Pregnancy And Parenting

Baby girl Madison made her appearance this afternoon at 1.23pm after only 38 weeks. She weighed in at 6 lbs 8 oz and mother and child are fine.

Well done bud.

Thomas has spent the last day and a bit so far in Ward 15 at DGRI struggling to breath, on a multitude of drugs and monitors and having regular blood samples taken. Wee man. :(

Fortunately beginning to respond to treatment but the doctors have said they were extremely worried about him last night and he wasn't far away from being sent to Yorkhill and needing assistance with his breathing. Absolute worst nightmare. Just about to head back up to hospital now.

Thomas has spent the last day and a bit so far in Ward 15 at DGRI struggling to breath, on a multitude of drugs and monitors and having regular blood samples taken. Wee man. :(

Fortunately beginning to respond to treatment but the doctors have said they were extremely worried about him last night and he wasn't far away from being sent to Yorkhill and needing assistance with his breathing. Absolute worst nightmare. Just about to head back up to hospital now.

Jesus! Any idea what's causing it? Hope he's better soon.

My thoughts are with you. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

That's terrible. I hope he's ok, at least he's responding to the treatment.

Baby girl Madison made her appearance this afternoon at 1.23pm after only 38 weeks. She weighed in at 6 lbs 8 oz and mother and child are fine.

congrats shuggie :)

keep the heed up SD. They're hardier than what we think

Thanks all.

Continues to improve and has been much better this evening, though the obtaining a blood sample incident wasn't pleasant! He's well enough now not only to be having the drugs cut down but also to be fighting them off when they try to actually treat him. Yesterday he didn't even bother. :(

Daddy got a big hug tonight (so did mummy and grandpa) and he fell into deep sleep about 8:30 for the first time in two days. Hope he has a good night but even then his oxygen levels were dropping in his sleep and he had to get a facemask on.

I'm away to try to get some sleep and be back up there first thing in the morning. Mummy is staying overnight and Steven is with his grandparents.

It was my birthday today but I'm refusing to acknowledge it or open anything until Thomas is back with us. Hopefully by the weekend.............

Take care SD and I hope the wee man continues to improve.

My little lady has another cold, she had one when she was about 2 weeks old and ended up in hospital. I'm taking her to the GP this morning as a precaution. Think it's probably steamed from the snotty nose Ruairidh has but him being that bit bigger that's all it's come to. He's off to nursery today, so long as they don't have a temp they say to send them. Joys of having kids, they pass it between themselves and you!

Edited by Rowan

We've just found out that we're expecting our first! A bit of a surprise and I'm still getting over the shock of it all :)

I have to say the constant feeling of sickness/tiredness is starting to get to me - I'm hoping it passes soon! Will soldier on though, and try ginger tea to help (not sure if thsi will actually work, but at this stage I'm willing to try anything!!)

We've just found out that we're expecting our first! A bit of a surprise and I'm still getting over the shock of it all :)

I have to say the constant feeling of sickness/tiredness is starting to get to me - I'm hoping it passes soon! Will soldier on though, and try ginger tea to help (not sure if thsi will actually work, but at this stage I'm willing to try anything!!)

Congrats!

All drugs and fluid drips withdrawn at 2:30pm today. :) He's also off all extra oxyen and keeping his levels up fine himself. Still getting inhalers but they've been cut back to every 3 or 4 hours now too.

He's much improved today and had a solid night's sleep too. His brother has been up to visit him (and terrorised the ward).

Hopefully he'll be home tomorrow but he's going to have to visit a respiratory clinic moving forward and take something daily for the next year or two to try to prevent this happening again or at least happening so dramatically if it does happen.