Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Greg Stewart, anyone?

If we got the Killie version maybe, trouble is a front three of Spoony, Kane and Stewart has absolutely no threat in behind so teams will press the sh*t out of us and likely get away with it

52 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Greg Stewart, anyone?

As good as he was going forward (and by christ, he was unreal at times) at Dundee, he was a nightmare for just switching off. Having him one side and Harkins on the other was an absolute boner-joy in possession but excruciating when out of. 

Would still have him back in a heartbeat. Stewart feeding Cummings. Mama Mia. 

A no to Stewart for me.

Good player but don't see where he fits. He's also 31 now and would likely want a decent wage. IMO we've been burned by giving decent money to Swanson, MOH, and May, based on what they done 3/4 years ago, real chance Stewart is unable to repeat his past glories and joins them.

Think we need someone who can finish the chances rather than someone who'll be creating them.

Much like last season when it felt like Hendry was due a poor season, he's now due a good season. Didn't score much but his xG (HAHAH w****r!!!) was still really high last season, which shows he's getting the chances still. If he performs to his xG after a season of overperformance, then one of underperformance, then he could bag anywhere between 6-10 goals depending on minutes. It was closer to Melamed than Kane/May last season, despite Aberdeen seemingly not creating much.

He's now had 1 season of being obscenely clinical, and one of having tatties for feet, so this next season could define his career.

Be something else if we discover in pre-season he's an upgrade on Melamed, and also that Ballantyne is the perfect back up for Wotherspoon. Just need to discover some defenders.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Quite a few people on Twitter saying they have bought their first season ticket, or at least first for a few seasons. I have bought the wife her first one and know of at least four other new purchasers.
Anyone got any idea how sales are doing?
What are our xSTS@RandomGuy?

10 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Quite a few people on Twitter saying they have bought their first season ticket, or at least first for a few seasons. I have bought the wife her first one and know of at least four other new purchasers.

Someone on WAP claiming we've sold 1500 in the East and 400 in the Main, but think seats are still held for potential renewals?

Not entirely sure if that's just guesswork or if they've actually sat and counted it all, which is bordering on impossible.

Either way it seems far better than I expected. Laughed at someone who thought we'd breach 2500 but doesn't seem impossible if the above figures are true. Just need confirmation fans are allowed into games and hopefully encourage some more.

18 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Heard we are close to the cut off. The club are only selling 3200 in a tribute to glenburns big pal.

Yet another diddy outfit proclaiming they're bigger than St Johnstone this morning and we are the benchmark for their success. Lads you are not Perth St Johnstone, you never will be Perth St Johnstone, you can try and likely fail, dream away lads, dream away.

Can we have a list of the aspiring wannabe?

I'll start with my top 3 of the last week

1. Dundee FC, wee Jimmy McPake slavering in his sleep then waking with morning glory at the thought of being St Johnstone. 

2. Just this morning,  Greg Shields dreaming that Dunfermline Athletic FC haven't been in a backwater league for decades, that they are just as big despite having a turnover MILLIONS behind our glorious club and that his club want to be like St Johnstone FC.

3. And last but no least, the perennial dross that is St Mirren FC. Deluded wee Tony has ruined several of his asda shirts spitting his pies out when he's seen us win big game after big game. Tattie munching Jim has tried to out think our glorious manager several times in the last year and failed miserably so the daft pair have come up with a masterplan, buying our cast offs and rumoured targets. Good luck with that one lads :lol:

anyone else got any wannabe favourites they want to share?

Edited by tree house tam

Would be quite interesting if it's home fans only for the first few months. Playing a game at McDiarmid against The OF sides with more Saints fans than them would be good to experience, and be reminiscent of the early days at McDiarmid.

Though missing days out at the Dundees, Hearts and the bounce of last minute goals at Easter Road would be a big negative.

Hopefully we're back to normal, as you imagine there will be a big upsurge in crowds across the country if our government allows it...

Yet another diddy outfit proclaiming they're bigger than St Johnstone this morning and we are the benchmark for their success. Lads you are not Perth St Johnstone, you never will be Perth St Johnstone, you can try and likely fail, dream away lads, dream away.
1. Dundee FC, wee Jimmy McPake slavering in his sleep then waking with morning glory at the thought of being St Johnstone. 
2. Just this morning,  Greg Shields dreaming that Dunfermline Athletic FC haven't been in a backwater league for decades, that they are just as big despite having a turnover MILLIONS behind our glorious club and that his club want to be like St Johnstone FC.
3. And last but no least, the perennial dross that is St Mirren FC. Deluded wee Tony has ruined several of his asda shirts spitting his pies out when he's seen us win big game after big game. Tattie munching Jim has tried to out think our glorious manager several times in the last year and failed miserably so the daft pair have come up with a masterplan, buying our cast offs and rumoured targets. Good luck with that one lads [emoji38]

Why have you went with the interesting description of 'tattie munching"?

25 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Would be quite interesting if it's home fans only for the first few months. Playing a game at McDiarmid against The OF sides with more Saints fans than them would be good to experience, and be reminiscent of the early days at McDiarmid.

Though missing days out at the Dundees, Hearts and the bounce of last minute goals at Easter Road would be a big negative.

Hopefully we're back to normal, as you imagine there will be a big upsurge in crowds across the country if our government allows it...

Mr Brown will be having to up the medication at the thought of only being able to sell them one stand if visitor numbers are restricted. 

In any case half of the away fans can walk to the stadium.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:
4 hours ago, tree house tam said:
3. And last but no least, the perennial dross that is St Mirren FC. Deluded wee Tony has ruined several of his asda shirts spitting his pies out when he's seen us win big game after big game. Tattie munching Jim has tried to out think our glorious manager several times in the last year and failed miserably so the daft pair have come up with a masterplan, buying our cast offs and rumoured targets. Good luck with that one lads emoji38.png

Why have you went with the interesting description of 'tattie munching"?

Because he's irish. Edgy or something.

Office Panic GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

3. And last but no least, the perennial dross that is St Mirren FC. Deluded wee Tony has ruined several of his asda shirts spitting his pies out when he's seen us win big game after big game. Tattie munching Jim has tried to out think our glorious manager several times in the last year and failed miserably so the daft pair have come up with a masterplan, buying our cast offs and rumoured targets. Good luck with that one lads :lol:

ThirstyFrighteningAsianelephant-size_restricted.gif

f**k me, Tam is taking this well.

Normally I'd say it was a transparent attempt at bites, but considering his team failed to keep their own player, failed to sign the player they wanted, and were forced to resign a player they don't really want but do so on inflated wages because another team played them like a cheap fiddle it's no surprise the old fella is grumpy.

Imagine the pinnacle of your team's existence and you are still being given the run around? Gotta hurt, and it seems like it is.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Feels like I’m reading 2005 P&B all over again. I honestly don’t know how I could ever be arsed with trolling wars.  

Who is trolling, everything I wrote is correct.. ;)