I support a full and independent enquiry into whether my post was homophobic, and when as I expect it's found not to be I want a full apology from everyone who used a serious issue like homophobia to score petty points.

Okay, Anita Bryant.

Erin Go Bragh, on 21 Oct 2014 - 19:58, said:

yoda, on 21 Oct 2014 - 20:00, said:

Absolutely. I encourage an apology.

Interesting to see the Klopp Party sticking the boot in. Their leader refused to apologise (despite Swampy's best efforts) after he once posted a gif that could be interpreted as "racist".

This gif:

HEOJs.jpg

Now Albino Rover does not strike me as a racist. He's a good guy but if we're going to go down the route of calling EGB a homophobe then we need to be consistent.

Erin Go Bragh, on 21 Oct 2014 - 20:02, said:

Btw, if there's an investigation from a mod (and I hope there is) who still deems my post to be homophobic, then I want every single person who posted actually homophobic statements in my man crush thread (remarks aimed at others in an insulting fashion, not aimed at themselves to parody hateful behaviour) banned from this website with immediate effect.

If that doesn't happen I will consider boycotting this election for prejudiced, biased treatment of the Dece Party.

Do the public of P&B really want to be represented by these people who love nothing more than to deflect? Who refuse to apologise even when they're wrong?

Do the public of P&B really want to be represented by these people who love nothing more than to deflect? Who refuse to apologise even when they're wrong?

I think the last thing that the people of P&B want is people who are desperate to be offended

Maybe I'm being wooshed here but I read it as reference to his hairstyle in which I assume it was how it was intended? My comments were in jest as I thought others were sarcastically accusing him?

15 vote deduction for slander to FUN & Klopp IMO

By the way, Ludo's passive aggressive comment earlier about how the debate will be a "very interesting event", as well the Kloppo's Celtic-like tactics of faux outrage and paranoia, leads me to heavily suspect that they think there's some ABSOLOOT BOMBSHELL they can drop. Presumably by scanning through what we've all posted in the past.

Thanks Yoda for reminding me about Albino's watermelon gif. Would be very surprised if whatever's obviously waiting in the wings is as bad as that.

As others have said, my remark was a satirical dig at the mindset of some posters who say things like "Dece Boys all want to look like they're in 1Direction or Geordie Shore LOLOL", implying we're all bellends because we aren't beige, middle aged fuds.

So you're ageist now? Are you implying all middle-aged people are "fuds"?

Interesting that nothing was made about the FUN activists outside out conference

Forgot about that, don't have speakers at work when I was on earlier, so not entirely sure what audio you embedded over the Jim Murphy vine attempting to slander me.

Archived