Pregnancy And Parenting

My 5 year old has decided she will now freak me the f**k out in the middle of the night by having night terrors.

Has anyone had the pleasure of these terrifying outbursts?

I've never seen anything like it, she will be absolutely distraught with fear and barely recognises anyone that comes near her.

Real terror you can't console as they are still sleeping really, she did it 2/3 times last night and I am cream crackered now.

Quite upsetting at the time as you think you'd be able settle them down yet you only seem to make it worse by trying to help.....maybe that's just me though? :huh:

been through that. not pleasant for all involved. sometimes episode lasted about half an hour. being the selfish p***k that i am, i did the bare minimum and left it to the wife (i'd be up at six for work)

i was told by someone at work about a link to all sorts of problems with a kid thats had a cesarian birth. apparantly taking them to a chiropractor can work wonders (although very expensive!!)

Is your colleague married to a chiropractor?

I went out shopping with the better half and kids yesterday. As per, they got spoiled. Madison ended up getting a binch of DVD's, including Finding Nemo.

Fast forward to today we had a family christening. One of my girlfriends cousins started talking to us when Madison utters "My dad bought a blue movie" about half a dozen time at the top of voice. Manu of you know, the case for Finding Nemo is a blue colour.

Que a batch of strange looks, laughs and ridicule.

Baby was born on Sunday, my gf (her mum) is discharged today. Baby is premature so in intensive care but stable. Now the gf is discharged (and baby isnt down the corridor from us)I feel so guilty being at home when my daughter is at hospital.

Baby was born on Sunday, my gf (her mum) is discharged today. Baby is premature so in intensive care but stable. Now the gf is discharged (and baby isnt down the corridor from us)I feel so guilty being at home when my daughter is at hospital.

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear: 3

Rowan 3

Reina 2

Lm 1

Swarley 2

Mozza 1

Skyline Drifter - 2

die hard doonhamer - 2

Scottsdad - 1

Bobby Skidmarks - 1

Weirdcal - 1

Mallo_Madrid -2

Shuggie - 2

lightscamera - 2

Nelsjfc - 2

G_Man1985 - 2

energyzone -1

Gaz -2

milton75 -1

mozam76 -1

gav-ffc - 1/2

pub car king -1 + 1/3

bobby carlos - 2

Nelly 78 - 1

Desp - 2/3

Sparky88 - 1

Duffman/Gunther - 1?

Running total - 40 + 1/2 + 1/3 + 2/3

Grandchildren: JG - 4 + 1/4

Romeo - 2

Keithgy - 1/2

heedthebaa -3

Grand total - 49 + 2 x 1/2 + 1/3 + 2/3 + 1/4

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear: 3

Rowan 3

Reina 2

Lm 1

Swarley 2

Mozza 1

Skyline Drifter - 2........

I like that's your first reaction! 1 more for the p'n'b swimmers. :lol:

Congrats, sparks.

Twins potty training update. They don't say they're needing a wee wee but now straddle above the potty and let loose. If they would only take their undies off before doing so. One of them even does laps of the living room, celebrating like he's scored the winner in a cup final shouting "apple juice apple juice". Progress is progress though and encouragement is the key, I believe.

Twins potty training update. They don't say they're needing a wee wee but now straddle above the potty and let loose. If they would only take their undies off before doing so. One of them even does laps of the living room, celebrating like he's scored the winner in a cup final shouting "apple juice apple juice". Progress is progress though and encouragement is the key, I believe.

He knows what it's for, that's the important thing!

We are now an official nappy-free house. The youngest was waking with dry nappies more often than not and then I forgot to get more this week so we ran out and thought we'd just go without altogether. He's happy, he's been asking to go without some nights but was always reluctant to go to the toilet before bed until now. 3 dry nights out of 3 so far so we're happy too.

I will never have to buy nappies again. :D

My little one has the chicken pox (as does half the school and nursery). She hasn't got it too bad, though.

Last night she got her first wobbly tooth, and is feeling really sorry for herself.

Oldest just over them, second has just developed them. Been okay so far. Will be glad to have it done with though.

Any new parents get yourselves on the minor ailments scheme at your chemist. Will save you a fortune.

http://www.enfieldccg.nhs.uk/Downloads/minor%20ailment%20scheme%20patient%20leaflet.pdf

heres details of the aforementioned minor ailments scheme.

I know it says for residents of Enfield but would guess it's the same all over.

Think most chemist must do something like this. When our eldest had them we just went into the chemist and said she had the chicken pox and they gave us Calamine stuff plus some form of medicine. Can't remember what the schemes called in Dundee

The wee one had another night terror last night, I heard some sobbing and when I went into her room to check she started screaming "They're trying to eat me!", took her downstairs and put the lights on, she then began jumping up and down like rumpelstiltskin and started seeing things again, screaming at the top of her voice the whole time(she must have woke the neighbours with this one).

It was by far the worst one yet and I was up at 5.15 this morning to travel to Liverpool, expecting another one to kick off tonight as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Edited by Tommy Nooka