Pregnancy And Parenting

Wee lass 3 months today, seems like yesterday we were in the hospital. Wee man turns 2 in a few days, completely stunned with how fast everything is moving along.

Any of you have a sense of loss as your kid grows? Like knowing that you'll never see that 3 month old baby version or 1 year old stumbly walk/babbling version again?

My wee girl just turned 2 and I was walking down the stairs with her the other day, holding her hand. I got this sudden feeling of sadness that she'll grow up and won't need me to help her anymore. It was honestly one of the most heartbreaking feelings i've ever experienced.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

My 16 month old was really clingy to her Mum, which to be honest didnt concern me as it meant she had to get up in the night to soothe her if she was crying and I could just roll over and get a decent nights sleep. She went away on a hen weekend about a month ago, I wasnt looking forward to it as I thought we'd have a few issues. It couldnt be further from the truth as she must have decided to "man up" when she realised i was in charge and slept from 8-8 both nights.

The thing is, now she's decided her Mums pish craic and wont settle when her Mum puts her down and if she wakes up, i have to get up. I have tasted my own medicine, and it is bitter.

:lol:

I had the same for a while, wouldn't go to sleep unless his mammy was there. She went on a business trip for a few days and boom, full-on hugs going to sleep. On the 2nd night drifting off to sleep he pronounced out of nowhere, "Baba so cool" :wub:

My wee girl just turned 2 and I was walking down the stairs with her the other day, holding her hand. I got this sudden feeling sadness that she'll grow up and won't need me to help her anymore. It was honestly one of the most heartbreaking feelings i've ever experienced.

Thanks, mate.

Right in the feels.

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear - 3
Rowan - 2
Reina - 2
Mrs M (Lm) - 1
Swarley - 2
Mozza - 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 2
lightscamera - 2
Nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2
energyzone -1
Gaz -2
milton75 -1
mozam76 -1
gav-ffc - 1
pub car king - 2
bobby carlos - 2
Nelly 78 - 1
Desp - 1
Sparky88 - 1
8MileBU - 1
James Keatings, a.k.a.The Lochend Brazil - 1
Dee Dee - 2
Septentrional Wasp - 2/3
madwullie - 2
KiwiDB - 1
Kid Twist - 1/2
mattydfc - 2/3
The Woolshed - 1
Ally - 2 x 1/2
11thHour - 1/3
Le Tout P'ti Fc - 1
panddarilla - 2
WeAreElgin - 2
KnightswoodBear - 1 + 1/2
RoversMad - 1
DarkBlues62 - 1

endieinreekie - 1

killienick - 2

jmothecat - 1/3

banana - 2

Running total - 63 + 2 x 2/3 + 4 x 1/2 + 2 x 1/3

Grandchildren:

JG - 5
Romeo - 2
Keithgy - 1
heedthebaa - 3
Raidernation - 1
supermik - 1
printer - 1
Eednud - 1

Grand total - 78 + 2 x 2/3 + 4 x 1/2 + 2 x 1/3

(Updated to include banana's 2)

Yes. It's a bizarre feeling. Even more bizarre when you realise that the tables are slowly turning and in the futures they'll be the ones seeing you stumbling/babbling and pishing your breeks.

Probably.

Going by the steaming stories thread, this is already the case for many.

My wee girl just turned 2 and I was walking down the stairs with her the other day, holding her hand. I got this sudden feeling sadness that she'll grow up and won't need me to help her anymore. It was honestly one of the most heartbreaking feelings i've ever experienced.

One of my colleagues once said to me: "enjoy every cuddle, because one day you'll pick her up to give her a cuddle and it'll be the last time you'll ever do it." I was absolutely greeting.

I've got 4 of them. 3 boys and a girl.

Youngest (funniest, cutest, most mental) is 4 now and starts school next year.

I am absolutely devastated that we won't have that toddlery type of kid walking about the house. Babies are great but 2-4 years is the best time for me - after that they know exactly what they want and can do most things for themselves. It's great seeing them get their independence etc but just not the same.

My Mrs keeps joking about having another one and I'm laughing it off with the "no chance" patter but the reality is if I could afford a 6 bedroom house and the associated costs I'd be bang up for it. As it is we are squeezed into a 4 bedroom at he minute and it's tight.

She's not worked for 7 years now though so I'm quite looking forward to her getting back to work for a while. Will mean we can take the kids on the holidays we have always wanted to (mainly Florida) and maybe eventually upgrade to a 6 bedroomer......

I've got 4 of them. 3 boys and a girl.

Youngest (funniest, cutest, most mental) is 4 now and starts school next year.

I am absolutely devastated that we won't have that toddlery type of kid walking about the house. Babies are great but 2-4 years is the best time for me - after that they know exactly what they want and can do most things for themselves. It's great seeing them get their independence etc but just not the same.

My Mrs keeps joking about having another one and I'm laughing it off with the "no chance" patter but the reality is if I could afford a 6 bedroom house and the associated costs I'd be bang up for it. As it is we are squeezed into a 4 bedroom at he minute and it's tight.

She's not worked for 7 years now though so I'm quite looking forward to her getting back to work for a while. Will mean we can take the kids on the holidays we have always wanted to (mainly Florida) and maybe eventually upgrade to a 6 bedroomer......

You're not on the list either - how many of them were born after 26th January 2009?

My daughter is 10 now and it's a cracking age. As well as having this funny wee person around, her social life is amazing. The missus and I are regressing to being able to go out all the time as the youngster is always off on sleepovers, holidays with pals, parties etc.

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear - 3
Rowan - 2
Reina - 2
Mrs M (Lm) - 1
Swarley - 2
Mozza - 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 2
lightscamera - 2
Nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2
energyzone -1
Gaz -2
milton75 -1
mozam76 -1
gav-ffc - 1
pub car king - 2
bobby carlos - 2
Nelly 78 - 1
Desp - 1
Sparky88 - 1
8MileBU - 1
James Keatings, a.k.a.The Lochend Brazil - 1
Dee Dee - 2
Septentrional Wasp - 2/3
madwullie - 2
KiwiDB - 1
Kid Twist - 1/2
mattydfc - 2/3
The Woolshed - 1
Ally - 2 x 1/2
11thHour - 1 + 2/3
Le Tout P'ti Fc - 1
panddarilla - 2
WeAreElgin - 2
KnightswoodBear - 1 + 1/2
RoversMad - 1
DarkBlues62 - 1

endieinreekie - 1

killienick - 2

jmothecat - 1/3

banana - 2

carpetmonster - 1

Deefiant - 2

SlipperyP - 1

Running total - 68 + 3 x 2/3 + 4 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Grandchildren:

JG - 5
Romeo - 2
Keithgy - 1
heedthebaa - 3
Raidernation - 1
supermik - 1
printer - 1
Eednud - 1

Grand total - 83 + 3 x 2/3 + 4 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Edited by Jacksgranda

I may have missed something but have you been absent from the forum for a while? Unless you've been hiding in forums I don't frequent?

I've been loitering in the background reading the forum a bit but rarely ever posting, too many other things going on.

Due date tomorrow! In hospital last night for monitoring - suspected pre eclampsia. Out this afternoon though, everything fine. Contractions had started about half ten this morning though and were getting closer and more painful. Back up to hospital at seven this evening. Still only 2cm though so she got a bed and a load of morphine and I got telt to get tae. Midwife reckoned I'd get a phone call during the night.

Keiched breeks everywhere.