Ross County v Partick Thistle 23/12/16

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Reid said:

Pints > points.

Am I right in thinking the Viking's closed?

Yeah it's a café or something now:thumbsdown

The Balantyne next door is still available though. Plus the other usual haunts.

The bar area the stadium is worth checking out. Not sure if they let in away fans though?

7 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I usually wouldn't start a thread when one of the teams still has another fixture to play first, but:

It could be a wild one.

Dingwall isn't the far North though?

The last time Partick Thistle played in Dingwall on a weeknight was in the First Division, when they were penned in by strong winds in the first half, Lawson and Gardyne were on top form and Iain Vigurs scored a peach of a free-kick.  Christie Elliot played up front and Thistle flitted between 3-4-3 and 4-4-2 as they did at the time under Jackie.

If Friday goes ahead, I had a gut feeling that this will be the game where it happens for Jordan Slew-incarnate Ade Azeez.  Slew had the same kind of impact at County but his only goal was a sclaffed finish in the last game of the season.

Spoiler

Inside Scott Fox's near post :lol:

Jay McEveley is back from suspension, but now that Paul Quinn is back in the team I can't see McEveley returning to centre-back immediately.  Conveniently for the manager, big Kenny VdW will be suspended, so the team will probably be:

Fox

Fraser Quinn Davies McEveley

?       Chow Routis       ? 

Boyce

Curran

I doubt Gardyne's hamstring will have healed in a week.  Maybe Burke will be back, which would be great news.  The wings will probably be occupied by Dow on the left and one of Franks or Dingwall on the right.

13 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

The last time Partick Thistle played in Dingwall on a weeknight was in the First Division, when they were penned in by strong winds in the first half, Lawson and Gardyne were on top form and Iain Vigurs scored a peach of a free-kick.  Christie Elliot played up front and Thistle flitted between 3-4-3 and 4-4-2 as they did at the time under Jackie.

If Friday goes ahead, I had a gut feeling that this will be the game where it happens for Jordan Slew-incarnate Ade Azeez.  Slew had the same kind of impact at County but his only goal was a sclaffed finish in the last game of the season.

Reveal hidden contents

Inside Scott Fox's near post :lol:

Jay McEveley is back from suspension, but now that Paul Quinn is back in the team I can't see McEveley returning to centre-back immediately.  Conveniently for the manager, big Kenny VdW will be suspended, so the team will probably be:

Fox

Fraser Quinn Davies McEveley

?       Chow Routis       ? 

Boyce

Curran

I doubt Gardyne's hamstring will have healed in a week.  Maybe Burke will be back, which would be great news.  The wings will probably be occupied by Dow on the left and one of Franks or Dingwall on the right.

Has Boyce ever scored against Thistle m9?  County will be pleased to see the return of Doolan, Erskine and Lawless ^_^

10 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Thanks, I think...

As you said I can see Adebayo getting some festive joy against Scott Fox thanks to the latter propensity for conceding goals to forwards of a struggling nature back in his Thistle days.

31 minutes ago, DazzJag said:

Doubt i'll make this one, do County have some sort of stream available like we have Jagzone? 5er for a game or something? 

I admire your optimism.  Sadly we don't even get interviews with the players anymore, let alone any kind of live broadcasting.  The BBC might cover it if you're lucky.

Archived