Pregnancy And Parenting

I was invited to a baby shower this week. I couldn't make it, but what's the script with this?

I'm not really into these American themed parties. I would rather buy the baby a gift once it's born. They don't even know the sex yet.

This is just a bit weird, eh?

I was invited to a baby shower this week. I couldn't make it, but what's the script with this?

I'm not really into these American themed parties. I would rather buy the baby a gift once it's born. They don't even know the sex yet.

This is just a bit weird, eh?

I agree.

Nuala was 6 months on Friday there.

What's the script with baby showers? Do you get a gift, and then another one when the kid is born?

My sister in law arranged her own in a restaurant, where each person had to pay to go, when she was only 4 months gone :blink:. Just because you are pregnant you must be showered with gifts? How cheeky is that?

Grandson nr 5, who's 3, fell out with his mother yesterday and informed her he was "going to walk to hannies (grannies) and live there"!

Fortunately they made up, I don't mind him visiting but I don't fancy looking after him full time!

Guess who came charging out the door, screaming at the top of his voice, to hug my knees when I landed home the night? Grandson nr 5, that'll teach me to casually mention, as I did last night, that it was a lot easier looking after 1 than 2. (His brother is 2, and when we have the 2 of them overnight it's bedlam.)

• 3 weeks later...

My wee Joseph was born on friday 13th at 4pm exactly weighing 7 lbs 15 oz. He was born to Faith No More's Easy, which suits his wee groovy and chilled out personality! :D

Got home yesterday after what felt a life time. Midwives were fucking amazing, what an incredible bunch of people.

Cannae stop greetin with happiness. He's just perfect. My favourite smell in the world!

My wee Joseph was born on friday 13th at 4pm exactly weighing 7 lbs 15 oz. He was born to Faith No More's Easy, which suits his wee groovy and chilled out personality! :D

Got home yesterday after what felt a life time. Midwives were fucking amazing, what an incredible bunch of people.

Cannae stop greetin with happiness. He's just perfect. My favourite smell in the world!

Congratulations. Hope the first few weeks are as chilled out!

12 weeks till number two is due. Wife not looking like lasting that long though!

• 1 month later...

Being a Granddad is the best gig in the world...

600881_582925408439733_1273449705_n.jpg

been up since 4am wi the eldest, so am just no buying this right now ha ha ha

Cracking photo, two fine looking lads

Edited by heedthebaa

Well that's the mrs handed me a envelope which contained a positive test,

8 months after our last, and that's number 7 on the way,

don't know wether jump for joy or have a nervous breakdown!!!

Well that's the mrs handed me a envelope which contained a positive test,

8 months after our last, and that's number 7 on the way,

don't know wether jump for joy or have a nervous breakdown!!!

Who says you can't do both? :lol:

I knew when I saw you'd posted what you were going to say. Congratulations!