Pregnancy And Parenting

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

:thumsup2

Breaks your heart, but conversely lifts your spirits.

The Bairn's here again, a big 2 yesterday. Considering last year I didn't think she'd see Christmas, never mind 2, it's fantastic. And for the first time since her big scare her colour isn't too bad.

Good stuff JG, they’re so resilient. Glad she’s on the mend and no doubt giving you the run around 👌

50 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How long before we get a call from the school?...

6d1a3f195fb008ac0f005231d50b6b00.jpg

Nico made a get well card for his sister last week,  just loved how the teacher felt the need to explain what it was 🤣

DE7E6C6F-EED2-4B90-939E-951AA981924E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Good stuff JG, they’re so resilient. Glad she’s on the mend and no doubt giving you the run around 👌

She's not the worst of them, heed! :lol:

Although she had another shit fit today when she couldn't get to the park!

11 year old grandson has a reading age of 14, and has come on leaps and bounds this last year. He's knuckled down and worked really hard this year.

His wee sister also got a good report and is really good at art. Hardly surprising as her mother and one of her aunts are excellent artists and another aunt has a good eye for design (as does her mother).

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

11 year old grandson has a reading age of 14, and has come on leaps and bounds this last year. He's knuckled down and worked really hard this year.

His wee sister also got a good report and is really good at art. Hardly surprising as her mother and one of her aunts are excellent artists and another aunt has a good eye for design (as does her mother).

Ben is struggling at school due to trauma and going to an enhanced learning placement after the summer,our daughter has still not had her baby.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Apparently he was getting bullied, but the perpetrator left and wasn't there last year, that's the main reason he's done well. He never mentioned it to us.

Edited by Jacksgranda

The bairn and her 4 year old sister are back as their mother has a pain in her arm and difficulty breathing and has an appointment this morning. She was diagnosed over the phone with COPD on Monday, but today is a face to face appointment.

So they'll be here for at least today, I'd imagine.

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The bairn and her 4 year old sister are back as their mother has a pain in her arm and difficulty breathing and has an appointment this morning. She was diagnosed over the phone with COPD on Monday, but today is a face to face appointment.

By now at least your car should be washed and the chimney swept. 

Scott has 5 higher exams coming up. Just got the timetable through - first two nicely spaced apart with a week between them, then his final three in a week (Monday, Thursday, Friday). 

He's in school today for a studying session with his history teacher. 

On 06/04/2022 at 07:50, Jacksgranda said:

Big brother collected them yesterday evening.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

20220406_182705.thumb.jpg.ab1398398ded94f2c0bc109278466e1c.jpg

Baby RG, born two days ago. Hungry as f**k and hates being out your arms, but by god what an effect they have on you. Wee guys just class.

Congratulations mate, it’s tough but it really is great fun too. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

20220406_182705.thumb.jpg.ab1398398ded94f2c0bc109278466e1c.jpg

Baby RG, born two days ago. Hungry as f**k and hates being out your arms, but by god what an effect they have on you. Wee guys just class.

Roddy Grant is a solid name for a baby saintee. Nice choice.

I eagerly await the bairn's performance stats over the next few months. 

Congratulations amigo.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The Bairn is sitting here getting stuck into her big sister's curry fried rice. Her cousin better watch out, or she'll be grabbing some of his.

Does she not get her own food? 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

2 year olds tend to find everyone else's plate more interesting.

Aye they do. I mind my pal would put an adult plate in front of her two year old, while my pal would have the wean's plate in front of her. The wean would, of course, ignore the food in front of her and make an immediate beeline for my pal's plate (which was hers all along). Genius, if untenable in the long term.

Found out just before the super bowl that Mrs Grant228 was pregnant, had the 12 week scan on Thursday and everything seems in order, was magical seing it move and seing the heartbeat, already had a couple of scares but with it being the first, every small problem seems like a big problem!

Has anyone got any good books they'd recommend?