Pregnancy And Parenting

Neither did I. I was due into work in the labour ward the day my waters went. I took two bags up to the hospital. One with nightie, etc and another with my uniform. Guess which one I took in with me?
Nah, I left the other bag in the car. Monster was sent off for it when it became apparent I wasn't going to be working that afternoon :lol:

I remember the midwife examining you 'down there' and you were 8 cms dilated, and you said:

"Right then, I have a shift to do!"

and tried to go to work, with my boy's head practically at yer knees. :lol:

Well, I don't have precise mental images about people, but I had a precise mental image of you. Stick thin, quite short, dark red hair in tight curls, little round glasses, a world weary expression on your face, sitting at a kitchen table having a break from the chaos of domestic life, holding a cigarette with a load of ash on it, smoke curling from it and concealing your nicotine stained fingers, with 16 things on the go at the same time.

:lol::lol::lol: The only thing you got nearly right was the glasses! :lol::lol::lol:

Guest The Phoenix
:lol::lol::lol: The only thing you got nearly right was the glasses! :lol::lol::lol:

His "mental" image of Rowan is insulting to say the least. :angry:

Pray to God that he never has an "offical" reason for posting on this thread - the mental image of the product from his loins is beyond scary.

FFS how old did you think I was?! :lol:

I don't smoke either! I am only 5'3" so I am short :lol:

I had you pegged as a couple years older than me, so 27 maybe? At least I got the height right, although I feel somewhat disappointed you don't match my mental image now, my description sounded quite sexy! :P

I had you pegged as a couple years older than me, so 27 maybe? At least I got the height right, although I feel somewhat disappointed you don't match my mental image now, my description sounded quite sexy! :P

Jesus wept, I must have had a hard paper round if you thought I looked like that and was only 27 :lol: I'm 26 btw!

actually I'd quite like to meet your mental image if you've got her number thanks B) . though non smoking and a bit taller would be preferable, oh and a bit less of the domestic chaos too and maybe blonde, and not quite 'stick' thin, actually....i'll not bother :lol: .

Ta, I keep meaning to text, was the chair ok? Was Stuart still cursing when you got it! :lol:

The chair is perfect, got a funny story for you about it to do with Stewart, actually! I'll hopefully catch you on MSN!

That's me starting to get a proper bump over the last couple of weeks. Also the squirmy feelings in my tummy are getting a lot more vigorous. While this is a cool feeling and makes me laugh, it is also contributing to me also papping myself a bit.

Only just past 20 weeks (second scan was cool) but that's HALF WAY aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:D

Am 28 weeks today. Baby has moved from being oblique to head down! Yay! Big bum is sticking out the side of my bump and next time s/he kicks me in the ribs, s/he's getting a smacked bottom! ;)

Heartburn has been a nightmare, but Gaviscon is helping. :)

How's your wife been keeping, Haitch? The kicking is awesome, but to be honest, I'm kind of fed up of it now - I don't mind getting kicked in the stomach/bladder but when my ribs are getting bruised, I really don't appreciate it. :) That said, if it stopped, I'd be panicking!

13 weeks to go!! getting more excited by the day. bump is perfectly round, with some gentle kicks, nothing too aggressive yet!

It's a girl then! Perectly round bumps are girls........or so the old wives say!

How's your wife been keeping, Haitch? The kicking is awesome, but to be honest, I'm kind of fed up of it now - I don't mind getting kicked in the stomach/bladder but when my ribs are getting bruised, I really don't appreciate it. :) That said, if it stopped, I'd be panicking!

Yeah she seems fine - she is going down to 02 in London to see Boyzone end of may so she is not letting the pregnancy stop her doing anything she wants lol

We thought the baby had hic-cups the other day that was funny!

13 weeks to go!! getting more excited by the day. bump is perfectly round, with some gentle kicks, nothing too aggressive yet!

Good luck with everything Reading saintee.. my wife is from reading, Ilehurst to be exact - you still live there?

[quote name='Haitch' date='May 8 2009, 12:16' post='3382486'

Good luck with everything Reading saintee.. my wife is from reading, Ilehurst to be exact - you still live there?

yeah, until the 15th, moving to swindon. know a few lads fom tilehurst through saturday/sunday football! im at burghfield common.