Pregnancy And Parenting

18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Jesus f**k when do they stop cryin for f**k all?

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:
Jesus f**k when do they stop cryin for f**k all?

How old is the wee one?

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

10 weeks.

My eldest is 9, I'll report back when I have an answer.

33 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

10 weeks.

Meh, still early days. Takes time to get into a routine. Is wee one crying (tears) or just raging? And is it a painful cry? I've let my girls cry it out on occasion when I know 'they're at it'. Different when there's tears and you can clearly see something is bothering them.

aye and going as straight as a board
Aye, that's trapped wind. We went through that with the wean for a few weeks, gave her infacol and it seemed to help and gradually she get over it all.

Horrendous at the time right enough.

Technique we used to use was squeezing the wee ones legs up tight to her chest (well, as close as possible), holding it for a wee bit then releasing straight out. Helped on occasion.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Technique we used to use was squeezing the wee ones legs up tight to her chest (well, as close as possible), holding it for a wee bit then releasing straight out. Helped on occasion.

Have been doing that every few days with Ryan. Less prone to constipation now but the first 5 weeks he seemed to find the process a bit difficult. The last couple of weeks he seems to finally have figured it out. Shitting less but generally at the same times and not needing anything like as much help.

I presume I’m not the only person who’s currently juggling work and home schooling a child/children. 
Who’s all in this position just now and how’s it going? Kids taking to it or is it like World War 3?
Have your kids schools been proactive and issuing enough/too much work? Are they using Seesaw or other apps? 
I'm a teacher and I've got a 7 and a 5 year old.

The first thing to note is that you need to try and not worry about them missing school (try to think back all the things you were taught at school and how many you can actually remember now).

With the slight exception of teenagers going through qualification courses, they are missing nothing vital, and nothing that can't be kept going at home.

I can't stress enough that quality is much better than quantity. If you can help them get 2 or 3 good sessions of 20-40 mins then that's more than enough.

Get them to read to you, or get them to read something on their own and then tell you about it. Ask them questions.

Try to do some of the work being sent by the school but don't worry about all of it. No-one is expecting everything to be done - it's simply not possible. Don't get stressed by technology. If it's not working for you, do something else.

I'm loving spending quality time with them in other ways, and they'll learn just as much from that as they will from any school work. Cook or bake something together, or do some gardening, even watching films together - as long as you're spending some quality time with them.

Other than that, give them their own space and this will allow you to get your own work done. They need free time as well.