Wayward Pines

Zamora Fan

New FOX TV show directed by everyone's favourite M. Night Shamalyan about a secret agent in a town called Wayward Pines. Seen a few trailers for this on UK TV and Fox released the whole pilot episode two weeks early today on Hulu. Looks great IMO, creepy and bizarre in equal measure. Reminded me of Lost especially in the way it started. Anyone else seen the pilot yet?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It's his story apparently, right up to the final scene.

It's based on a trilogy of novels by Blake Crouch. I've read the first. While not exactly great literature, it's certainly a page turner. The author acknowledges that 'Twin Peaks' was an inspiration, but there are definitely elements of 'The Prisoner' in there too. There are several dramatic plot twists. Could be an interesting watch.

Another good episode there, with a big surprise at the end. Main compliment I can pay it is I am intrigued to see where they go with this. Glad the author of the book confirmed it isn't just Ethan hallucinating.

This is the first time I've seen Carla Gugino.

She's rather smashing.

Then watch the first Sin City film then, she plays Marv's probation officer Lucille, she's only in it for about 10 minutes and is naked for about 9 of them!!! ;)

Archived