Pregnancy And Parenting

Mum and baby came home last night after she put on 100 grams in 24 hours so positive news. I have to say doctors and midwives were very supportive  of ditching the breastfeeding if it wasn’t working. 
I stayed up to do two feeds last night so mrs dons_1988 got her first real sleep in 2 weeks and she’s transformed this morning. I now just need to remind her I’m not doing that every night [emoji28]
Both of ours were bottle fed, we took night about on feeds so at least one of us had a decent sleep each night.
It does get slightly easier when you get a routine going (and the tommee tippee perfect prep machine.. I.e the god machine is at hand).
My eldest is one of the youngest in his class and is tallest boy and only an inch or two shorter than tallest girl who is about 6 months older he was mid 90s centile for height. .
The youngest is 99th centile for height and is getting tall fast. Looking forward to him going to preschool and seeing his height to others

Both ours were bottlefed. I'd say myself and my partner feel as passionate about not breastfeeding (or feeling you have to) as the medical profession feels about pushing it. Partners' friend's baby was lsoing weight just after she was born because baby wasn't taking enough / any from the breast - mum was in tears/ had to take baby into hospital overnight etc. Just seems like a massive hassle when there's plenty of other hassles with regards to a new baby.

And I don't believe it makes a difference long term in any case.

16 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Both of ours were bottle fed, we took night about on feeds so at least one of us had a decent sleep each night.
It does get slightly easier when you get a routine going (and the tommee tippee perfect prep machine.. I.e the god machine is at hand).
My eldest is one of the youngest in his class and is tallest boy and only an inch or two shorter than tallest girl who is about 6 months older he was mid 90s centile for height. .
The youngest is 99th centile for height and is getting tall fast. Looking forward to him going to preschool and seeing his height to others

The tommee tippee machine is indeed brilliant!

Good first half of your post, descended into a pure fabrication as it went on [emoji23]
[emoji1787]
Both ours were bottlefed. I'd say myself and my partner feel as passionate about not breastfeeding (or feeling you have to) as the medical profession feels about pushing it. Partners' friend's baby was lsoing weight just after she was born because baby wasn't taking enough / any from the breast - mum was in tears/ had to take baby into hospital overnight etc. Just seems like a massive hassle when there's plenty of other hassles with regards to a new baby.
And I don't believe it makes a difference long term in any case.
That's a pretty bold statement.

We ended up bottle feeding both of ours but breast feeding has been scientifically proven to be beneficial, which is why it's pushed by the medical community.

Young parents should always feel supported and never pressed to breast feed when things are becoming difficult - but there are clear reasons why it's the preferable option.

New mothers should absolutely be encouraged and supported in breastfeeding, but they should never feel forced.  My wife breastfed each of our 3 until they were at least 6 months, but it was a real struggle for her at different points. I would have been happy if she'd not wanted to continue when it felt impossible.

Breastfeeding is obviously preferable but I just think there’s too much stigma around formula. 

What I hadn’t anticipated (which feels really stupid now) was the mental toll it takes on a woman when baby is relying on their body to produce milk to survive and it doesn’t quite happen. A monumental level of stress and pressure to put on an individual. The fundamental message should make it clear as day that most important thing is the baby gets fed, breast or bottle. 

Due to self isolation of her class, iv spent some one on one time with my oldest the last few days. Its been so good during the day. Shes growing up so fast, learning so fast. Being with her is like having a wee pal.

Then her sister comes comes home from nursery and they both resume being wee arseholes [emoji19]

Mine were bottle fed. We were able to split the feeds, keep bottles in the fridge, all that convenience. 

My son is now 6 foot 2, about 14 stone (at the age of 16). I don't think the bottle stunted his growth. Agree with all the comments here about bottle feeding.

Our 13 year old grandson who is on the autistic scale is very literal with his outlook on life. He has been visiting these last couple of days - staying with his uncle - and has been playing games on the Xbox with his younger cousin(s). He landed in last night at 7.55 to announce "I have one hour and 5 minutes" as he had to be home for 9.

And our granddaughter who got turned down by Queens has been offered a provisional placement from Magee.

Trebles all round!

Edited by Jacksgranda

• 2 weeks later...

Almost created some beef in the nursery WhatsApp group the other day. One parent complained about their kid getting paint in his top, another chimes in saying that she would send her kid back in in paint covered clothes to make a point and had written to the nursery about claiming the cost of clothes damaged at nursery back.

These are three and four year olds. Their clothes are going to get covered in paint and mud and grass and their food and quite possibly their own faeces. Unbelievable. I was considering replying saying this but don’t want to beef with the kids my son smears paint on all day.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Almost created some beef in the nursery WhatsApp group the other day. One parent complained about their kid getting paint in his top, another chimes in saying that she would send her kid back in in paint covered clothes to make a point and had written to the nursery about claiming the cost of clothes damaged at nursery back.

These are three and four year olds. Their clothes are going to get covered in paint and mud and grass and their food and quite possibly their own faeces. Unbelievable. I was considering replying saying this but don’t want to beef with the kids my son smears paint on all day.

I created merry hell on the parent council when a parent posted outraged that in class it's water only no diluting juice. How dare the head dictate what her child could drink (lunch times can have diluting juice etc) and her child couldn't go 6 hours without diluting juice.

My response of it's only three hours until lunch and we all survived without water bottles on our desks didn't go down well.

I genuinely have no idea how people.keep their kids immaculate all day, must be a shite childhood. Primark perfect for cheap clothes for Nursery. Not a fucking.fashion show.