Pregnancy And Parenting

Big day tomorrow for this one, back to school since February 15th. She wasn’t well, then had the saliva glands out, then lockdown, so fingers crossed she adapts back into her routine 

3EFB65F7-C501-4598-9321-5171D6CD3D31.jpeg

9 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Big day tomorrow for this one, back to school since February 15th. She wasn’t well, then had the saliva glands out, then lockdown, so fingers crossed she adapts back into her routine 

3EFB65F7-C501-4598-9321-5171D6CD3D31.jpeg

Keep on keeping on! :thumsup2

3EFB65F7-C501-4598-9321-5171D6CD3D31.jpeg.61068439c6db3c5f2de1bc4e70013834.jpeg
You remind me of a slightly more weathered Jim Goodwin. It's a strong look in all honesty.

Grandson nr 6 has a hospital appointment tomorrow. He's low on haemoglobin (spelling?) and low on vitamin B*. He's white as a ghost and thin as a rake, he's just skin and bones. Getting him to eat anything is a fighting match, he basically survives on crisps and toast.

* Vitamin B12, it is he's low on. As I type, still in hospital.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Now school is finished i expect it to get a bit easier and she can see her friends so that’s good. Roll on sleepovers being allowed to give us a break!

I just hope when school goes back she can get back to doing gymnastics etc as she’s missed that more than anything else.

Thought this might be of interest - its a cookbook for babies and young kids.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Mummy-Makes-Cook-just/dp/0241455154/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1WP79GYE407Z2&dchild=1&keywords=what+mummy+makes+cookbook&qid=1593458678&sprefix=what+mumm%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-1

I cant vouch for the recipes but the author is the wife of a friend

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Thought this might be of interest - its a cookbook for babies and young kids.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Mummy-Makes-Cook-just/dp/0241455154/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1WP79GYE407Z2&dchild=1&keywords=what+mummy+makes+cookbook&qid=1593458678&sprefix=what+mumm%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-1

I cant vouch for the recipes but the author is the wife of a friend

I follow her on instagram. Tried some of the recipes. They are good. 

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Grandson nr 6 has a hospital appointment tomorrow. He's low on haemoglobin (spelling?) and low on vitamin B*. He's white as a ghost and thin as a rake, he's just skin and bones. Getting him to eat anything is a fighting match, he basically survives on crisps and toast.

* Vitamin B12, it is he's low on. As I type, still in hospital.

He's getting admitted tomorrow and being put on a drip (probably). Jacksgranny is convinced social services will take him away and put him into care, blaming his mother for not feeding him properly. I can't see it myself, although they will no doubt get involved. There is a mountain of evidence that she has been seeking help for this problem for years, it's not as if she's witholding food from him, her other two eat everything that's put in front of them, I think it has something to do with his autism.

"Have you tried beans on toast?" "Have you tried scrambled eggs on toast?" "No, I never thought of that!" F*** me, what do you think? 

He's been a poor eater for years but it seems to have accelerated, maybe lockdown has knocked him completely off his way of going.

54 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Hope he gets sorted out in the short term and they think of something to do longer term, must be a terrible worry for his parents.

His father blames his mother - "too soft" - so, no, it's only a worry for one parent, the other one is too worried about his own image, imo.

He's getting admitted tomorrow and being put on a drip (probably). Jacksgranny is convinced social services will take him away and put him into care, blaming his mother for not feeding him properly. I can't see it myself, although they will no doubt get involved. There is a mountain of evidence that she has been seeking help for this problem for years, it's not as if she's witholding food from him, her other two eat everything that's put in front of them, I think it has something to do with his autism.
"Have you tried beans on toast?" "Have you tried scrambled eggs on toast?" "No, I never thought of that!" F*** me, what do you think? 
He's been a poor eater for years but it seems to have accelerated, maybe lockdown has knocked him completely off his way of going.

That sounds worrying.

All the best, mate.

I'm sure it'll be sorted out one way or another.

Worst case scenario is he has to be fed through a tube (down his nose, I'd imagine, direct into his stomach wouldn't really be an option, realistically.)

He's away horse riding at the minute, so it's not as if he is at death's door.

But it is certainly a major concern.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Hope they get him on the mend asap JG,  the social services thing is a worry but common sense should prevail, all the best 

Just now, heedthebaa said:

Hope they get him on the mend asap JG,  the social services thing is a worry but common sense should prevail, all the best 

Thanks, you've been down the hospitalation route a lot more than we have, and survived many a problem.

My wife is convinced ss will get involved (probably because of our long experience of ss through our fostering and adopting) but I'm not so sure. She tends to worry and sees the worst side of any situation (may be a consequence of being left at widow at 38 with 6 youngsters) and so thinks ss will be swooping on Thursday morning, and my stepdaughter (the mother of the child) is a worrier par excellemce, so the two of them together is like Worry City x 2.

I would be a bit of a worrier, but tend to keep my thoughts to myself, more inclined on the "whatever will be, will be" approach, whether that outcome is good, bad or indifferent. At the end of the day, there is very little that gets altered by worrying (other than detrimentally affecting your own health.)

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Thanks, you've been down the hospitalation route a lot more than we have, and survived many a problem.

My wife is convinced ss will get involved (probably because of our long experience of ss through our fostering and adopting) but I'm not so sure. She tends to worry and sees the worst side of any situation (may be a consequence of being left at widow at 38 with 6 youngsters) and so thinks ss will be swooping on Thursday morning, and my stepdaughter (the mother of the child) is a worrier par excellemce, so the two of them together is like Worry City x 2.

I would be a bit of a worrier, but tend to keep my thoughts to myself, more inclined on the "whatever will be, will be" approach, whether that outcome is good, bad or indifferent. At the end of the day, there is very little that gets altered by worrying (other than detrimentally affecting your own health.)

Other way round here, I’m the worrier here, my daughter in law and wife just get wired in to every situation that arises. Probably why in the early years a lot was kept from me. I’m sure it’ll work out bud