Pregnancy And Parenting

Mine was really useful actually, we just sat in a big circle and drank tea/coffee and ate biscuits while the midwife went through the whole 'what to expect in labour' thing, we had discussions about it and she also went through the various pain relief options. Was really good. They didn't do any breathing exercise things at any of my classes - she said that she found them to be a waste of time as when you're in the hospital it all kind of goes out the window anyway and your midwife there will be talking you through it all. Hope it's a good class for you too. :)

Can gentlemen attend too? My wife is currently about 12 weeks preggers and we are going to see the community midwife tomorrow and for a scan too, I think. Early days I know, but I get the feeling I will be dragged along to some of these ante-natal class thingies when the time comes.

Yeah, my husband was at them with me, said he enjoyed it. Oh, I'd also recommend aqua-natal classes for your partners. I've been going to one for a couple of months now and I really enjoy it. :) In fact, I better get going, have one in about an hour.

Yeah, my husband was at them with me, said he enjoyed it. Oh, I'd also recommend aqua-natal classes for your partners. I've been going to one for a couple of months now and I really enjoy it.

How many weeks were you when you got to book up for your ante natal classes? I have my next midwife appointment when I am 23 and a bit weeks (actually that's next week now that I think about it) and was going to ask.

Will maybe look into aqua-natal then, had been thinking of doing some swimming but have completely failed so far.

I have also got a special exercise dvd which has so far done an excellent job of gathering dust. Seemed like a good idea and it was fairly cheap luckily!

Hope you don't mind me quizzing you a bit as you are several weeks ahead of me! :)

How many weeks were you when you got to book up for your ante natal classes? I have my next midwife appointment when I am 23 and a bit weeks (actually that's next week now that I think about it) and was going to ask.

Will maybe look into aqua-natal then, had been thinking of doing some swimming but have completely failed so far.

I have also got a special exercise dvd which has so far done an excellent job of gathering dust. Seemed like a good idea and it was fairly cheap luckily!

Hope you don't mind me quizzing you a bit as you are several weeks ahead of me! :)

I'm a fairly strong and confident swimmer but I went when I was about 25 weeks and hated it. My centre of gravity was obviously different and the bump just put me all wrong.

:lol: Got a brilliant image in my head of you at the class.

lol, I was probably all that and worse! My back is in agony and so I couldnt help her out with any of the 'practical' stuff.

It was a physio class where they tell you all about the pelvis, different exercises you can do and how to relax etc. I think the girls all thought it was worthwhile while the dads were doing a lot of yawning and watch checking!

No worries - I actually didn't have to book anything, the midwife sent me a letter with the times of the classes and I just had to turn up to them. Definitely ask at your next appointment. I was the least far gone at our classes - one of the girls was 36 weeks at the first one!

I'm a fairly strong and confident swimmer but I went when I was about 25 weeks and hated it. My centre of gravity was obviously different and the bump just put me all wrong.

I'm enjoying swimming even more now than I used to - I've always enjoyed swimming, but I love it now. :)

Cheers. :) Will definitely bring it up next week then. Will have to write a list of things to ask, my brain is not at it's sharpest these days.

I have also completely lost my motivation at work. I quite like my job and workmates but I really can't be bothered doing anything. Spent a good part of my shift yesterday looking at baby equipment and stuff on t'internet and just doing minimum work. :(

I really like swimming, I have been a bit shy to try the local pool, will maybe try to rope a friend into joining me as she already goes there. She can get the added bonus of being entertained by my big tummy!