Pregnancy And Parenting

My oldest is not long out of nappies and after a couple of accidents on the first few days he's been dry for weeks. However, today has shown me the horror of a potty-training bairn with an upset stomach. My bin consists mostly of ruined kecks tied up in dogshit bags like a grenade.

You're not on The List either - when were yours born?

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear - 3
Rowan - 3
Reina - 2
Mrs M (Lm) - 1
Swarley - 2
Mozza - 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 2
lightscamera - 2

Nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2

energyzone -1

Gaz -2

milton75 -1

mozam76 -1

gav-ffc - 1

pub car king - 2

bobby carlos - 2

Nelly 78 - 1

Desp - 1

Sparky88 - 1

8MileBU - 1

James Keatings, a.k.a.The Lochend Brazil - 1

Dee Dee - 2

Septentrional Wasp - 2/3

madwullie - 2

KiwiDB - 1

Kid Twist - 1/2

mattydfc - 1/2

The Woolshed - 2/3

Ally - 2 x 1/2

11thHour - 1/3

Le Tout P'ti Fc - 1

panddarilla - 2

WeAreElgin - 2

Running total - 55 + 2 x 2/3 + 4 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Grandchildren: JG - 4 + 2/3

Romeo - 2

Keithgy - 1

heedthebaa - 3

Raidernation - 1

supermik - 1

printer - 1

Eednud -1

Grand total - 69 + 3 x 2/3 + 4 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Edited by Jacksgranda

My daughter has got herself into a sleep pattern where she wakes up at 5am. We've tried putting her to bed slightly later but it makes no difference. I know it's a ways off, but I'm filled with dread at the thought of number 2 arriving in December and her still waking up at that time after we've been up during the night with her brother or sister.

Anyone got any ideas? Someone had suggested one of these nightime/daytime clocks, but she doesn't sleep with any sort of nightlight at the moment and I don't want to introduce something like that as she sleeps well enough without one, all be it not long enough.

I had considered getting a night light and having it on a timer to come on at a later time in the morning and try to get her to understand that when the light is off it's night time and time to sleep.

edit: she's 22 months btw.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

My daughter has got herself into a sleep pattern where she wakes up at 5am. We've tried putting her to bed slightly later but it makes no difference. I know it's a ways off, but I'm filled with dread at the thought of number 2 arriving in December and her still waking up at that time after we've been up during the night with her brother or sister.

Anyone got any ideas? Someone had suggested one of these nightime/daytime clocks, but she doesn't sleep with any sort of nightlight at the moment and I don't want to introduce something like that as she sleeps well enough without one, all be it not long enough.

I had considered getting a night light and having it on a timer to come on at a later time in the morning and try to get her to understand that when the light is off it's night time and time to sleep.

edit: she's 22 months btw.

Try cutting back on daytime naps which will be hard is you're in the car or a buggy but might work

Try cutting back on daytime naps which will be hard is you're in the car or a buggy but might work

She's at nursery 3 days a week and only sleeps for an hour during the day there as opposed to when she's at home with us where she'll maybe sleep for 2 or longer, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. It's almost 5 on the button every morning. I've checked and nothing is coming on at that time that would wake her and she's got blackout blinds and curtains in her room so I don't think it's daylight waking her.

I'm going to start having to go to bed at 8pm or 9 pm because I'm exhausted!

KB, is she crabbit and sleepy when she wakes up or bright and chipper? My son woke up about the same time when he was your daughter's age and was cheery and well-rested. If yours is the same she may just be one of those annoying early-risers. We had a new baby by then so the morning routine became my responsibility.

Some things we tried:

Cutting down on the afternoon nap as mentioned.

Making sure he had something to eat before bed so he didn't wake up hungry.

Changing him before I went to bed so he didn't wake up with a sodden nappy which annoyed him.

Tried to resettle him in his own bed/bring him in with us/get in to bed with him and trying to settle him that way.

Most of the time, though, I just accepted that my day started at 5.00 and went to bed earlier. When he did wake up later it was a bonus!

Edited by The_Kincardine

Right baby number 2 born on the 17th of this month. Taken into neonatal on the 18th due to her having excessive levels of juandice that were well above the line.for transfusion. Since then she's been on blue lights to help break down the bilirubin in her skin. She has been on and off these 3 times because her levels are up and down like a yo yo.

Today she's been moved back in with mum (who caught dome sickness bug during all this likely from the hospital as she hasn't left) so going in the right direction hoping to be home in the next few days.

I for one am physically and emotionally shattered as I also have a 3 year old I have been looking after through this as well.

KB, is she crabbit and sleepy when she wakes up or bright and chipper? My son woke up about the same time when he was your daughter's age and was cheery and well-rested. If yours is the same she may just be one of those annoying early-risers. We had a new baby by then so the morning routine became my responsibility.

Some things we tried:

Cutting down on the afternoon nap as mentioned.

Making sure he had something to eat before bed so he didn't wake up hungry.

Changing him before I went to bed so he didn't wake up with a sodden nappy which annoyed him.

Tried to resettle him in his own bed/bring him in with us/get in to bed with him and trying to settle him that way.

Most of the time, though, I just accepted that my day started at 5.00 and went to bed earlier. When he did wake up later it was a bonus!

That's the thing, she doesn't seem crabbit. I am beginning to worry that she just wakes up at 5 and that's it.

I wouldn't even mind 6 as it seems a slightly more respectable time to be getting up at that 5!!

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear - 3
Rowan - 3
Reina - 2
Mrs M (Lm) - 1
Swarley - 2
Mozza - 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 2
lightscamera - 2

Nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2

energyzone -1

Gaz -2

milton75 -1

mozam76 -1

gav-ffc - 1

pub car king - 2

bobby carlos - 2

Nelly 78 - 1

Desp - 1

Sparky88 - 1

8MileBU - 1

Dee Dee - 2

Septentrional Wasp - 2/3

madwullie - 2

KiwiDB - 1

Kid Twist - 1/2

mattydfc - 1/2

The Woolshed - 2/3

Ally - 2 x 1/2

11thHour - 1/3

Le Tout P'ti Fc - 1

panddarilla - 2

WeAreElgin - 2

KnightswoodBear - 1 + 1/2

Running total - 56 + 2 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Romeo - 2

Keithgy - 1

heedthebaa - 3

Raidernation - 1

supermik - 1

printer - 1

Eednud -1

Grand total - 70 + 3 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

5 is a horror time for them to be getting up. We have a gro clock for the eldest which works OK, especially when coupled with light bribery :lol:

Light bribery? Sounds like a technique they used at Guantanamo.

Our 3yo uses a clock called Momo the Monkey which works sometimes but isn't consistent. At first it freaked her out as she thought it was a real monkey and refused to be in the same room as it.

It's a list of weans born during your time as a poster.

Ergo, +1 unless you're Div in disguise.

Actually, T_K, the criteria I have been using is bairns born since the start of this thread, which still means RoversMad gets a "1" and also DarkBlues62*

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear - 3

Rowan - 3

Reina - 2

Mrs M (Lm) - 1

Swarley - 2

Mozza - 1

Skyline Drifter - 2

die hard doonhamer - 2

Scottsdad - 1

Bobby Skidmarks - 1

Weirdcal - 1

Mallo_Madrid -2

Shuggie - 2

lightscamera - 2

Nelsjfc - 2

G_Man1985 - 2

energyzone -1

Gaz -2

milton75 -1

mozam76 -1

gav-ffc - 1

pub car king - 2

bobby carlos - 2

Nelly 78 - 1

Desp - 1

Sparky88 - 1

8MileBU - 1

Dee Dee - 2

Septentrional Wasp - 2/3

madwullie - 2

KiwiDB - 1

Kid Twist - 1/2

mattydfc - 1/2

The Woolshed - 2/3

Ally - 2 x 1/2

11thHour - 1/3

Le Tout P'ti Fc - 1

panddarilla - 2

WeAreElgin - 2

KnightswoodBear - 1 + 1/2

RoversMad - 1

DarkBlues62 - 1

Running total - 58 + 2 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Romeo - 2

Keithgy - 1

heedthebaa - 3

Raidernation - 1

supermik - 1

printer - 1

Eednud -1

Grand total - 72 + 3 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

* Edit to add: That doesn't mean RoversMad gets DarkBlues62 for the more literalistic among us, but DarkBlues62 also gets a "1"

Edited by Jacksgranda