Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I’m guessing we’ll get a different coloured away kit this season purely because we’re in Europe and can’t use yellow twice. Then again who knows if our current yellow kit actually complies given how much blue is in it! 

With Killie gone white away strip is an option.

League fixtures out next week.  We must be due a home match to open, 6 of our last 7 opening matches have been away:
2014-15 Ross County away
2015-16 Hearts away
2016-17 Aberdeen HOME
2017-18 Kilmarnock away 
2018-19 Kilmarnock away 
2019-20 Celtic away 
2020-21 Dundee United away

They usually like a diddy team to go to Glasgow for the OF flag raising, thankfully it can’t be us as pointed out a few days ago by someone as we should be home to rangers first time round.
I’d like a match at McD to get the cups paraded.  Home game v Courts’s Colts as we’ve got Europe that midweek as well would be okay.

Any preferences who we face?

I'd quite like to face the greatest St Mirren team in 31 (thirty one) years.
I think we will probably get the Jambos though.

8 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

It’ll be away then, as champions get home game 

We played Hibs away a couple of seasons ago on a scorching hot day during the festival, was outstanding! Might have been the Desmond game with Kerr's last minute header.

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We played Hibs away a couple of seasons ago on a scorching hot day during the festival, was outstanding! Might have been the Desmond game with Kerr's last minute header.

Aye that was the one. Mid august and glorious day for the football. I remember it cause I went to the game on my own then ended up at the festival with a few mates and got steaming. Usually hate the festival but on that particular occasion it was a good day. 

The only guarantee about the fixture list is that the first OF game will be matchday 11, so they can try and get a full house.

We'll get Livingston or St Mirren at home IMO.

2 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

would love another black and red striped effort for the away kit so we can honour eses as we go to Turkey and pump Galatasaray 

The word on the street is that we need to draw PSV as if we then get beat we might be seeded in the conference draw. 

Edit: anyone needing Info on the strips PM me. They are crackers and there may even be more tartan.

Edited by tree house tam

I liked the teal and magenta kit at the time but Ayr United - who had an identical kit during that period - revisited it quite recently and it looked totally underwhelming. 

There are other away kits I'd far rather see us bring back. 

First away kit owned was this beauty...

st-johnstone-away-football-shirt-1991-1993-s_1236_1.thumb.jpg.cfb25b498f871500d69e57ee9f204323.jpg

Theres a 6ft3, technically decent, Australian striker down in England btw, only 24. I mean its just a basic look but he looks a decent fit for the kind of lone striker I'm envisaging us having.

Contracted until next Summer so going to keep an eye on him next season to see how he gets on and test my striker system out on.

George Blackwood at Oldham, for anyone who wants to mock me in 12 months when hes scored 0 goals in 40 games and is joining some 9th division Welsh side. Record for Oldham isn't great this year but seemingly struggled with injuries, his goals per actual minutes on the park is decent.

Sounds like we might see more loan signings from Rangers.

Kai Kennedy the obvious one, IMO, although I expect the majority of our support to demand it be Jordan Jones. We could probably turn Hastie into a passable player, but he'll surely be looking to play 30+ games somewhere next season so should be looking at the Championship.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like we might see more loan signings from Rangers.

Kai Kennedy the obvious one, IMO, although I expect the majority of our support to demand it be Jordan Jones. We could probably turn Hastie into a passable player, but he'll surely be looking to play 30+ games somewhere next season so should be looking at the Championship.

It wouldn't be a transfer window if we weren't linked with some kind of loan move for Scott Wright

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think I would run on the pitch and slide tackle Jordan Jones if he signed for us.

TBF theres zero chance, surely some English club will chuck money at Rangers this Summer for him, as he done well for Sunderland.

I'm on board the Kai Kennedy train tbh. Hes already better than Hastie, Barker, and McPake from what little I've seen of them all.

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

It wouldn't be a transfer window if we weren't linked with some kind of loan move for Scott Wright

Completely forgot his existed too 😂

Surely won't be punted out on loan so quickly?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Completely forgot his existed too 😂

Surely won't be punted out on loan so quickly?

It would be weird but he's never good enough for them, plus if Middleton stays that's less game time for him

Can already see him being loaned til January, looking fairly decent as an extension is mooted, he's recalled, we spend the whole of January hanging on trying to get him back before panicking and getting an Izzy Jones type on loan again