Pregnancy And Parenting

My wee boy's just climbed out of his cot, he's nearly 2 should we have had him in a bed by now? Given me the absolute fright of my life!

Do YOU think he should have been in a bed by now? There's your answer. You know him better than anyone else. Our youngest is 3 in September and still in his cot. We tried a bed a while back. First night was fine, the following week was a bloody nightmare. He wouldn't settle in it once he realised he could get out

When my son was about 18 months he always climbed out of his cot. Every fucking night and made a right pest of himself coming to our room. I decided that he should have his own bed rather than a cot on the simple basis that he won't be less of a pest but that he won't damage himself if he fell off the side of the cot.

It's a massive cot, the bit that worries me the most is that he could hurt himself as he was howling when he came running out of his room, and he must've came over the side head first.

He told he wants a batman big boy bed, so a trip to Argos is on the cards tomorrow!

When my son was about 18 months he always climbed out of his cot. Every fucking night and made a right pest of himself coming to our room. I decided that he should have his own bed rather than a cot on the simple basis that he won't be less of a pest but that he won't damage himself if he fell off the side of the cot.

Ours has climbed out a couple of times and we're not sure how he did it but we've moved every toybox and bit of furniture away from the cot and he's not done it since, so out best guess is that he was using something to climb on. I didn't even think there had been anything he could climb on but he obviously knows better!

• 2 weeks later...

had the 20 week scan. found out what we are having (not telling though, my nieces and nephews are having a competition on who's right and even adults are joining in) everything else is going ok., this is flying in!!

found our buggy and bought some baby stuff for xmas as baby will be with us in time.

exciting times

My 3 week old son is having a hard time sleeping at night just now. It sounds as if he is struggling for breath and making some horrible noises during the night. We have droplets to give him in case he has a little cold but these appear to be making no difference.

Anybody had similar issues?

My 3 week old son is having a hard time sleeping at night just now. It sounds as if he is struggling for breath and making some horrible noises during the night. We have droplets to give him in case he has a little cold but these appear to be making no difference.

Anybody had similar issues?

Have you tried raising the head end of his mattress? If he's on a moses bakery fold up a blanket and put it underneath it. It usually helps our 2 when they are a bit choked up.

Well, I got my letter from the hospital back. My gargle test came beck negative for sperm. Great news, I was starting to worry that I'd have to go back in and get it done again.

Now I'm all soup and no croutons.

I haven't had a proper nights sleep in five years, the wee shi....angel will not stay in her own bed at night and i'm too tired to do anything about the endless cycle.

It doesn't help that children seem to have at least six pairs of elbows/knees!

In between children I forgot about the tense achingly slow walk up stairs with them at 4.30am and the soul crushing moment of the cry the minute their head feels the mattress.

Then they have the cheek to smile.

Edited by nelsjfc

The wee one went for her first set of injections today, the look of pure horror as her happy face crumbled in front of me was heartbreaking.

I'm sure she's been eyeing me suspiciously since then.

My wife had the bairn plugged onto the breast at innoculation time. Worked a treat, sort of......... :)