Pregnancy And Parenting

5 Weeks till our little girl is due.

Mrs has been on tablets which seemed to have slowed down her growth so shes measuring about 32 1/2 weeks for being 35 weeks exactly.

Few scans next week and if she still hasn`t grown enough she may be delivered earlier than usual, very excited and her cot arrived today so i need to get that built, not for use but for our cats to get used to so they know to stay the hell away.

My first measured big and was little.

My second measured little and was bang on average

By third told them not to bother guessing!

Oldest, 5, has chickenpox. Thankfully doesn't seem to be bothering her. Encouraging her to play plenty with her little sister at the moment.

She's available for parties. 5er for a visit, 10er she'll cough all over your kids.

Spent last night at Forth Valley Hospital again,Ben was not moving and our daughter was worried.

Everything is ok thought and got a cracking view of him on the scan.

Never good bet the lil bugger doesn't stop moving once he's born

Spent last night at Forth Valley Hospital again,Ben was not moving and our daughter was worried.

Everything is ok thought and got a cracking view of him on the scan.

You've had plenty of excitement with this one and he isn't even here yet!

Hope all goes well in the next two months, sounds like he might make an earlier appearance than anticipated.

You've had plenty of excitement with this one and he isn't even here yet!

Hope all goes well in the next two months, sounds like he might make an earlier appearance than anticipated.

That is what we are thinking,his head is down and I think he will be here sooner that expected.

Edited by keithgy

My missus has been diagnosed with pregnancy. Told she should be over it by the 10th of October though. Can't wait till everything's back to normal.

Congrats. However it's now time for a Wasp to be stung.

Sorry, but normality is history...

My missus has been diagnosed with pregnancy. Told she should be over it by the 10th of October though. Can't wait till everything's back to normal.

Yeah good luck with that "getting back to normal" thing.

My 5 year old has decided she will now freak me the f**k out in the middle of the night by having night terrors.

Has anyone had the pleasure of these terrifying outbursts?

I've never seen anything like it, she will be absolutely distraught with fear and barely recognises anyone that comes near her.

Real terror you can't console as they are still sleeping really, she did it 2/3 times last night and I am cream crackered now.

Quite upsetting at the time as you think you'd be able settle them down yet you only seem to make it worse by trying to help.....maybe that's just me though? :huh:

My 5 year old has decided she will now freak me the f**k out in the middle of the night by having night terrors.

I've never seen anything like it, she will be absolutely distraught with fear and barely recognises anyone that comes near her.

Real terror you can't console as they are still sleeping really, she did it 2/3 times last night and I am cream crackered now.

Quite upsetting at the time as you think you'd be able settle them down yet you only seem to make it worse by trying to help.....maybe that's just me though? :huh:

My step daughter is six and when you go through to see why she's crying it's like something out of the exorcist. She's just totally thrashing about on the bed crying, we get her up and take her to the living room for a drink then once she's calmed down get her settled in bed again.

It's no nice.

Our oldest girl, 5, gets this when she has a fever. Just have to slowly get her to come round and settle her best we can.

It pretty unsettling though. She never remembers much in the morning either.

My step daughter is six and when you go through to see why she's crying it's like something out of the exorcist. She's just totally thrashing about on the bed crying, we get her up and take her to the living room for a drink then once she's calmed down get her settled in bed again.

It's no nice.

Our oldest girl, 5, gets this when she has a fever. Just have to slowly get her to come round and settle her best we can.

It pretty unsettling though. She never remembers much in the morning either.

That's kind of what we did, put the big light on in our room and just sat with her till she came round, it's frightening stuff though.

I got a phone call from her mother while I was at work, the wee shite told her she 'had a good dream last night'. :lol:

Are night terrors more common in older kids? From what people have been saying on here it sounds like my 3 year old has had bouts of these. He's probably had about 3 in total, the last of which were 2 in one night. My wife wasn't well several weeks ago so spent a couple of nights in hospital so trust him to have these when I was in the house on my own. Heard him crying during the night and went through and like someone mentioned, it was like something out The Exorcist. Thrashing about, screaming and no amount of talking to him would calm him down. Really felt like he was still in a deep sleep. Couldn't get him to settle in his own bed so took him through beside me where we both fell asleep. Heard him crying again and woke up to see him make a frantic dash for the bedroom door then he ran out into the hallway and started running about in hysterics. Was rather scary. Thought sitting down in the hall to bring me down to his level would calm him down but no, he'd run and hide behind the bathroom door and peek out occasionally and start screaming again. Then, just like that, he was fine, almost that he had either snapped out of it or had woke up, or both.

Are night terrors more common in older kids? From what people have been saying on here it sounds like my 3 year old has had bouts of these. He's probably had about 3 in total, the last of which were 2 in one night. My wife wasn't well several weeks ago so spent a couple of nights in hospital so trust him to have these when I was in the house on my own. Heard him crying during the night and went through and like someone mentioned, it was like something out The Exorcist. Thrashing about, screaming and no amount of talking to him would calm him down. Really felt like he was still in a deep sleep. Couldn't get him to settle in his own bed so took him through beside me where we both fell asleep. Heard him crying again and woke up to see him make a frantic dash for the bedroom door then he ran out into the hallway and started running about in hysterics. Was rather scary. Thought sitting down in the hall to bring me down to his level would calm him down but no, he'd run and hide behind the bathroom door and peek out occasionally and start screaming again. Then, just like that, he was fine, almost that he had either snapped out of it or had woke up, or both.

Aye, it's freaky alright. She kept pointing at nothing and then screaming and shouting in terror as if 'it' was coming to get her.

It's upsetting because you just want her to notice you and realise that she is safe and everything is OK.

I've read a wee bit about them now and I don't think there is much you can do other than ride it out.