Pregnancy And Parenting

The tooth fairy will be making its first visit to my house tonight..Just intime for my cousins wedding next week Can't believe how small the tooth is though, I don't remember my own being as small as the hers is

Edited by lightscamera

Any tips for getting a 4 year old to crap more than once a week?

Not more fruit, water, lactulose or califig because we've tried all these.

Any other suggestions? She's got a bit of a phobia about going (still - I thought she'd grow out of it) so tends to try and keep it in.

Explaining that it'll be really sore doesn't work either.

Any other suggestions? She's got a bit of a phobia about going (still - I thought she'd grow out of it) so tends to try and keep it in.

My 3 year old is the same. I'm actually thinking of trying the GP and seeing what he recommends. I'm sure once he's had a few easier goes, he'll be fine but, like your daughter, he just won't until it becomes an accident and he gets even more upset about it.

I work with a girl who's daughter who must be P5 now and still has difficulties going. Think she goes about once a month (if lucky). She just bloats and bloats until she ends up having accidents. Sure she is/was given sachets of stuff to take about 4 times a day but that doesn't help. It does seem to be pretty closely linked to pains going when they are younger that scares them into holding it in. The docs, in Dundee anyway, don't seem to really know much about why it's happening and how to properly help

Had this bother a couple of months back with my 4 year old. I ended up getting the pharmacist at the local boots to prescribe and give us Lactulose (sp?) as they were out of movacol. Movacol you can buy and add to drinks and it really does the business.

Speak to your GP or just go into a Boots and ask, but for my money movacol works a treat.

Had this bother a couple of months back with my 4 year old. I ended up getting the pharmacist at the local boots to prescribe and give us Lactulose (sp?) as they were out of movacol. Movacol you can buy and add to drinks and it really does the business.

Speak to your GP or just go into a Boots and ask, but for my money movacol works a treat.

Cheers.

We've tried the Lactulose and syrup of figs but not this Movacol yet. might give it a go. The problem is you don't want it to work too well and she has accidents that just make her more stressed about going.

Seems that it might not be prescribed for under 12 but I will check with the doctor/chemist.

Edited by Suspect Device

Cheers.

We've tried the Lactulose and syrup of figs but not this Movacol yet. might give it a go. The problem is you don't want it to work too well and she has accidents that just make her more stressed about going.

Seems that it might not be prescribed for under 12 but I will check with the doctor/chemist.

There is a paediatric Movicol you should be able to get in the pharmacy. Movicol Junior.

G-man, my son still has regular crapping himself incidents and he's 6 but since he started school in August it's only happened there once.

The nurse explained it as he'll only crap when he's comfortable so he's more likely to hold it in until he gets home.

12 months ago he was still having daily accidents but it's down to 2-3 times a week.