Pregnancy And Parenting

Due date tomorrow! In hospital last night for monitoring - suspected pre eclampsia. Out this afternoon though, everything fine. Contractions had started about half ten this morning though and were getting closer and more painful. Back up to hospital at seven this evening. Still only 2cm though so she got a bed and a load of morphine and I got telt to get tae. Midwife reckoned I'd get a phone call during the night.

Keiched breeks everywhere.

Stay calm, Mr Wasp. It's supposed to be the highlight of your life, so enjoy it. Keep us posted mate.

I missed the birth of my twins, as the Mrs did have pre eclampsia. I was already on my way back from afghan , and much to my frustration. I couldn't, possibly get home any quicker. :(

On the upside, I managed to whet the bairns heids, in Dubai and BA, after telling the guy on the check in desk, upgraded me to business class. To tell the truth, I was telling aw c**t! I amazed I never got nicked.

Fucking brilliant though :)

And aye, best of luck Wasp, enjoy one (maybe more?) last night of peace.

Perhaps the best place for it, but one of the guys in work is expecting, and he was asking about the moment you know you're a Dad. I remember it vividly.

Everyone, even my Dad, was telling me it would change my life. I remember going back to my Mum's the night my son was born. I genuinely felt nothing. I was obviously over the moon (read terrified), but I was quite annoyed that I had potentially missed "that moment".

As my wife had a section, she was in for a few days, so I had the house to myself at night, getting my usual eight hours.

The first day bringing him home, he was perfect, but still the moment wouldn't arrive. I was getting a bit worried at this point, wondering if I was cut out for it. 10pm came, and we were both humped, so off to bed we trot. The wee lad decided this was the time to wake up screaming, wanting fed.

To me, one of (what should be) the most basic human rights is to sleep when you're tired. And with this wee guy, he was having none of it. He wanted fed. I remember going mental (I mean, what was I expecting?!), and Mrs Adam sorted him out, but it was right then that I had my moment. I'll never forget it.

I really don't want my littlest one to grow up. He's perfect as he is, totally sweet and innocent, and I know what's coming in later years with my eldest nearly seven now, so can totally relate to what KB was talking about earlier.

Kids are quality. That said, if my wife came home to tell me she was pregnant I would probably burst into tears.

With my 4 being old enough to sleep to a reasonable time it seems I've gone all misty eyed and sentimental.

Just had my niece/goddaughter overnight - she's only 6 months or so.

Never having babies again tbh.

:lol:

Checking in on this thread for the first time since ,my debut post. My wife is now at 35 weeks with the twins. Been told 37 weeks is the point at which they will induce if nothing happens before then. In this kind of strange no mans land/waiting game at the moment. Everything is organised (well the practical stuff that can be!) so just need to get my head around it all. Bizarrely it still doesn't feel real although I guess it is about to!

Checking in on this thread for the first time since ,my debut post. My wife is now at 35 weeks with the twins. Been told 37 weeks is the point at which they will induce if nothing happens before then. In this kind of strange no mans land/waiting game at the moment. Everything is organised (well the practical stuff that can be!) so just need to get my head around it all. Bizarrely it still doesn't feel real although I guess it is about to!

Are your twins identical?

Surely he won't know that until they're born?

They can tell by the 1st scan, bud.

Off the tap o meh heid. Identical twins, which my laddies are, will share a placenta and will have individual amniotic sacks. 0.3% chance of identical twin pregnancy, I believe.

ETA for a little more info.

Edited by Dee Dee

Surely he won't know that until they're born?

Ever mindful of medical progress, I thought I better make a genuine enquiry, rather than a sarky comment.

Which was just as well, going by this follow up ...

They can tell by the 1st scan, bud.

Off the tap o meh heid. Identical twins, which my laddies are, will share a placenta and will have individual amniotic sacks. 0.3% chance of identical twin pregnancy, I believe.

ETA for a little more info.

Amazing what they can do..

Non identical, indeed as others have suggested, you can tell by the way they develop. As the doctor said to me in much needed simple terms , "they are in their own houses rather than sharing one like identical twins do". Identical is where one egg splits into two apparantly.

Quite happy that they are non identical as it will avoid amusing mistaken identity scenarios such as those in popular 90s kids show, Sister Sister.

Non identical, indeed as others have suggested, you can tell by the way they develop. As the doctor said to me in much needed simple terms , "they are in their own houses rather than sharing one like identical twins do". Identical is where one egg splits into two apparantly.

Quite happy that they are non identical as it will avoid amusing mistaken identity scenarios such as those in popular 90s kids show, Sister Sister.

Ssshussst! From when we first went public, with news. I made it my goal to ensure everyone knew that this was no fluke I had managed to produce two male heirs, in a oner. It was, entirely, down to me being THE man. #alpha:

Sister Sister! Did you have to? Ive got the theme tune, bouncing round, in my head now.