Pregnancy And Parenting

Not sure on the etiquette of a first post on this thread....... but anyone on here got experience of twins? My wife is 21 weeks with twin girls. All seems fine so far but lots of focus at every appointment on the "risks". Currently split 50/50 between excitement and nerves lol.

It's the best thread on P&B and there's no etiquette. Your wee lassies will be delivered safely and you'll delight the thread with a photo after they're born.

You also have sensible input from Dee Dee:

Yeah, I'm the father of twin boys. The worst thing I ever did was Google one of the "risks", I'm purposely not mentioning what it was. Scared the shit out of me. Stay positive, and stay away from Google, as everything will be fine.

Having twins is always more of a worry but fret not, chap. The weans and your Mrs will be fine.

Did anyone experience a bit of difficulty at first dropping them off for Nursery? Our wee one has been in since for the last three months, we had planned to put her in at a year old but her mother got promoted when she was on Maternity and went back to work after 9 months. She handled the phased introduction reasonably well but has struggled since.

She is only in Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays but every time my partner drops her off she cries quite hard. I pick her up around 5ish and she is occasionally being comforted when i go in. The missus is thinking that it might not be the right place for her if shes miserable. The problem is, i think shes being a bit over cautious and we did spend some amount of time looking for the right Nursery and this one looked perfect, despite charging me £52 a day.

Although it has only been 3 months, do any other P&Bers have experience of their kids ^^^ sobbing uncontrollably?

Did anyone experience a bit of difficulty at first dropping them off for Nursery? Our wee one has been in since for the last three months, we had planned to put her in at a year old but her mother got promoted when she was on Maternity and went back to work after 9 months. She handled the phased introduction reasonably well but has struggled since.

She is only in Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays but every time my partner drops her off she cries quite hard. I pick her up around 5ish and she is occasionally being comforted when i go in. The missus is thinking that it might not be the right place for her if shes miserable. The problem is, i think shes being a bit over cautious and we did spend some amount of time looking for the right Nursery and this one looked perfect, despite charging me £52 a day.

Although it has only been 3 months, do any other P&Bers have experience of their kids ^^^ sobbing uncontrollably?

Our two kids have been at nursery since they where 12 weeks old my wife is a self employed hairdresser and basically we couldn't afford her not to work and she has a good clientele which she didn't want to lose, it's only one day a week though and we knew the nursery was good as our nephew went their as a baby as well

Ours was a social inadequate and cried constantly for the first month at nursery. The lassies there really worked wonders though and now he is desperate to get there to see all his friends. Think the inconsolable crying is pretty normal at first.

Eta: ours is still ^^^sobbing uncontrollably on the odd occasion when going in and on the ^^^Verge of tears when we pick him up. It's usually when he's in a bit of a bad mood. Pretty normal stuff I think

Edited by madwullie

£52 is fucking steep! My girls started nursery as their mummy was being shipped into a psyc ward. The middle one was 2 at the time and broke her heart and was yelling mummy as I walked away. By second week she was part of the furniture. 2 years on and they are both still there and happy as pigs in shit! One of the ladies is my daughters 'other mum'!

My son started at 9 months and cried a fair bit but after few weeks settled fine. It's when babies experience seperation anxiety and are wary of strangers anyway so it's normal.

If you looked and researched the nursery then stick with it as it would prob upset them more to move. Ask the staff of they can take couple

Photos during day of what baby is up to so you can see at pick up that's they have settled periods.

52 quid a day? Bargain. I'm currently paying $138 (£68 ) for my 3yo and am about to have to fork out $160 (£78 ) for my 1yo! For those prices I'd expect the employees to be scoffing caviar.

Edited by Swarley

52 quid a day? Bargain. I'm currently paying $138 (£68 ) for my 3yo and am about to have to fork out $160 (£78 ) for my 1yo! For those prices I'd expect the employees children to be scoffing caviar. (even if it is pureed)

52 quid a day? Bargain. I'm currently paying $138 (£68 ) for my 3yo and am about to have to fork out $160 (£78 ) for my 1yo! For those prices I'd expect the employees children to be scoffing caviar. (even if it is pureed)

I'd presume my daughter would turn up her nose at that. She only seems to eat plain pasta. Oh and I should have pointed out that the prices quoted are fairly standard for Sydney, its not a posh place by any stretch of the imagination.

I'd presume my daughter would turn up her nose at that. She only seems to eat plain pasta. Oh and I should have pointed out that the prices quoted are fairly standard for Sydney, its not a posh place by any stretch of the imagination.

A work colleague pays £1,000 a month for child minding during school time (2 of his are at school, so they are only "part time") and more during the holidays when they are all child minded 8 hrs per day.

Wife just told me we pay £350 a month for the 2 kids but luckily that will get slashed when the eldest turns 3 in August

We're £624 for 1, but when they get taken out to go on holiday, they only charge you half price for the time they're not there.

Which is kind of them.

Put me up to 7/8ths! She is almost 36 weeks.

She is still going in to get tested almost everyday. She is still getting told that baby could arrive at any time. Apparently some form of "plug" went during last night, whatever the heck that means next then who knows? I guess the longer baby stays where it is the better but it is getting a little frustrating for my daughter but she knows that as long as baby is fine then it's only a minor hiccup that she is happy to put up with.

My status is now updated to full time Grandad.

Grandson arrived today after 4 hour labour weighing 6lb 6oz, length 52cm. Not too bad for a first baby and just over 4 weeks early.

My status is now updated to full time Grandad.

Grandson arrived today after 4 hour labour weighing 6lb 6oz, length 52cm. Not too bad for a first baby and just over 4 weeks early.

Congratulations - have fun!

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear - 3
Rowan - 3
Reina - 2
Lm - 1
Swarley - 2
Mozza - 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 2
lightscamera - 2

Nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2

energyzone -1

Gaz -2

milton75 -1

mozam76 -1

gav-ffc - 1

pub car king -1 + 1/3

bobby carlos - 2

Nelly 78 - 1

Desp - 1

Sparky88 - 1

8MileBU - 1

The Lochend Brazil - 1

Dee Dee - 2

Septentrional Wasp - 1/2

madwullie - 2

KiwiDB - 1

Kid Twist - 1/3

mattydfc - 1/2

The Woolshed - 2/3

Ally - 2 x 1/2

11thHour - 1/3

Running total - 49 + 2/3 + 4 x 1/2 + 3 x 1/3

Grandchildren: JG - 4 + 1/2

Romeo - 2

Keithgy - 1

heedthebaa - 3

Raidernation - 1

supermik - 1

printer - 1

Grand total - 62 + 1 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 2 x 1/3

We're £624 for 1, but when they get taken out to go on holiday, they only charge you half price for the time they're not there.

Which is kind of them.

Should have said that's 2 kids for 1 day a week we get a bit of discount for having 2 kids but don't get any money back if we go on holiday ect

Bump me up to a 1/2 Jacksgranda.

Found out today that we're having a boy. Can't wait to buy some awesome toys... For him.

Good good.. I bought a lightsabre night light for my boys room *cough* great fun.