Pregnancy And Parenting

Hello!

Out of curiosity, what age will a kid be (about) when he/she reaches 20 kilos (just over 3 stone)? Am looking into strollers etc and I'd like to get one that will last a few years.

Hello!

Out of curiosity, what age will a kid be (about) when he/she reaches 20 kilos (just over 3 stone)? Am looking into strollers etc and I'd like to get one that will last a few years.

Looking at the charts in the health records for our two, a child on 50th centile (truly average) should get to 20kg at about 5.5 years old! Even on the 99th centile he would be over 3 years old (that's for boys, I imagine girls are slightly different).

Thomas was 13 kg when last weighed at 2yrs 1 month though he's quite a thin wee boy. Steven was over 10kg at the same time and he's a year younger.

I wouldn't worry about it, they'll be long past being stuck in strollers before the weight is an issue. Thomas is mostly walking about himself with reins now instead of in the stroller already.

Looking at the charts in the health records for our two, a child on 50th centile (truly average) should get to 20kg at about 5.5 years old! Even on the 99th centile he would be over 3 years old (that's for boys, I imagine girls are slightly different).

Thomas was 13 kg when last weighed at 2yrs 1 month though he's quite a thin wee boy. Steven was over 10kg at the same time and he's a year younger.

I wouldn't worry about it, they'll be long past being stuck in strollers before the weight is an issue. Thomas is mostly walking about himself with reins now instead of in the stroller already.

Thanks

You've all been there so hopefully you can sympathise. The amount of choice for everything, strollers, car seats, nappies everything is almost overwhelming.

Thanks

You've all been there so hopefully you can sympathise. The amount of choice for everything, strollers, car seats, nappies everything is almost overwhelming.

Yeah, Ethan is jsut over 3 stone and he'll be 4 next month.

Dont let anyone on here tell you otherwise, but Phill & Teds is the way to go buggy wise ;)

My little lady!

You might want to try holding her the right way up :P

Edited by Mr X

Yeah, Ethan is jsut over 3 stone and he'll be 4 next month.

Dont let anyone on here tell you otherwise, but Phill & Teds is the way to go buggy wise ;)

You might want to try holding her the right way up :P

I believe the last time they were discussed on here you were in the minority! :P

She loves being hung by her ankles :lol:

I believe the last time they were discussed on here you were in the minority! :P

She loves being hung by her ankles :lol:

If Rowans showing off... So am I :lol:

post-13875-0-68981600-1306245430_thumb.j

He had three nights in a row of uncrontrollable crying, he seemed in so much paid. It was awful. Of coure our first thoughts we're colic but the last two or three nights he's been perfectly fine so we're dead chuffed about that. Wee man was probably just bagged up with wind.

Loving being a Dad so far, really enjoying it and starting to get used to the night feeds, eventually. ;)

Edited by Cyber_soccer

:lol: See if I find the bloke that invented hormones, I'm going to stab him in the kidneys.

Us chaps get them too, although rather than making us grumpy, we just get stauners at the back of the bus. Aye, stabbing in the kidneys is probably fair.

Hello!

That should last a wee while, Cameron is 3 and a half, and is 2 stone 10

Cheers guys

She's a wee miracle chico. Took 4 days before they would tell us she would pull through. She has HIE, Hypoxic Ischaemic Encephalopathy Grade 2 (moderate) so a long road ahead for Ava. Her mum and Dad (who i'm so proud of) me and her granny are so up for the task though

All the best.