Pregnancy And Parenting

post-6010-1238705075_thumb.jpg

Ah but we were talking about midwife appointments which are usually at your GP surgery. Although we listened in at hospital appointments when I was in clinics as a student midwife albeit that was a while ago.

The only way to listen without you hearing would be to use one of the above but they are seen rarely nowadays.

Like I said, I didn't follow what you were talking about. I never went to a GP surgery appointment. Wife went to those herself and may well have had a listen to heartbeats more than once. I went to the frequent scan and consultant appointments at the maternity ward and we only got it once there.

And I didn't say "listen", I said "check". They appeared to be checking the heartbeat during the scan using pictures on a couple of occasions but that might just be me not understanding what they were doing.

Was 24 weeks yesterday, so he/she is officially viable! :D Kicks are getting so strong now and I can sometimes feel 2 prods in different places at the same time, so limbs must be all over the place! Was watching my bump for about an hour last night - it's fascinating. Think he/she moved into a different position at one point as there was a big wave-like movement from the bottom right to the bottom left - that really freaked me out! Can't believe I'm going to have a baby to look after in about 3 and a half months! :eek:

Was 24 weeks yesterday, so he/she is officially viable! :D Kicks are getting so strong now and I can sometimes feel 2 prods in different places at the same time, so limbs must be all over the place! Was watching my bump for about an hour last night - it's fascinating. Think he/she moved into a different position at one point as there was a big wave-like movement from the bottom right to the bottom left - that really freaked me out! Can't believe I'm going to have a baby to look after in about 3 and a half months! :eek:

I'm just finishing off sorting what I'm taking up to you, I can't believe you've only got 3.5 months left to go!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we're almost done with the nursery. The carpet went down today and we're going to build up the furniture tonight. I'm getting massive - at night, my skin across my belly is so tight that I don't think it will stretch any more! I'm currently being kicked in the ribs and it's *really* uncomfortable. I really am going to have to getting round to packing my hospital bag - I post on another forum and there was another "mum due in July" who had her baby yesterday! Best to be prepared, huh? I think it's safe to say I'm officially papping myself...

Well, we're almost done with the nursery. The carpet went down today and we're going to build up the furniture tonight. I'm getting massive - at night, my skin across my belly is so tight that I don't think it will stretch any more! I'm currently being kicked in the ribs and it's *really* uncomfortable. I really am going to have to getting round to packing my hospital bag - I post on another forum and there was another "mum due in July" who had her baby yesterday! Best to be prepared, huh? I think it's safe to say I'm officially papping myself...

When are you due Debbie? Cal was 8 and a half weeks early :D

29/07. Crikey, was he?! If that happens to me, I'll be going into labour in about 4 weeks!!! Shit....

Better pack that bag :lol:

I never really felt properly pregnant as I never got to the waddling stage.

Better pack that bag :lol:

I never really felt properly pregnant as I never got to the waddling stage.

I didn't have my bag packed and it was't fun trying to organise it whilst my waters were in downpour :lol:

I didn't have my bag packed and it was't fun trying to organise it whilst my waters were in downpour :lol:

Neither did I. I was due into work in the labour ward the day my waters went. I took two bags up to the hospital. One with nightie, etc and another with my uniform. Guess which one I took in with me?

Why? What did you think? Or do i want to know?!

Ayrgirl-and the hospital gowns are so flattering!

Nah, I left the other bag in the car. Monster was sent off for it when it became apparent I wasn't going to be working that afternoon :lol:

Why? What did you think? Or do i want to know?!

Well, I don't have precise mental images about people, but I had a precise mental image of you. Stick thin, quite short, dark red hair in tight curls, little round glasses, a world weary expression on your face, sitting at a kitchen table having a break from the chaos of domestic life, holding a cigarette with a load of ash on it, smoke curling from it and concealing your nicotine stained fingers, with 16 things on the go at the same time.

You don't fit that image in the slightest! :ph34r:

Stick thin, quite short, dark red hair in tight curls, little round glasses, a world weary expression on your face, sitting at a kitchen table having a break from the chaos of domestic life, holding a cigarette with a load of ash on it, smoke curling from it and concealing your nicotine stained fingers, with 16 things on the go at the same time.

That's my ideal woman.

Well, I don't have precise mental images about people, but I had a precise mental image of you. Stick thin, quite short, dark red hair in tight curls, little round glasses, a world weary expression on your face, sitting at a kitchen table having a break from the chaos of domestic life, holding a cigarette with a load of ash on it, smoke curling from it and concealing your nicotine stained fingers, with 16 things on the go at the same time.

You don't fit that image in the slightest! :ph34r:

FFS how old did you think I was?! :lol:

I don't smoke either! I am only 5'3" so I am short :lol: