Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

My daughter has texted me. She was cooking in home economics this morning for the very first time.

Whatever concoction she has produced, I will be the guinea pig this evening. Pretty scared to be honest.

Don't  worry, if it's  like my old school someone will launch into the road or on to a roof.

We didn’t bother finding out with the first one and I don’t think we will with the second. As long as it’s got the requisite number of limbs and heads, then the rest of it don’t matter so much. 

ETA - ideally four and one, for avoidance of doubt. 

Edited by carpetmonster

We were in a bit of a hurry to get back down the road to lift granddaughter nr 8 from school. As we approached a set of traffic lights, a woman pressed the pedestrian button and the lights turned red. "F**k you", says I. Granddaughter nr 9 pipes up from the back seat "Granda, people have to cross the road".

Edited by Jacksgranda
Grandma

10 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Big life milestone today as she did her first shite containing a fully intact sweetcorn kernel. Stood and marveled at it for a good 3 minutes (her, not me) before the wife told her to stop being rank and flush it. 

Nothing wrong with marveling / inspecting a good jobby tbh. 

Had a day off yesterday so took my kids and my dad fishing.

Didn't catch any, but had a great time nonetheless. Plenty of fish jumping out of the water.

I managed to catch sticks and weeds. My son caught a tree. Turns out bank fishing isn't as easy as boat fishing.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Had a day off yesterday so took my kids and my dad fishing.

Didn't catch any, but had a great time nonetheless. Plenty of fish jumping out of the water.

I managed to catch sticks and weeds. My son caught a tree. Turns out bank fishing isn't as easy as boat fishing.

53A7DC25-F7CE-428F-A3E8-553E2013EDC4.gif

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

As a mate of mine once remarked "It's hard to beat a good shite".

Wise words. 

In other news...

JCJjaa9.jpg

In case no one got the meme, missus is currently carrying number 2. Can't believe we're doing this again man. Still, the second one is easier right. Right? 

Edited by thistledo

10 minutes ago, thistledo said:

In case no one got the meme, missus is currently carrying number 2. Can't believe we're doing this again man. Still, the second one is easier right. Right? 

Congratulations.

In my experience. Yes.

I found with our second one we were so much more relaxed it reflected on number 2. 

35 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Aye, after two they start bringing up themselves...