Pregnancy And Parenting

My oldest son was dancing Saturday night fever style the morning of his first day of school. Kind of too the edge off.

Back to today and the wee one has survived her brush with a general anesthetic/mri and is gooing happily in the back of the car.

Good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Step daughter went into hospital on Thursday to get steroid injections to boost the baby's lungs - I think this one will arrive sooner rather than later.

We had the two terrors on Friday and Saturday, they're away home this morning. Mummy got out of hospital but she's experiencing contractions, so it looks like action stations!

tantrums are nothing, wait til they become three-nagers, omg

Ooft seconded. Everyone used to talk about the terrible twos but since my daughter turned three shes become very moody, cranky, argumentative, bossy etc everything you associate with a threenager.

Edited by Swarley

Re the tantrums - mine turned two on Friday and has already started to strongly indicate his displeasure at being made to do anything he doesn't want to, such as get dressed or get sung the wrong song.

On a brighter note, he's finally up and about, having learned to get himself onto his feet unaided. I guess that means he doesn't need his physio anymore.

False alarm, apparently.

I still think we'll be getting a chap on the door at 2 o'clock, two wee boys will be handed in, and mummy will be heading for maternity.

Definitely a false alarm, wrong again, Granda.

Youngest grand daughter* had to get 4 teeth extracted under anaesthetic in the hospital, and I was roped in to ride shotgun.

Everything went well, and she's away up the road looking forward to (a) a Chinese and (b) a mammoth haul from the tooth fairy.

Off topic, but why were all the appointments for the same time? There were about 6 sets of parents sitting waiting for 3+ hours, whereas if the appointments had have been spaced out (so to speak) we would only have been waiting about an hour.

* Just remembered that there is one younger than she is!

Edited by Jacksgranda

A friend of mines first wean is due in December and apparently the only name him and his wife can agree on is Brooke which is the name of my 6 year old. Now for me that name should've been a veto since its the name of a friends child and for me you just dont do that. He might not go for it but if he does I dunno if it would sit well with me. Anyone else agree/disagree?

A friend of mines first wean is due in December and apparently the only name him and his wife can agree on is Brooke which is the name of my 6 year old. Now for me that name should've been a veto since its the name of a friends child and for me you just dont do that. He might not go for it but if he does I dunno if it would sit well with me. Anyone else agree/disagree?

Sure he's not winding you up?

I don't have any kids yet, In years to come if I do I wouldn't name them the same as my niece or nephew but would possibly consider naming them the same as a friends child if I really liked the name etc. It may well be though that the baby gets called something different once it arrives, that's quite common I think (my parents changed both my name and my sisters name once we had arrived compared to what they originally planned)