P&b Running Club

I pb'd Cumbernauld as well strolling home in a cool 38 mins 30 secs. Absolutely over the moon including an air punch when I crossed the line!

Couple of gripes this year

1. I made the course 200m too short
  2. 8k and 9k markers in the wrong place
  3. Shitey finishers pack (not too bothered about that though)

ETA Chip time 38mins 25 secs :)

Edited by diamonds2002

I pb'd Cumbernauld as well strolling home in a cool 38 mins 30 secs. Absolutely over the moon including an air punch when I crossed the line!

Quality :) How are you running the race pace wise. Consistent pace or negative split?

Quality :) How are you running the race pace wise. Consistent pace or negative split?

The plan had been to run a consistent pace but I went out too quickly (trying to get past some teenagers who had gone to the front).

So it worked out that I was fast slow then fast. I had been aiming for 4 minute kms but I think I only hit that once around 6km

Aye that was pretty annoying. They werent even close to where they should have been.

Did 22 hilly miles in 3hrs 14 mins today, that's my longest training run ( and longest ever ) for loch ness done. Seem to be on target to break 4 hrs, but boy, it was tough today. Legs started seizing up at about 18 miles.

The last 5 miles or so of the marathon are gonna be painful. Have lost about 1.5 stone in weight since I started this schedule in June, so it's all good.

Managed to add another lap of the b*****dous local hill onto my route today. Only covering around 6.3k but the total elevation is around 180m. Took me 40:18, which isn't great for the distance involved, but I'm pretty happy as the first time I tried the route I'm doing it took me around 20 minutes to complete just one lap. Hoping to get up to managing 5 at a time which should be just short of 10k. If I can manage it in under an hour I'll be delighted.

Did 22 hilly miles in 3hrs 14 mins today, that's my longest training run ( and longest ever ) for loch ness done. Seem to be on target to break 4 hrs, but boy, it was tough today. Legs started seizing up at about 18 miles.

The last 5 miles or so of the marathon are gonna be painful. Have lost about 1.5 stone in weight since I started this schedule in June, so it's all good.

Well done that's a lot further than I ever ran before my marathon. I'm sure you'll have no bother doing another 4 miles on the day.

Are you setting off at a similar pace to that run?

Have you read anything about carbing up?

Well done that's a lot further than I ever ran before my marathon. I'm sure you'll have no bother doing another 4 miles on the day.

This might help

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/nutrition/60-second-guide-carb-loading/3961.html

Thanks. Yeah, I'm kinda one paced, just keep plodding along, haha, so it will be thereabouts.

I've read a bit about carb loading, but I'm not gonna get too scientific about it. Just gonna eat more spuds, bread, pasta etc for 3 or 4 days before the marathon. That long run was useful though, learned more about needing to take more fuel on-board more regularly, so I'll be making good use of the food and drink stations on race day.

Nice going, you'll sure be well inside 4 hrs if you can run 22 in 3.14.

What was the longest you ran pre-marathon? And what time did you end up with?

I done just over 20 on Monday, so thats my last long run before Loch Ness done. I'll be glad when it's all over in a couple of weeks timesmile.gif

What was the longest you ran pre-marathon? And what time did you end up with?

I done just over 20 on Monday, so thats my last long run before Loch Ness done. I'll be glad when it's all over in a couple of weeks timesmile.gif

I had only done 18 miles (I did that in 2hrs 30.). I would have liked to have done a longer run but my training was interupted by lots of injuries.

I did the marathon in 3hrs 59min and I was delighted with that as -

1) my aim was always to do it in Sub 4hrs

& 2) Edinburgh was hit by a rare heatwave on the marathon weekend.

My splits were fairly even. I found the miles from 15 to 20 the hardest and my time started to slip a little (only by a couple of minutes). But I was able to make that time up over the last quarter. I think that was due partly to the crowds.

I'm really glad I did it, but I've no plans to do another just yet. I did apply for a place for London, but I'm not really expecting to be successful in the ballot.

Is this your 1st one?

Nice going, you'll sure be well inside 4 hrs if you can run 22 in 3.14.

Hopefully, anything can happen though. If I can keep my legs going I should manage it, but we'll see. My first marathon, and probably only, so it's all unknown to me.

I'm also just wanting it done now. I've got two weeks off in October, and I won't be doing very much. Of anything. :P

Hopefully, anything can happen though. If I can keep my legs going I should manage it, but we'll see. My first marathon, and probably only, so it's all unknown to me.

I'm also just wanting it done now. I've got two weeks off in October, and I won't be doing very much. Of anything. :P

I was in the same position this time last year. The feeling you get crossing the line at the end is unbelievable - it is hard to described just now good it feels

Just done a flat 5k route in 24:26. Fastest I've managed since moving over here. It is a fair bit cooler than when I last done that route(About 10c lower, 17c today rather than 27c) which definitely helped. Still about 1:30 off my fastest 5k time, but I can definitely feel a difference in my fitness thanks to all the hill runs I've done. Especially happy with this effort too as I was out on the bike this morning for the first time in 15 years, so the legs were a tad tired from that before I started.

I recently had to give up playing football so have taken up running to keep myself fit. I'm running a half marathon next weekend in Christchurch with the plan of doing my first ever marathon in February. The last (and only) time i ran a half marathon was the Glasgow one several years ago in a time of 1:35. Didnt train properly for it and started off way too quickly and by the end i was barely above walking pace. Went a 19km run last night and did it in 1:23, felt pretty comfortable so i'm hopeful for a sub 1:30 time next weekend.

Great to read about everyone else's efforts on here, keep up the good work!