Pregnancy And Parenting

The tax payer certainly hasn't paid for their tele. They are probably the most organised couple I've ever met, I've no idea how they do it though. One child sounds hard enough work.

There literally are not enough hours in the day once you get to two. Like, you actually need about 28 hours a day rather than the bog standard 24.

God knows how people do five, six, and all that malarky.

There literally are not enough hours in the day once you get to two. Like, you actually need about 28 hours a day rather than the bog standard 24.

God knows how people do five, six, and all that malarky.

One to two is the hardest. We went two to three without much hassle, if anything its a bit easier as the older two played while we dealt with the baby.

My mate has five, and he says the same, one and two are very hard work, after that they kinda just toe the party line.

Obviously when you go over three you need a bigger car and house etc so practically its more of an issue.

One to two is the hardest. We went two to three without much hassle, if anything its a bit easier as the older two played while we dealt with the baby.

My mate has five, and he says the same, one and two are very hard work, after that they kinda just toe the party line.

Obviously when you go over three you need a bigger car and house etc so practically its more of an issue.

We've found going from one to two pretty straight forward. Our oldest is 4 and is pretty happy to disappear to his bedroom and play if the wee one starts being grumpy or tired. They play well together as well though, he's fascinated with her and has a great temperament.

There is 19 months between our first and second then 25 months between our second and third, the girls are 6 and 4 and the boy nearly 2 now.

When our second was born the first's nose was very much out of place, she was still very baby like at 18 months and would have been happy if the new baby could have went back to where it came from. So keeping her feeling involved or doing things with her was exhausting. Practically too, we were still carrying a lot of shit about for number one when number two was born so it was tough.

By the time the boy came the girls were best buds and they both shared an interest in him and involved him from a very young age, so it was much easier for us.

I do think it's easier with more than one. Mine are 7, 4 and 2 now. They are quiet close but the youngest one is a stubborn mule who laughs when you tell her off. But they do play together and are quite close. The middle one is a clipe though and that's just as annoying as the wee one who just sorts them out herself....

I do think it's easier with more than one.

I think the first time is the hardest in that you've no idea what you're doing, how to schedule shit properly, etc etc. By the time the second arrives, you know your shit. It's just the 'not enough hours in the day' thing when the 1st child is still too small to do their own shit when #2 arrives.

(So much room for shitting puns in there)

The only thing worse than taking a baby on a plane is taking a potty training toddler. Son decided he needed a pee just as we started the descent despite numerous trips during the 2 hour flight for a dribble... Thank goodness for pull ups, even if it was a fight to get him to put it on.

I'm increasingly catching myself absent mindedly singing "D...D... DORA, D...D...D... DORA" in random situations, such as on the street and waiting for elevators.

TBF its pretty catchy.

Tune from the new Dora in the city is a bit of an earworm too, even if the programme is dreadful.