Pregnancy And Parenting

Getting you broken in for when they are teenagers.

Mine's 16 months and much more of her shite and she won't see teenage. Sits down in the middle of the street yesterday. Walk 10 paces and say 'bye Cristina'. Waves at me and says it back. Walk another 5 paces and turn back round. Unprompted wave and 'bye'. Wee dick.

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear - 3
Rowan - 2
Reina - 2
Mrs M (Lm) - 1
Swarley - 2
Mozza - 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 2
lightscamera - 2
Nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2
energyzone -1
Gaz -2
milton75 -1
mozam76 -1
gav-ffc - 1
pub car king - 2
bobby carlos - 2
Nelly 78 - 1
Desp - 1
Sparky88 - 1
8MileBU - 1
James Keatings, a.k.a.The Lochend Brazil - 1
Dee Dee - 2
Septentrional Wasp - 2/3
madwullie - 2
KiwiDB - 1
Kid Twist - 1/2
mattydfc - 2/3
The Woolshed - 1
Ally - 2 x 1/2
11thHour - 1/3
Le Tout P'ti Fc - 1
panddarilla - 2
WeAreElgin - 2
KnightswoodBear - 1 + 1/2
RoversMad - 1
DarkBlues62 - 1

endieinreekie - 1

killienick - 2

jmothecat - 1/3

Running total - 61 + 2 x 2/3 + 4 x 1/2 + 2 x 1/3

Grandchildren:

JG - 5
Romeo - 2
Keithgy - 1
heedthebaa - 3
Raidernation - 1
supermik - 1
printer - 1
Eednud - 1

Grand total - 76 + 2 x 2/3 + 4 x 1/2 + 2 x 1/3

My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Suddenly starting to think we should start planning our lives out a bit more. Excited though.

Wouldn't bother, you'll soon have a screaming, shiting milk monster throwing it into chaos for the next 20 years!

My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Suddenly starting to think we should start planning our lives out a bit more. Excited though.

Well in chap and best wishes to yer Mrs. Rowan is sensible here though:

Wouldn't bother, you'll soon have a screaming, shiting milk monster throwing it into chaos for the next 20 years!

Well in chap and best wishes to yer Mrs. Rowan is sensible here though:

Yup. I got spoiled because Cristina came just before the World Cup last year. 6 weeks spent with a beer in one hand and the baby in the other watching the telly, with the occasional jaunt to the shop downstairs for more beer. Been shite since then.

Youngest is 18 months old tomorrow and have absolutely no idea where the time has gone. She now (sort of) tells us when it's bedtime which her older sister certainly didn't do. We get to about half 6 and she's standing at the living room door, ask her if it's bedtime and she will do the most humungous nod and start banging on the door! Going to try her at nursery again soon too. The one we want to put her to won't take her til she's 2 or 3 unfortunately

Ooft seconded. Everyone used to talk about the terrible twos but since my daughter turned three shes become very moody, cranky, argumentative, bossy etc everything you associate with a threenager.

Otherwise known as just being a bloody female..

17 months old yesterday and let's just say he seems to be developing his mothers stubborn streak.

Testing my patience at times and I'm one of the most patient people out there :lol:

Thankfully that little spell didn't seem to last too long.

We've found out over the last month or so that Harlen is going to need a "minor" heart procedure done, he's got a patent ductus arteriosis, effectively one of the valves in his heart hasn't closed properly.

They'll need to go in and fix it and just waiting for confirmation of when it will happen, the National Childrens Hospital is in Auckland so he has to be scheduled in, hopefully be done early in the new year at the latest.

They'll need to go in and fix it and just waiting for confirmation of when it will happen, the National Childrens Hospital is in Auckland so he has to be scheduled in, hopefully be done early in the new year at the latest.

Best wishes to the wee man. Can we expect to see him in a blue jumper at Murrayfield 20 years hence?

I definitely have the best of it. 2 granddaughters, but never had to do the parent thing :thumsup2

Downside? I wish my stepdaughters WERE mine.............mind you they all treat me like I am their Dad, so :)

Edited by Raidernation

Youngest is 18 months old tomorrow and have absolutely no idea where the time has gone.

Wee lass 3 months today, seems like yesterday we were in the hospital. Wee man turns 2 in a few days, completely stunned with how fast everything is moving along.

Any of you have a sense of loss as your kid grows? Like knowing that you'll never see that 3 month old baby version or 1 year old stumbly walk/babbling version again?

I hope so, he can be the best Kilted Kiwi we've ever had :D

I may have missed something but have you been absent from the forum for a while? Unless you've been hiding in forums I don't frequent?

Wee lass 3 months today, seems like yesterday we were in the hospital. Wee man turns 2 in a few days, completely stunned with how fast everything is moving along.

Any of you have a sense of loss as your kid grows? Like knowing that you'll never see that 3 month old baby version or 1 year old stumbly walk/babbling version again?

Yeah I understand that, more so with my third as she is def my last. But there is no chance of 'babying' her. Smart, articulate, challenging nightmare! But equally it's eased by the enjoyment of watching them grow and develop.

Thankfully that little spell didn't seem to last too long.

We've found out over the last month or so that Harlen is going to need a "minor" heart procedure done, he's got a patent ductus arteriosis, effectively one of the valves in his heart hasn't closed properly.

All the best for that.

A bit of a scare last night - Evie's eldest brother (5 years old) carted off to hospital in an ambulance at 11 o'clock. They couldn't get him wakened, and after the doctor on call had established he had had a head knock - last Thursday/Friday, as far as I remember - no chances were taken and off he went.

Better safe than sorry, I suppose. Anyway, turns out he has a bug, although he had no temperature. He's home now, but no school the day.

My 16 month old was really clingy to her Mum, which to be honest didnt concern me as it meant she had to get up in the night to soothe her if she was crying and I could just roll over and get a decent nights sleep. She went away on a hen weekend about a month ago, I wasnt looking forward to it as I thought we'd have a few issues. It couldnt be further from the truth as she must have decided to "man up" when she realised i was in charge and slept from 8-8 both nights.

The thing is, now she's decided her Mums pish craic and wont settle when her Mum puts her down and if she wakes up, i have to get up. I have tasted my own medicine, and it is bitter.