Pregnancy And Parenting

On 20/01/2021 at 09:10, Dons_1988 said:

Anyone got any experience in buying prams etc in lockdown?

It seems a big expense and hard as f**k to know what to buy when you can't go into a shop and see them/talk to someone.

We got an iCandy pushchair, pricey but well worth it, still using it with our son 6 years after we bought it for our first kid. Never had a problem with it, actually miss pushing it around as son has almost grown out of it now.

Feeling a wee bit numb tonight.   I'd posted on here previously in 2015, 2018  when me and Mrs Williamson lost babies in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.   In 2021 I've a 8 year old boy and a 2 year old boy who was born with possible health concerns due to an ecogenic kidney and another one that just didn't form (PKD).   He's been doing great post birth but they wanted us to go a genetics test which has confirmed he has a HF1 beta genetic issue and will develop Type 1 diabetes and will need kidney dialysis by the time he reaches puberty.   It's a parental thing and has been tracked back to me.   I don't have any health issues and I'm struggling to take it all in.   

Dunno if anyone can speak about this on here.  

Edited by Erih Shtrep

12 hours ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Feeling a wee bit numb tonight.   I'd posted on here previously in 2015, 2018  when me and Mrs Williamson lost babies in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.   In 2021 I've a 8 year old boy and a 2 year old boy who was born with possible health concerns due to an ecogenic kidney and another one that just didn't form (PKD).   He's been doing great post birth but they wanted us to go a genetics test which has confirmed he has a HF1 beta genetic issue and will develop Type 1 diabetes and will need kidney dialysis by the time he reaches puberty.   It's a parental thing and has been tracked back to me.   I don't have any health issues and I'm struggling to take it all in.   

That's brutal mate. I can't offer any expertise in the slightest so please accept my best wishes to you and your family.

15 hours ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Sorry to hear this Erih, with our situation, my daughter in law and wife are in HIE Facebook groups. I’d be surprised if there isn’t groups that might help in your situation also. All the best 

Thanks folks.  

That's the baths done before the 'Night Garden' 

Mrs W started signing to my youngest 'Oh ye canny splash yer mammy in the bath....Oh ye canny splash yer mammy in the bath....Oh ye canny splash yer mammy'  unable to finish the last time I called up the stairs  'Coz you came out her fanny'.   She gave me the usual *Grow up Grahame* eyes.  

According to The Wonder Weeks app our daughter has either 1 or 2 days left of her Leap 4 fussy stage (my wife and I downloaded the app separately, entered the same due date but her app says 1 day mine 2 days) I read that when the fussy stage ends it's like a light switch and she will go back to being a happy little baby that likes to sleep. Fingers crossed that is the case.  

Also wondering about other people's exclusively breastfeed babies, I kept reading at some stage they only poop once or twice a week, this seemed to be the case for maybe 2/3 weeks, Isla now poops 4-5 times a day. I don't mind cleaning her up at all, she is in cloth nappies though which require pre soaking before washing, I know in the long run it's saving us money and helping the environment, but heading down to our buildings laundry room every second or third day is brutal.   

5 minutes ago, Torpar said:

According to The Wonder Weeks app our daughter has either 1 or 2 days left of her Leap 4 fussy stage (my wife and I downloaded the app separately, entered the same due date but her app says 1 day mine 2 days) I read that when the fussy stage ends it's like a light switch and she will go back to being a happy little baby that likes to sleep. Fingers crossed that is the case.  

Also wondering about other people's exclusively breastfeed babies, I kept reading at some stage they only poop once or twice a week, this seemed to be the case for maybe 2/3 weeks, Isla now poops 4-5 times a day. I don't mind cleaning her up at all, she is in cloth nappies though which require pre soaking before washing, I know in the long run it's saving us money and helping the environment, but heading down to our buildings laundry room every second or third day is brutal.   

I can't remember what my first 2 were like, but the youngest was the same as yours with dirty nappies while exclusively breastfed. 

Comgratulations!

Update for Falcor Roar

Name Children Grandchildren Name
Stewarty Mac 1 2 The Phoenix
Pollymac 1 6 heedthebaa
Skyline Drifter 2 1 Bold Rover
Napolean Dynamite 1 7 Jacksgranda
Half A Person 1 1 scottsdad
    1 Raidernation
The Chief (Hamilton Aca) 1 1 printer
Ebanda's Handyman 1 2 keithgy
Reading Saintee 2 2 supermik
Haitch 1 1 Eednud
Reina 2 1 Granny danger
nelsjfc 2 2 Romeo
MB 1 2 expatowner
G_Man1985 2 2 kingjoey
Ceske 1 31 Total
f_c_dundee 1 Great grandchildren  
seamus 1 1 Jacksgranda
Waspie 2 1 Total
Cargen Qos 1    
Hey! Ho! Jambo! 1    
LOL @ Celtic 1    
lichtie23 3    
endieinreekie 1    
BigBadSaint 1    
Suspect Device 1    
Thundermonkey 1    
gypoarmy 1    
savagecabbage 1    
bairnPunter 1    
walter fitz gilbert 1    
Whistle Blower 1    
chico 1    
Mozza Mozza 1    
Gnash 2    
die hard doonhamer 3    
rajpelt 1    
RH33 2    
Mallo_Madrid 2    
Shuggie_Murray7 3    
bobby carlos 2    
paisley saints 1    
Adam & Lisa Cuddy 1    
greenockraver 1    
gingapar 1    
diamonds2002 2    
Adolfo Rios 1    
Swarley 2    
Tynierose 1    
Polomoney 1    
one m in Motherwell 1    
kanadia 1    
Uncle Physchosis 1    
ditots 1    
Addie 2    
CooCoothenoo 1    
baillieinleeds 1    
groaninjock 1    
Mr.Blue 1    
Gaz 3    
Fife saint 1    
madwullie 2    
11thHour 1    
MB 1    
Raithie 1    
Stagmaster 1    
pandarilla 2    
Nkomo-A-Gogo 2    
CLANCY2KTID 1    
1888bhoy67 3    
Jamie_Beatson 2    
el buitre 2    
RaithRyan 1    
The Wolf 1    
Greenlantern 1    
deadasdillinger 1    
energyzone 2    
mozam76 1    
scottsdad 1    
KiwiDB 2    
Steven Seagal* 1    
lightscamera 2    
carpetmonster 1    
Le Tout P'ti FC 1    
Bobby Skidmarks 2    
Gaz 2    
Heed 1    
We Are Elgin 2    
Nelly'78 1    
stimpy 1    
weirdcal 2    
Scary Bear 3    
milton75 1    
Dee Dee 2    
sparky88 1    
Desp 1    
8MileBU 1    
The Ginger Prince 2    
gav-ffc 1    
pub car king 2    
KnightswoodBear 3    
DarkBlue62 2    
RoversMad 1    
HMFC Mitchy 1    
Deefiant 3    
11thHour 2    
Ando 3    
Penny Lane 1    
Bambino7 2    
K.T. 1    
SlipperyP 3    
banana 2    
Sweet Pete 2    
Anonymous Spider 1    
Glen Medieros 1    
Bear in Sweden 2    
the snudge 1    
Septentrional Wasp 2    
Scotty79 1    
jmothecat 2    
mattydfc93 1    
streetwisehercules 1    
ally 2    
Adamski 2    
LoonsYouthTeam 1    
sjc 1    
Honest Saints Fan &Rugster 2    
Bairnardo 2    
Saigon Raider 2    
steelmen 1    
Ayrshire-SFC 1    
Dicko23 1    
StandFree03 1    
spacekid84 1    
19QOS19 2    
Tartantony 2    
mcintyre_gmfc 2    
Wren Road 1    
gkneill 2    
The Woolshed 2    
BigBo10 2    
Tommy Nooka 1    
placidcasual 1    
dave.j 2    
Toma_BullyWee 1    
++Ammo - Airdrie++ 1    
Dindeleux 1    
forameus 1    
Jimmy85 1    
Stuarty 1    
fanny paddery 1    
paisleysaints 1    
wellboy1991 1    
The Equalizer 1    
stumigo 1    
EH75 1    
PB1994 1    
PB 4.2 1    
pleslie99 1    
dysartrovers 3    
grumswall 1    
ShaggysBeard 2    
ICTChris 1    
throbber 2    
Disco30 1    
Inanimate Carbon Rod 1    
Wardy 1    
Neiljb 1    
K.T. 1    
Ingo ohne Flamingo 1    
MOrtonfc 1    
Aufc 2    
MP_MFC 1    
Northsea80 1    
.Stuart. 2    
FalkirkBairn93 1    
KillieCon 1    
Illgresi 1    
Busta Nut 1    
Ross. 1    
tree house tam 1    
MixuFruit 1    
Salvo Montalbano 1    
Crawford Bridge 1    
JamesP_81 1    
thistledo 1    
robosaint 1    
Torpar 1    
Brummie Clyde 1    
mishtergrolsch 1    
Carl Cort's Hamstring 1    
craigkillie 1    
Falcor Roar 1    

Edited by Jacksgranda

14 hours ago, keithgy said:

It is now a year since the kids have seen their mother.

I'm sure Maisie won't remember her - and she still has her dad playing a part in her life, doesn't she? - but Ben maybe takes it a wee bit harder.