Pregnancy And Parenting

Peppa is a bossy wee cow.

Puffin rock + driftwood bay are my two rage-inducing half hours. With no Nick Jr on holiday last week, Cbeebies was on. First time we had watched "In the night garden"; not sure what the f**k is happening there.

Edited by nelsjfc

I hate Dora. Can't stand her.

Yeah me neither. Probably some sort of deep rooted repressed hatred of the Spanish! Either that or she's an annoying wee shit who I wish would just get lost :P

My eldest has now moved onto Cat In The Hat and Charlie And Lola. She was into Dinosaur Train, Tree Fu Tom and My Pet And Me but they've now been binned.

I'm all about Bing. I'm a wee bit concerned that Flop (his father / child-minder) is too lenient with him as at times he needs a good kick in the arse. The wee one has now moved on to Wooly and Tig which is set in Glasgow. Tig is another wee precious madam but Wooly is an all-round good guy.

I'm all about Bing. I'm a wee bit concerned that Flop (his father / child-minder) is too lenient with him as at times he needs a good kick in the arse. The wee one has now moved on to Wooly and Tig which is set in Glasgow. Tig is another wee precious madam but Wooly is an all-round good guy.

We're a Bing house too. When will Flop and Padget get it together? Who is Bing's Mum? What does Amma get up to every time she drops her kids off with Flop? So many questions.

Peppa is a bossy wee cow.

Puffin rock + driftwood bay are my two rage-inducing half hours. With no Nick Jr on holiday last week, Cbeebies was on. First time we had watched "In the night garden"; not sure what the f**k is happening there.

Jason Manford posted a link to this on Facebook yesterday, as good a theory as any:

http://hannahhiles.co.uk/2012/11/03/the-secret-meaning-behind-in-the-night-gardens-opening-words/

"Iggle Piggle is a dying sailor, blue with cold. Facing his unavoidable, lonely demise adrift in the middle of the ocean, far from land and hope of rescue, he admires the beauty of the night sky and acknowledges the vastness of the sea which will claim him. He decides to take down the sail to use for warmth, knowing that he no longer needs to it to help him get anywhere, and lights a lamp to aid retrieval of his body, should a boat happen to pass.

As he sails towards the garden in the night – death – he starts seeing flowers in front of his eyes and hallucinates happier times of running towards his (departed) friends, who are waiting to greet him in the sunshine. He imagines more and more fanciful things – colourful birds, huge inflatables bouncing along with manic grins, Tardis-like transportation bigger inside than out – until all his friends leave him behind.

At the end of the programme, Iggle Piggle is of course the last to go to sleep, the last of his crew left. The omniscient narrator reassures him: “Don’t worry, Iggle Piggle! It’s time to go!” – something we would all want to feel in our final moments – and he drops down flat on his back, sailing off into the night back in his little boat."

We're a Bing house too. When will Flop and Padget get it together? Who is Bing's Mum? What does Amma get up to every time she drops her kids off with Flop? So many questions.

Amma runs the crèche. There's another punter that drops the kids off (she's red with glasses maybe - always on her mobile. I reckon she's a high flyer in the city - stock n shares and all that).

I think Padget would get it. She has a very, very sexy voice. She's also in Call the Midwife but I'm not sure she'd get it in that. I'm all about Padget.

Love the creative analysis of the kids shows.

My oldest loved Peppa Pig, I hated that snooty bitch (pig, not daughter).

Middle one loved Octonauts (sp) which I quite liked too, some weird shit happening in that.

Wee man loves Hey Duggee! just now which I'm all right with, there's something a bit sinister about the fucker (dog not boy) but the squirrels are sound.

Honourable mentions for Charlie and Lola, Ben and Holly, Milly and Molly and the mental wee monster trucks, Blaze maybe.

Tidy.

Love the creative analysis of the kids shows.

My oldest loved Peppa Pig, I hated that snooty bitch (pig, not daughter).

Middle one loved Octonauts (sp) which I quite liked too, some weird shit happening in that.

Wee man loves Hey Duggee! just now which I'm all right with, there's something a bit sinister about the fucker (dog not boy) but the squirrels are sound.

Honourable mentions for Charlie and Lola, Ben and Holly, Milly and Molly and the mental wee monster trucks, Blaze maybe.

Tidy.

Hey duggie is brilliant. Both me and the missus do a particularly good impression (make of that what you will).

No love for Wallykazam? Easily the most catchy theme tune.

After the Go Go Gos that is.

I cant stand Wallykazam, it's more The wee shitty character on it that annoys me, Bob Goblin I think? The youngest loves the Go Go Go's though.

She has also started watching Tellytubbies on the TalkTalk player. Is it worrying that i seem to remember most of the episodes when she is watching them?

The oldest has started watching the new Danger mouse, think they missed a trick by not getting the other lad fae pointless to be Penfold though!

Youngest is 3 and wearing pants to bed and was dry. 1 night 1 success. Hopefully oldest will follow on

How old is your oldest? Mine is 6 but has nighttime continence issues. We were sent to the Enuretic clinic and one of the things we found out was that she wasn't getting enough to drink during the day meaning her bladder isn't strong enough to last all night. We managed to get about 12 dry nights in a row and then she went back to a few "slightly wets" mixed with "very wets" and dry's. Had to get her some nighttime pull ups to wear though as we wouldn't manage to keep up with washing.l the bedding etc in the colder months.

• 2 weeks later...

The wean successfully had his banana surgically peeled today, and all went well :thumsup2

As per usual with these things, the anaesthetic seems to have been the most distressing part, and his main complaint is that he lost a day of Roblox time to get it done. Doesn't seem to have occurred to him that he'll have a couple of extra days off school to play :lol:

The look on his face when he finally got to see his newly-shorn winkle, though :o

He is also 6, still on nappies at night time, no where near close to being dry at nights. This week has been a disaster for him, has shit himself 3 times this week in school, however the school have been awfully nice and kept his pants and the actual shit in it for us!

The youngest however is doing good, have to wake him up about 12 to take him to toilet to see if he does a wee, by doing that this seems to work well, and nothing to drink any time after 6

We used to wake the oldest up about that time each night too but she seems to have developed her mother's "grumpy as he'll" attitude when we wake her up. Now just stick her in nappies apart from some nights when she asks not to wear them. 6 drinks before 6 was the guidelines we were given

The wean successfully had his banana surgically peeled today, and all went well :thumsup2

As per usual with these things, the anaesthetic seems to have been the most distressing part, and his main complaint is that he lost a day of Roblox time to get it done. Doesn't seem to have occurred to him that he'll have a couple of extra days off school to play :lol:

The look on his face when he finally got to see his newly-shorn winkle, though :o

Disturbing stuff. :thumbsdown

Got my middle nephew for a few hours before nursery. He's the terrible 3's just now (from my experience with him, my oldest nephew and my 3 year old niece, it certainly isn't terrible at 2, it's 3!) but if he's kept occupied he's a great wee bairn. He loves cleaning up. Who said Child Labour is a bad thing?!

post-12169-14470633331897_thumb.jpg

post-12169-14470633427958_thumb.jpg

post-12169-14470633572422_thumb.jpg

After he finished his chores he asked for some juice so I said he could get it from the fridge. When he opened the fridge something fell off the door. I asked him to put it back up. I was finishing the hoovering so never noticed him doing it. When I put his juice back I soon noticed where he had put the magnet and leaflet :lol:

post-12169-14470634942213_thumb.jpg

Edited by 19QOS19