Pregnancy And Parenting

Wife had her 20 week scan yesterday, we're having another girl, I've no chance of being able to do anything in that house, bad enough as it is without another one to gang up on me

Was your other daughter born after the start of this thread?

Meanwhile, I'll put you in for a 1/2 for your impending arrival.

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear - 3
Rowan - 2
Reina - 2
Mrs M (Lm) - 1
Swarley - 2
Mozza - 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 2
lightscamera - 2
Nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2
energyzone -1
Gaz -2
milton75 -1
mozam76 -1
gav-ffc - 1
pub car king - 2
bobby carlos - 2
Nelly 78 - 1
Desp - 1
Sparky88 - 1
8MileBU - 1
James Keatings, a.k.a.The Lochend Brazil - 1
Dee Dee - 2
Septentrional Wasp - 1
madwullie - 2
KiwiDB - 1
Kid Twist - 1/2
mattydfc - 2/3
The Woolshed - 1
Ally - 2 x 1/2
11thHour - 1 + 2/3
Le Tout P'ti Fc - 1
panddarilla - 2
WeAreElgin - 2
KnightswoodBear - 1 + 1/2
RoversMad - 1
DarkBlues62 - 1

endieinreekie - 1

killienick - 2

jmothecat - 1/3

banana - 2

carpetmonster - 1

Deefiant - 2

SlipperyP - 1

Ando - 3

Penny Lane - 1

bambino7 -1

Scotty79 - 1/2

Running total - 74 + 2 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Grandchildren:

JG - 5
Romeo - 2
Keithgy - 1
heedthebaa - 3
Raidernation - 1
supermik - 1
printer - 1
Eednud - 1

Grand total - 89 + 2 x 2/3 + 5 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Earlier on, my youngest (he's 4) was singing some nonsense that didn't even sound like words when he suddenly stopped, looked up at me and said,

"Mummy, I didn't say f**k"

"I beg your pardon?"

"I didn't say f**k, Mummy"

Oh, well that's alright then, Harry.

Earlier on, my youngest (he's 4) was singing some nonsense that didn't even sound like words when he suddenly stopped, looked up at me and said,

"Mummy, I didn't say f**k"

"I beg your pardon?"

"I didn't say f**k, Mummy"

Oh, well that's alright then, Harry.

Well at least he knows not to say it!

"You said a bad word, granda."

"Is it any wonder, living with your granny."

(Not in earshot of granny, of course.)

Our 6 year old gets quite offended by bad language (I do try and curb it, their dad, not so much <_< ) but he's quick enough to use it when he's been sent to his room for misbehaving. "I hate this fucking place!" was clearly heard from the other side of his door a couple of nights ago!

Edit to add: I resisted the urge to say "me too" out loud.

Edited by Mrs M

Well it's confirmed - my other half is expecting, again. She's had an abortion in the past and said she nearly died so won't even contemplate it so we are definitely having the baby. I'm gutted, more so for my baby who won't get the attention she deserves with another one before she's even 1 ffs :(. Just have to deal with it I suppose.

My sisters three have just been to see Santa and for the second year in a row have cliped on my dad by telling Santa that 'grandad is naughty, he makes cheeky eyes at granny'

Last year we did a video of him unwrapping a piece of coal at the house and sent it to my sister (folks came down for Xmas as wee one was just over a week old and the Mrs had had a c sec).

This year they are visiting us just before they go to new York for Xmas so not sure how to play this one this year

Fucking hell, that's a pretty bleak post mate :(

With plenty of love and attention, the two of them growing up together and with only a small age difference will see them have a such a tight bond, possibly stronger than a lot of other siblings, and that's an amazing thing.

Thanks man and good call. She says it won't be any worse than twins and once the baby stuff is done in a few years time it won't need repeated. Just have to take it as it is and everything is done for a reason I suppose. :)

Well it's confirmed - my other half is expecting, again. She's had an abortion in the past and said she nearly died so won't even contemplate it so we are definitely having the baby. I'm gutted, more so for my baby who won't get the attention she deserves with another one before she's even 1 ffs :(. Just have to deal with it I suppose.

Happened to one of my mates. They had twins and she got the implant. Couple of months later they got the good news that they had another on the way. They now have 3 boys 13 months apart. He got the two brick treatment recently...

Happened to one of my mates. They had twins and she got the implant. Couple of months later they got the good news that they had another on the way. They now have 3 boys 13 months apart. He got the two brick treatment recently...

f**k sake there is worse examples out there. fair call with the treatment too. A wee Xmas gift to myself I reckon.

f**k sake there is worse examples out there. fair call with the treatment too. A wee Xmas gift to myself I reckon.

Happens mate. The good news is you won't get out of the swing of early feeds only to have to do it for another, you'll get the hard part over and done with (and you will have all the new born stuff you need and won't be that old...)

I have the fear for when we get round to the next one

She won't know any different - two of the grandsons are 13 months apart, the bigger one just sailed on, at that age they regard nearly anything as normal, we project our feelings into the situation, but by that time we've had 20/30 years experience of life, and what we think it should be like for our children.

Happens mate. The good news is you won't get out of the swing of early feeds only to have to do it for another, you'll get the hard part over and done with (and you will have all the new born stuff you need and won't be that old...)

I have the fear for when we get round to the next one

Yeah very good call mate. Thanks.

She won't know any different - two of the grandsons are 13 months apart, the bigger one just sailed on, at that age they regard nearly anything as normal, we project our feelings into the situation, but by that time we've had 20/30 years experience of life, and what we think it should be like for our children.

Very true. Thanks Granda'