Pregnancy And Parenting

So having been called for for Naimh again today, I've given 4 weeks notice on her nursery place as she simply isn't a well enough baby. I'm paying for her place then not using it plus loosing salary becuase I 'm having to leave work. Had a brief chat with my work and they are happy to let me go to weekends only. Stress!

What a thoroughly useful thread :)

Became a dad for the first time on Feb 26th to Amelia. There was a wee scare to begin with and she was in the high dependency unit for a day or so but since then everything's been great. Think we've been very lucky because she sleeps between 10 and 12 hours a night. She got her first jags on Tuesday and it doesn't seem to faze her at all. I appear to have a very chilled out baby! Just trying to keep up the schedule for visiting relatives etc... "Ooh, we've not seen her for 20 minutes." Still, all good fun. We took her to see my 94 year old gran on the way home from hospital to tell her Amelia had her name as her middle name. She's my gran's first great grandchild so she got a bit choked up.

I asked at the same age and was told the earliest they would refer was 3.5. The development in his speach in the last year has been amazing. Also very very long waiting lists to see them.

Harry had his first day in nursery today as LM was back on placement and I had exam. Charlie was in also so I was a bit less stressed as if he got upset they could bring his big brother through from the 3-5 room for a bit.

I needn't have worried, they said he was one of the best children they have ever had! So apart from the stress of getting them both on the bus on my own it seems to have been a total success!

Edited by Adam

However has anybodys kid been to a speech therapist? Our health visitor said it may be a good idea for my oldest son (two and a half years old) to go to see one.

I asked at the same age and was told the earliest they would refer was 3.5. The development in his speach in the last year has been amazing. Also very very long waiting lists to see them.

Thomas was referred to both speech and occupational therapists before his third birthday. It was more to do with his dexterity and his attentiveness than any issues with his speech though. They just told us they tend to refer to both if referring to either. Speech therapy were perfectly happy with him and although they will have him back in and monitor him at some point they aren't working with him.

Well Theresa has started the early stages of labour, they're 20 minutes apart and getting stronger. 4 cups of coffee in half an hour, it's gonna be a long night.

Yep, good luck. Timing is really bad when it starts now just before you would be going to bed. You'll end up being awake for the better part of two days most likely which just adds to the exhaustion. That was the position for us with Number 2. Contractions started about 7:30pm and Steven didn't appear until almost 5pm the next afternoon.

All the best. :D

Yep, good luck. Timing is really bad when it starts now just before you would be going to bed. You'll end up being awake for the better part of two days most likely which just adds to the exhaustion. That was the position for us with Number 2. Contractions started about 7:30pm and Steven didn't appear until almost 5pm the next afternoon.

All the best. :D

Yea, i'm going for espresso shortly. Thanks mate.

Well is this bairn here yet?

Yes mate, it's a girl. She was 8lb 13oz and her name is Emily, she was born at St james's at 5am. Both mother and baby are fine, and a shattered dad :)

Congrats, Baillie. I suppose you're wrapped round her wee finger already!

Totally, i'm in awe. Theresa was amazing, i won't lie. But the tears were streaming down my face. Just going to have a quick shower and get back along to hospital, they're keeping her in over night as she's breast feeding and want to make sure she's latching on. Ta dude.;)